Why is housing so cheap in Florida?

Why is housing so cheap in Florida?

They have amazing homes there for under 500K. What's the catch?

Do these properties not appreciate the same way other places do?

>inb4 some /pol/ tier shit

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/118425577
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/&ved=0ahUKEwj2xPij6_DUAhXLPT4KHWy7B7QQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNEt5uiJE6jFbWyMnSASQBppDzJv3Q
cnn.com/2013/03/01/us/florida-sinkhole/index.html
earthtech.com/residential/sinkhole-truth/florida-sinkhole-locations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The catch is that it is Florida. Coast is a shithole, inland is Alabama rural style.

It's because Florida is a shithole. No good human being lives in Florida.

Can you florida is a shithole folks elaborate on your viewpoint.

Seemed like a nice place when i went there on vacation

2008 crisis where there were foreclosures left and right

home insurance
hoas
cubans, venezuelans, and similar shit

I bought a 3br 2 ba house in Orlando for 180k last year, now there's no 3br for under 250k

I mean, it's paradise for some people. But imo

>whole state is a swampy jungle
>muggy year round
>alligators and crocs in literally every body of water
>bottom-of-the-barrel people
>tons of blacks and ghettos
>tons of white trash and backwater sketchiness
>worst drivers in the US
>not a single hill anywhere
>strip malls and other urban sprawl trash everywhere

trash everywhere
meth/heroin everywhere
lots of synthetic drugs brought there
too many illegals
not enough economic opportunity to balance it out
rural people are retarded
horrible bugs
horrible weather

if you dont mind stupid rural people move to kentucky
if you dont mind illegals move to texas

florida is place for old people to die and be served on by drug addicted youths.

my aunt and uncle lived in tampa suburb, then moved to miami to retire

Beware of Florida Man
vimeo.com/118425577

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/&ved=0ahUKEwj2xPij6_DUAhXLPT4KHWy7B7QQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNEt5uiJE6jFbWyMnSASQBppDzJv3Q

florida is getting assblasted by global warming and the state is controlled by retards so its going to take a trillion dollars of property being lost for anyone to do anything about it

its the single worst place you could buy property

is florida really that bad?
i got a pretty decent job opportunity there but everyone says its shit

because it will be underwater in 25 years.

lmao

and you've got meme senators like this one that are convinced climate change isnt real, so they actively work against their constituents. truly the worst timeline for Floridians

Born and raised in north florida. I agree with most of you guys' points except for the fact that there are somehow "no opportunities"
>tons of bugs
>the heat is god awful
>minorities galore
But,
>some of the best universities in the country
>many (and I mean many) companies have large holdings in Florida. This opens the door for professions in Boeing, Disney, agriculture, architecture, etc. I live in Orlando and I can tell you that there is no shortage of job opportunities
>sexy bitches EVERYWHERE

Inland Florida is kind of like rural Alabama or Georgia, but coastal cities are where it's at. Just stay away from south Florida. I'm from Jacksonville and it seems like every person from south florida has a mindset that makes me understand why people shit on FL.

Climate change is literally marxist propaganda, go live innawoods or shut the fuck up

You're a fucking idiot

muh climate change. go sick hillary's dick.

Its because global warming said miami would be underwater by 2025.

You obviously don't live in Florida or the United States for that matter. What're visiting the beach on the 4th and decided to pull up zillow?

HOUSING MARKET WILL CRASH SOON

The houses here in fort lauderdale are getting pretty expensive. Like 300k plus. Housing market needs to crash soon.

>Why is housing so cheap in Florida?

>cnn.com/2013/03/01/us/florida-sinkhole/index.html

>earthtech.com/residential/sinkhole-truth/florida-sinkhole-locations/

Look at housing prices in Miami. They're extremely inflated and expensive, unlike the rest of the state.

florida is all going underwater thanks to global waming. you dont want to buy real estate there

Tell that to the everyone in Miami and Fort Lauderdale

I'm 40 and been here since I was 5

its a wacky place, I fish and enjoy the tourist ho's and airboating, and hog hunting

plenty of money to make here, housing is cheap, no state income tax and gullible boomers everywhere blowing their ss checks.

there is no meth problem where I am. The blow is too good for people to bother with it. The h problem is not nearly as bad as the north east.

This, flat land and run down wafflehouses everywhere.

Horrific.

>Seemed like a nice place when i went there on vacation

You probably saw a very small and touristy portion of the state. The rest of it, like most states, is not like that.

If you want to buy properties in Florida as an investment, go for it. But if you want to buy a house so you can live in Florida, don't do it man. If you do do it, at least go for Orlando or Tampa or something.

Florida has its pros and its cons...you really get the extreme ends of the spectrum

>Great weather on the beach areas and some areas of the state, sunshine year round
>The best beaches, on par with California, perhaps better
>Big beach/marine/surfing/snorkling culture
>Some amazing upscale neighborhoods
>Part Southern, part modern
>Attractive women
>Cheap cost of living

But there are major drawbacks

>The southern part of Florida is almost like another country in South America, Hispanics everywhere
>Crime is generally bad
>Miami used to be a great city but its gotten really shitty
>Large senior population in the state, only will get bigger with boomers
>Mediocre job market

If you can find a nice job that pays well and you can afford to live in one of the better neighborhoods around Tampa or Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, etc, I would say go for it. But there are big stark contrasts between the better neighborhoods and the bad ones.

Also "Global warming" meme, "Climate change" meme, you gullible idios really believe that shit? LMAO. It doesnt exist faggots. It's purely a myth made up by your dear leaders in government for more of your taxs

This man is 100 percent accurate.

I have a love gate relationship with Florida. On the one hand they have perfect beach weather. If you have alot of money you could get your own house on the water, you're own boat and a wife that will make sure to take care of herself and will grow into a nice milf.

But on the other hand, half of the state is either really old or backwards hicks. South part has been invaded and taken over by Cubans. I have relatives down there and they joke that everyone is dumbed down from the heat.

I love waffle house though