Why would God have a son?

Why would God have a son?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ig8P2KGEoao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It makes no sense akhi, we have figured that out over a thousand years ago. Convert to Islam the real faith of the one true God

no

The more pressing question is why did God have two sons.

"Son" is a metaphorical and easy-to-understand for human mind term for the fullness of God's positive attributes which come from total darkness of His unknownable and negative depth of Over-being (aka Father).

God the Father is kabalistic Ein Sof, Son is the Tree of Sephirot
God the Father is Giver of Law, Son is the Torah
There is nothing in Son that wasn't in Father "before" (not in time but in causality). In other words, Son is a manifestation of Father, but not as if Son wasn't real or was just a mask - Son is real and Father is real, but Son comes from Father as His image which is manifested so that a world can know Him

Deuteronomy 14:1:
"You are the children of the LORD your God."
Some are just more snow flaky than others.

I don't know, I'm Orthodox. God is existentially three, that is all we know. God the Father is existentially (but not essentially) the father of God the Son.

God is the totality of existence.
Man's nature is divine.
Man can become fully aware of his divinity.
This is known as the Son of God.
The Son is both one with God (being God, before Abraham was, I AM) and less than God (The Father is greater than I).

Jesus was an ordinary sage who meditated and achieved permanent union with the Godhead, mythically known to Hindus as liberation.

By having his soul achieve permanent union with the Godhead, he gained access to the Father's Will, and read the Divine Mind of God.

The Son does not exist to incarnate.

Heresy and rubbish, the Aspostles never taught this

nobody says so there

It's perennial philosophy.
Makes more sense than a virgin birth and walking around like a man as God the whole time, who has the holy spirit poured upon him in the desert.

I think evidence for God is strong, and Jesus Christ's message is entirely rational and brilliant. I don't believe in questionable things though when there are explanations that make more sense. Even though it was considered heresy, why should I believe everything they taught when there are other reasonable explanations?

They could have made up his divine birth so people would believe in him, but their concept of God doesn't seem to add up to me.

>I
>I
>I
am irrelevant. Your ideas were not taught by the Apostles

They never taught the Trinity either.

"You shall have one teacher, the Christ."

They taught Christ made all things that were made

Jersus lies and so does his father.

Stand in opposition to him, worship Abraxas.

Whose teachings were entrusted to the Apostles for propagation

Jesus said this

According to your torturous interpretation, an interpretation formulated 2,000 years later and in conflict with understanding of those who lived with, and followed, him for years and were personally trained to pass on his teachings.

Why not?

Jesus is God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Galatians 3:26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

We are all God's children, and after God judges us worthy of Heaven (which is more a state of being than a place), we will mature into fully grown Gods. Remember anons, sealed on earth, sealed in the heavens. As above, so below.

Also, Jesus was a mod.

Because he is God? He can do whatever He wants, who are you tell Him otherwise

Because humans need their gods to be humanlike

So he could sacrifice him to appease himself.

just detonate yourself, ugly scum

>not in time but in causality
&Humanities strikes again!

Allah is only one god and Muhammed is his prophet.

>Makes more sense
> I don't believe in questionable things though when there are explanations that make more sense
>...why should I believe everything they taught when there are other reasonable explanations?
Take it to the next level, user

*gentle tip*

shall we then?

Why would God have a wife's son?

Because blood magic.

At the time magic was thought real and was thought to only be performable through blood sacrifice. The more precious the thing sacrificed the greater the ability of the magic, sacrificing your best lamb for example. The same basic idea is why jews cut off the tips of their dicks and why Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son and why blood marks doors on passover and why central americans built giant pyramids to kill people on and why witches were accused of kidnapping and killing babies to give their blood to satan. Blood magic.

For the ultimate magic spell to be performed (god's promise kept) it logically had to involve the ultimate blood sacrifice. So the sacrificial object couldn't be an animal because that was too shitty, it had to be a human, the most perfect human, and hence a wholly divine man without sin made of god. So he exists because he needs to be sacrificed for blood magic, and that's why he's referred to as the lamb of god. And he needs to be both divine and flesh for that sacrifice to occur, so that's why he's the son of god - he can't just be a man, but he can't just be god either because blood.

This

*saved*

That's almost as bad as this question

youtube.com/watch?v=ig8P2KGEoao