Was Saddam the last shot Arabs had at becoming something until it was shot down by the west?

Was Saddam the last shot Arabs had at becoming something until it was shot down by the west?

m8 what the fuck are you on

Nah. You have to go back to at least the 1500's or before the Turks arrived

>lazy oil rich gulf state reliant on slave labor and tourist economy to fuel itself and does not contribute to the world or work by itself whatsoever
>something

Lol anyone who thinks Saddam was a good or smart ruler by any means is an idiot, he stepped into power when Iraq was a 2nd world industrialising country and his decisions led to it becoming the Somalia-tier state it is presently.

He chimped out at every occasion and like Nazi Germany did everything he could to make his country an enemy of the world.

Pretty much, the jewification of the west is over, now they moved on to the mideast and the last remaining obstacle is Assad but he's winning and has russian support, the only way to get out of this shitty situation is to either take over russia with a coup or start ww3 which won't happen because china will side with russia and annex half of the fucking world

That desert shithole is going to collapse into nothingness the second the oil runs out. There is barely any human capital or culture in that entire country.

More like 1200s before the Mongolians annihilated the one good thing the Arabs managed to pull off.

Skyscrapers are a sign of economic downturn. It's useless bubble spending with no adequate demand.

Tourism

To rephrase your question OP, if you mean "Was baathism a superior alternative for the Arab race than Wahhabism?" of which the answer is yes.

He was the dying gasp of Nasserist secular Arab nationalism.

Not really. In an economic downturn, the less economically productive buildings become cheaper to buy.

The UAE has a diverse economy and is pretty much tax-less at the moment should there ever be any problem regarding oil they can introduce low taxes to boost their budget. Not that oil is going to run out or be replaced for the next 100 years anyway
this

I think Gadaffi had a better chance at that then Saddam ever did.

I think we are over with trying to implement Western ideologies into Middle East, it is a big failure and has done nothing but to destroy Arab societies. Perhaps that was the intent all along.

Not sure if its Western ideology but Saddam like the rest of the Baathist Party wanted a semi-secular pan/macro-Arab state that was built on the foundations of ultra-nationalism. I guess you could say the Baathist Party is the equivalent to an Islamic/Arabic Nazi regime.

You sure you meant to reply to me?

But yeah, I agree with your description of Baathist Party. But literally every other ideology has been a failure in MENA region. The latest is Pan-Islamism, which probably will win.

look at some freaking history.

skycrapper construction booms are always followed by a recession/depression.

Dubai is the perfect example.

Dubai is a fucking shithole unless you are a middle class emirati or better, or a rich foreigner.

>Skyscraper booms are followed by a recession
Dubai doesn't function like a normal country, its oil revenues will keep it afloat.
It's only a shithole if you're there for slave labour

They are less dependant on oil than Norway

How so?

And Iraq.

>t. Amerifat with no education

Literally the only reason Iraq and Syria are the way they are, and ISIS is rampaging around, is because of American meddling.

t. Assad

The last chance the ME had to become something more than a shithole was Anwar Sadat, and some of his own people killed him for stating that repeated , useless, and wasteful wars with Israel are futile.

>calling me someone with a doctorate
Thanks. Doesn't refute my observation.

Wahhabism - a 'return' to a strict puritanical view of how muslims should be

Baathism - as the name suggests, a cultural revival not strictly religious in nature.

Makes sense.

Saddam quite literally was a delusional retard though. He thought of himself as sme great Nebuchadnezzar and started a war with Iran only to fail at every one of his objectives. That was the beginning of the end for him- since it gave Kuwait the window to fuck with him and then the rest is history.

I heard a lot of stories about how rich ass Arabs from Saudi Arabi, UAE, Dubai, etc...do a lot of crazy shit both abroad and in their home countries. Especially when it comes to dealing with foreign workers or immigrants.

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

Sounds like Wahhabism is superior

Another question related to this, you are the leader of Britain in the 50' and somehow you know how everything will be, how could you have fixed everything before the middle East had become the mess that is today? Sorry for my bad English

You tell the US to fuck righto ff

>Amerifat
No try Iraqi living in this mess. If Saddam didn't chimp out, attack Iran and then Kuwait the US and the world wouldn't have had a problem with us.

Confirms the "not educated" bit.

Great rebuttal, resort to ad hominem instead of refuting my points :^ )

The fuck are you talking about?

The guy was propped up by the west and the east to cockblock Iran's influence. Unfortunately he and the rest of his Baathist cronies were incredibly retarded, killed their own people and bit the hand that fed them.

Granted, Sadaam never really had any control over his people, as he was essentially given governance over what was essentially three separate countries by the British, but he really didn't need to go full evil dictator.

Plus, he was a general shit disturber. Everyone hated him. It says a lot when both Israel and Gulf states say that he needs to be dealt with for general stability.

I won't cry any crocodile tears for this man's death.

Most people on this board can't argue for shit and instead resort to shitposting the moment you disagree with them, like an instant defense mechanism toward "dangerous thoughts". It's kinda sad and hilarious to witness at the same time.

>pan/macro-Arab state
>built on the foundations of ultra-nationalism

How do you reconcile these two opposing ideologies?

Norway has something to offer left when the oil ruins out. Dubai is nothing without oil money. It costs huge sums of money just to keep that place tolerable. Tourism will dry up once people realise they have to pay 5 times as much for a luxury resort as they do somewhere else.

Martin Walker and the CIA did nothing wrong.

>ISIS has no personal agency

You're the type of racist that thinks brown people can't think for themselves therefor everything they do is the consequence of a western nation's actions.

Service economy depends on neighbors that produce actual wealth.

Middle East is going to go to shit once the arabs run out of oil. They don't have it in them to set them selves up to be a factory for export. That would be actual work.

>mfw the state of the World Islands
every time

Yes.