80% of cryptocurrencys will not survive a downturn

investinghaven.com/reading-markets/10-investment-tips-cryptocurrencies-investing/

What does Veeky Forums think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4s7V9I7LVp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good thing everything I'm holding is amazing and will make me guaranteed rich without even thinking.

This is accepted as a fact. There is nothing to think about this.

I cant belive I didnt respond to my own thread!

:^)

That seems quite obvious. What is the intrinsic value of all these shit coins except speculation?

I can understand that a couple of new platforms have some value in them, but most of them are just pure speculative tools... If bitcoin falls to 1k.. about all of the coins outside the top 15 will simply die.

hes right, most coins will probably get shaken out as the best fall into useful specialties and the obvious crap stagnates or is left behind as a currency. i think the problem right now is theres too much hype about the money to be made instead of the actual technology, and youll start to see the truly good coins leave everything else in the dust price wise

I thought this was general knowledge. Look at old coinmarketcap rankings and you will see many burn fast and die young, it's the ones that have weathered storms in the past that will probably survive the next one.

Maybe only one major player will come out of it like Microsoft (OS field), Google (in the search engine field) and Facebook (in the social network field)

Does anyone here which cryptocurrency will become the major monopoly???

bitcoin

I think there will be at least 3 survivors:
BTC - wealth store
user coin (probably XMR) - illicit uses
I have no fucking idea - daily use currency

I heard that bitcoin has huge transaction and mining fees?? Will that have any effect in the future???

That will be fixed.
>daily use currency
There is literally no reason for this to exist. Yu are correct about BTC and XMR though. BTC is propped up by buying drugs online and XMR is great for laundering money. There are no problems that crypto fixes outside of these cases except maybe if XRP can get banks on board.

bitcoin has had those fees for the last 6 years.

Look at its performance over that time.

If your coins aren't in the top 20, then they're shitcoins.

That's being generous too. Couple of shitters in the top 20.

More than Bitcoin will survive... but too many of these coins do fuck all or are straight copies of BTC (value storage.. but faaaaster whoa)

The main advantage crypto offers over fiat for daily use is much lower transaction fees and near instant transactions.
If you have ever been left waiting for a paycheck to clear you know what I'm talking about.

Almost everyone but Americucks use bank transfer for payroll.

I'm American and mostly everyone I know does direct deposit.

There will be random coins no one talks about that will go to 1000x, while some mainstream coins will collapse.

This is exactly what happened in the dotcom bubble.

Also, Microsoft never really fully recovered from the dotcom boom until the last couple of years.

And how fast is that where you are? Here in Austland it still takes 6 hours to 2 days depending on what bank each account is with.

I use "paycheck" as a catch all term for wage and don't mean literal checks.

any alt-coin that doesn't have segwit is going to disappear.

trust me on this. I fucked a rothschild.

JP Morgan Chase does literal instant transfers.

Why would we take business advice from someone that fucked a Rothschild but was too stupid to knock them up?

Hybrids are sterile though.

Yeah that's cool Electronica but when are you finally going put out that album?

No. Fucking. Shit.

You newcoiners should read up on what happened back in '14. It was the EXACT same climate. New coins every fucking day, "people buying lambos", even some rudimentary ICOs, scam coins, and retards who were too late to the party.

Almost all of those coins are dead today. Same shit will happen again soon.

>has bitcoin
>has ANS / NEO
>is comfy

>crypto crashes
>market cleans itself and 95% of coins shitcoins are gone

is this supposed to be a bad thing?

I thought everyone knew this. Bitcoin and ETH are the end game. I trade shitcoins for quicker gains in order to acquire more bitcoins. I'm not holding shitcoins to have them in the future

sucks for all you bad investors I guess lmao

>massive list complaints from idiot investors sent to the SEC
>feds intervene

IMO all the coins in the current top 20 are too big to fail now

almost 1000 coins on coinmarketcap. So 200 coins will moon, sweet

Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum

Yahoo! was fine but they changed it to Yahoo and got rid of the yodeling and put some cunt in charge and dropped all functionality. Internet 1.0 was better than this shit we've got today.

youtube.com/watch?v=4s7V9I7LVp4

BTS should moon once people realize that traditional exchanges are a ticking time bomb too

Blocknet should moon once people want a true dex and not just coloured coins. Holding both though.

Eth will die.

you niggers are hilarious

we were saying this a year ago... now theres more shitcoins than ever

this "bubble" will keep on growing until the 2020s

BAY will survive.
Silkroad 3.0

Ethereum sounds cool. Therefore it will survive. Trust me. I'm a Foreman

Why is bitcoin's value so dependent on the value of other coins?

I'm not sure how you did it but you got it entirely backwards.