My bittrex account was hacked roughly 5 hours ago. The hacker robbed me of $10,000

My bittrex account was hacked roughly 5 hours ago. The hacker robbed me of $10,000.

I know I'm basically fucked, but is there anything I can do about this?

How to cope?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6lb9re/bittrex_account_just_got_hacked/
reddit.com/r/Antshares/comments/6lat2a/bittrex_account_just_got_hacked/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Day traders

:^)

Alcohol

Did you have 2FA? Was anything using your API key?

Hacked how?

did u have 2fa

That sucks.

Funny thing is, lads, the stupid Ukrainian fuck converted everything to Legends (LGD) and lost it all.

What a fucking meme.

this...please turn on 2fa if you are going to have any coins on an exchange

he traded all your stuff to his own account and withdrew it there, dummy.

Found your Reddit post reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6lb9re/bittrex_account_just_got_hacked/

how can he withdraw that much, daily limit is 1 btc for your basic account.

I've been telling people not to use buttrex at least for a month now. Let me guess - your 2FA didn't trigger, and they drained your account by trading vs a low volume coin? There is 10 page thread on biitcoin talk just about that.

Add him to the list of inexplicable bittrex account hacks. Where are they located anyway?

He didn't withdraw it, he sold everything into ETH and then lost 29 ETH on a Legendcoin trade.

Not my post, what the fuck... My account had $80 worth of ETH that had been bought with worthless Legendcoin. Similar to that guy.

So basically I cucked myself not having 2FA. This was a costly lesson in security.

it is now clear that you did not use 2FA. this means it is entirely your fault, and it is safe to laugh at you and your misfortune.

How long has your account had funds? Long enough for an admin to notice?

>Didn't have 2FA enabled

Asking for it.

Were you using your Bittrex password anywhere else? How were you storing that password? Did you recently install or use any crypto-related software?

is this you then?

reddit.com/r/Antshares/comments/6lat2a/bittrex_account_just_got_hacked/

Sorry for your loss

How the fuck did you compromise your login and password? Did you download any exe's of shitcoin wallets? Browsed crypto websites that could redirect you to a phishing version of Bittrex? Installed any crypto plugins on the browser?

I just don't get it how people lose accounts. Of course, 2FA can prevent stuff like this, but somehow they DID learn your login&password in the first place

bittrex admins are not stealing people's funds. this clown probably reuses his passwords and got one of his accounts hacked. LinkedIn was hacked and all the passwords that were used there are known, for example.

Fucking retard

I don't have a reddit account.

I don't know how this Ruskie cunt got my details. I don't do really use my computer that much these days, I've stopped playing vidya. Just browse Veeky Forums and normiebook. That's probably why I was so complacent about security, I can't remember the last time I've DLed an exe or visited a dodgy site.

Anyway I have 2 BTC stored on a Trezor. My bittrex was for trading alts. All my profit has vanished now, along with ~2.5k of my initial investment. I'm not devastated, I don't even feel like drinking alcohol, just feel numb & stupid. Nothing else to do but cope now.

2FA is your friend, don't forget to put it on.

thanks user. you inspired me to turn on 2fa.
also faggot we know thats your reddit post.

Glad I inspired you with my stupidity, but fuck your mother I don't browse reddit & did not hold antshit.

most banks do document storage for a small fee if you want to store the 2fa private keys safely

So your password for Bittrex, what else did you use that password for?

Don't feel too bad buddy.
Somebody came and kicked in my door and stole 140 lbs of weed from me. Then a couple of months later I got drunk, got in a fight and then was pulled over with 63k in my trunk leaving me with no money and facing multiple felony charges. The only assets I had were my mmj farm and my car. Soon after that I put myself in rehab at which point my girlfriend broke up with me and put all my shit in storage.
That was 18 months ago. Right now I'm sitting on over 130k in cash, new house, new girl about another 100lbs of weed to trim up.
I know exactly how you feel, just shake it off and get to work.

Thanks senpai

FU for dissing ants, faggot

What's 2fa yea I'm a faggot

>didnt have 2fa

dude...

two factor authentication

Your life is in shambles don't give any advice you fucking moron

Damn that's not even hard to decipher why am I such a nigger

So I went to the gym and feel a bit better. Evens, 0, I down some scotch. Odds I stay sober. Trips and I book a flight to Thailand and fuck ladyboys.

good for you man. just remember that at some point, we're all gonna die. so losing money isn't such a big concern.

You need to change all of your passwords on every site immediately

OP go to the corner and curl. That might help.
I've seen this thread so many times for so many days

Did you have 2FA enabled?

dude shut up you sell weed for a living.

Sort yourself oot.

hello there.

>Cryptocurrencies are the future!

>stores $10k on an exchange
>no 2fa

Jesus Christ, at least natural selection did it's work.

You don't deserve that money being so goddamn stupid

Have you ever joined any telegram pump groups?

We had a thread about this just 3 days ago. Bittrex accounts without 2FA getting "hacked" is an extremely common occurance and has been happening for months. Search "bittrex hack" on Veeky Forums archives or bitcointalk. The modus operandi is always the same: the attacker drains funds by selling them for another coin he presumably holds.

Such hacks don't happen on Poloniex, Liqui, Yobit. All signs point to a Bittrex inside job, likely an employee targeting accounts without 2FA, taking just enough to avoid suspicion.

DO NOT USE BITTREX WITHOUT 2FA.

Yeah, you didn't get hacked.. That's what they want you to think.