Has anyone ever been liquidated? What does it feel like? Share your stories

Has anyone ever been liquidated? What does it feel like? Share your stories.

I'm about to be. I'll tell you how it feels in a few.

>Has anyone ever been liquidated?
never
>What does it feel like?
terrible i assume
>Share your stories.
none to share, because i don't play with others' money

same here. ltc?

eth

Did you open a long after that crazy spike?

short about 3 hours ago.

Tbh, I liquidate every few hours or else it burns

oh shit my chart was frozen and now I see. Damn. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Dang, I usually panic sell under 25%. I don't have the balls to hold

Thank you senpai.

I'm trying out a new method. It worked in demo, now I need to real-world test. I'm twisting my own arm holding, it's burns.

Woke up one morning to find my maintenance down to 7% after a bad short got pumped hard
Still didnt get liquidated but I'm glad I was asleep at the time.

Got about 6 margin call emails within an hour from Polo
>maintenance is 26%
>maintenance is 29%
>maintenance is 22%
>maintenance is 7%
>maintenance is 27%

In hindsight that's chump change now but it was pretty stressful at the time. Ended up taking like a 0.5btc loss.

Now days it's all green, but that was a lesson that had to be learned.

Explain to me what liquidated means when it comes to exchanges

They throw you into a blender and turn it on.

Yes...

No, positions are not held when I'm not there. That's how $ disappears. It's still enjoyable to watch the margins being called when there's a bull run or a flash drop.

6000 dollars! That sucks dude. I hope you kept shorting because the price is much lower than that

I know your pain

>t. shorted litecoin

I built up like a 5k portfolio on kraken and lost it all one day when ETH crashed fucke fuck ETH dry in the ass

this thread is scary, i don't understand anything
t newcoiner

jesus fucking christ

Sweated on Bitshares earlier this month.

I was shorting it after that insane 100% gain. Was down 6.8BTC as it ended up bouncing back to its near ATH, or about 35% gain. Entry position was around 11000.

If it had gone up another 100% I would be rekted. I'm usually super cautious so that was enough to worry me.

Held through it, shorted more and more as it went up, bought back lower. Got my base total all the way up to 13000, ended up closing 1.8BTC up when it was around 10000.

i dont think that shit goes down dude, entire market wants to go up with bitcoin

kinda bullish on everything

what is your method though?

I'd recommend using heiken ashi candles + ichimoku indicators (though I don't think you'd like what they're showing on ETH/basically everything right now since you're short lol)

Also, right now I'm long on ETH from .116
Original entry point was .120 but been buying and selling to move the mark down.

Currently down 2.8BTC on 253ETH.
Feels bad, not ~that~ worried though.

Shorting is where someone borrows to sell something at market price with the belief that the value of the asset will go down so that the shorter may buy back in at a lower price. This is to make a percentage gain per asset, as it is cheaper. If the value goes up above initial buy in, the shorter then owes a percentage on each asset, and the entity that gave the loan may reclaim all assets the borrower has.

Thanks!

glhf

I closed and lost $30. Not bad.

My method is algorithmic based.

Method works, I just held on to long when the signal was there. Emotions got in the way though. Need to work on that, it's really hard to cut emotions though.

>it's really hard to cut emotions though
I don't know. Sometimes I fuck myself by saying no don't listen to your emotions. Whenever I say that shit to myself I'm actually just getting greedy and thinking I'm acting in a calculated way.

Do you catch yourself ever turning data around in your favor when in reality it's not?

For example, looking at a chart that you know is saying it'll go up. Yet you some how convince yourself it's not?

I'm not the only one r-right?

You mean like when I "called the top" on litecoin earlier? For sure. I might still make it out alive though.

Hopefully you do. Any resolution to preventing this kind of behavior?

I do best when I make a plan and stick with it. I fuck up when the plan isn't working out perfectly so I fomo or panic into altering it on the spot. Don't give in to fomo/panic but do trust your gut.

Wish there was a chat where serious people who margin could chat.

I miss when forums had dictator like mods and banned people for the dumbest shit. It was a pretty good system. Something like that for crypto would be nice. I'm not so impressed by bitcointalk but it's the closest thing.

Been to bitcointalk, it's much like this place imo.

Live chat like discord would be nice. You see them for pump n' dumps, but not like a private group of people.

I think being able to ask someone for their opinion on a margin call would change the game.

How long have you been trading?

I'm still very new. Only 6 months. Mixed results as expected.

You at least break even?

Yea but I think mostly due to some luck so far.

Just made it into the green with my ltc short.

What if the account that is liquidated doesn't have enough funds to pay back all of the lenders?