What is the first step in understanding Veeky Forums...

What is the first step in understanding Veeky Forums? I have never been here before but being NEET since my post Highschool days and not being able to even get hired at McDonalds is pissing me off. I know nothing about Veeky Forums, the extent of what I've heard is that you guys basically purchase things at a low price and sell them later when they are at a higher price thus making a profit and you rinse and repeat. I'm not expecting to be a millionaire by sitting at my PC all day, but I would like it if someone could point me in the right direction to learn about business and the actual legit ways to make money from home that aren't get rich quick schemes. Any books, ebooks, PDF's, video lectures, etc, would be a big help.

:^) Veeky Forums is a great place to start!

1) buy ANS
2) shit post all day
3) when ANS moons, buy bitcoin
4) shit post all day
5) when bitcoin becomes worth 1 million each, you win.

Why is everyone trying to apply McDonalds? That's probably that last place you should try.

lol wrong place to try to make money. What skills do you have? can you wait tables?

It's just the example everyone uses for a low tier job for whatever reason.

do you even have the required 2500 starting funds?
this isnt may anymore

Veeky Forums right now is literally just cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. There is lots of money to make in cryptos though. Take a look at coinmarketcap. It shows you how much each coin has been going up or down in value over time. Many coins "moon" to an extent at some point, meaning they dramatically increase in value quickly. They can lose value just as quickly. Read up on cryptos, hold your coins in wallets like coinbase, and trade bitcoin for other coins on sites like Bittrex. Buy low, sell high.

Not op but this was really helpful. Thank you. Nice quads. The user before you said $2500 is the starting point, could it be more like $4-500? I figured when I get my first week wages at my wage slave job I can invest.

What skills do you have?
None. I'm good at guitar but probably nearly forgot everything about reading musical notation, I don't play nearly at all anymore either and rarely just sit down and listen to any music anymore. My meme skill is I'm a renaissance man at many video game genres.

can you wait tables?
If I put my mind in the right place and pumped myself up and summoned some courage and after 10,000 tries applying actually got hired to wait tables I'm sure I could stick with it, but my main worry is how I'd fare with the normies I'd be working with and how I might get stuck inside my own head a lot and get anxiety over stupid things because I fear making mistakes and fear what people might think of me as a person when I let my guard down.

best advice on biz quads have spoken

Buy low, sell high, it is that easy. However, this takes a lot of patience.
I've tried multiple 'methods' that you can find online. Some succeeded, some didn't. But the one thing they all had in common is that you have to have patience.
Most people start, and they expect results from day one. It just doesn't work that way.

stop being a pussy and let your social skills be developed by trial and error. You don't need to be best friends with your coworkers you just want to find something that pays the bills. this crypo thing is cool and could have some potential but only if you have money to burn. Since you're out of a job better not make highly risky speculative investments atm. Do you have friends or family that can hook you up with a job?

First you need a job, can't make money with out money.

If you live in America waiting tables is probably the best entry level no skills thing you can do. Super flexible schedule, can pick up lots of shifts, get paid everyday, discounts on food and even free food, and don't have to report your cash tips so you don't get dicked down by the tax man.

Then find your niche. I flip cars on the side. I don't even fix them or anything. I show up with cash and lowball desirable cars. Then I clean up and and sell them for more.
It's not a business yet but good side money. So find your niche.

Then focus on a career. You'll have to be a wagecuck before you can escape it. If your niche becomes your career then perfect.

I joined the Army, did 4 years they're paying for my school and I work for the government full time now. I save my shekels and when I'm 39 I can retire and my retirement will fund my business endeavors after.

Starting to get into real estate right now, as I have a wise mentor

There's two approaches you could take with that amount. 1. Make frequent short-term trades and slowly build up to a better pool of money you can invest. 2. Invest it all im 1 or 2 of the top coins (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin), check on it once every few months, and withdraw it years later for hopefully large gains.

A few more tidbits:
Blockfolio android app helps keep track of your investments
Exchanges like Bittrex let you place stop-loss orders. Since cryptos are so volatile, it's a good idea to set it to sell automatically if the value dips below 95% of the price you bought it at.
Many biz threads are salty anons who lost money on a particular coin, shilling them so people will buy their bags.
Crytposignal on quora is a dude I follow that usually gives good advice

I don't have anyone that can hook me up with a job, the latest thing is that my mom recently told me that she'd help pay for some kind of trade school as long as it's not too pricey, she was suggesting that I maybe try to become a phlebotomist because the schooling is short and cheap even though you don't make much if you actually get a job. I don't know though, there's so many trajectories and paths yet all of the simple, "no pre-requisites except GED or diploma" type jobs I've applied for locally have yielded no results for me. I've applied / reapplied to places locally over the past 2 years maybe 30-40 times online and/or in person and got nothing. My aunt hooked me up once and I worked one 8 hour shift at a sketchy local company warehouse job from 10pm to 6am that wreaked havoc on my frail, out of shape body and I quit and got depressed for being so weak and I didn't even accept the $80 pay and insisted they keep it because I felt like I wasted their time and that I didn't deserve the pay. I've used family members as references at places they worked at in the past but still have gotten nothing so far.

get in shape and try to get a job as a dishwasher. you don't have any work experience it sounds like. jesus dude you'll feel better when you take care of yourself

why the fuck are you guys helping this newfag? its an unspoken rule to never tell the truth to new people, let them suffer

they missed the boat, its over

Have you ever asked yourself, why?

Read everything backwords and if you find a coin not talked about here that other people speak highly of and it has good tech then it's probably good.

>I didn't even accept the $80 pay and insisted they keep it because I felt like I wasted their time
That's the most cucked thing I've ever heard. You should have taken it because all companies will fuck you over once. Don't feel bad. Also $80 x 20 = $1600 per four weeks/month. You could invest some of that earned money and perhaps make a little more.
OP I think you have some serious psych issues, better go see a doctor.

I would agree with you but the person who handled getting me the job is a friend of my Aunt who let her know she had the job in the first place and I felt bad telling her I was ready to start immediately and then after one day quit. If it was some random hiring with no connection I would have taken the money.

Rather than trying to make anything dealing in shitcoins and hoping you luck out on one mooning, do you think the best thing would just to stick £1000 each on Bit/eth/lite and forget about them, and just check in next year and hope they've continued their growth?

Buy low sell high.

Dear OP,

You are clearly a young person who is still trying to find his way in this world. It is a time full of questions, uncertainty and (self-)doubt. I have been there too. Heck, I only just 'got out'. Start working out, start caring about your body and yourself. Swimming thrice a week, along with a short daily workout, did the trick for me. You deserve to take some time for 'bettering' yourself.

I also advice talking to someone. There are a lot of people out there going through 'the same thing' (same same, but different). I participated in a talk-circle once a month. We really bonded as a group and became genuine friends. Mental health is as important as physical health.

Take any job you can get. Get some cash flow. A cash flow + your Veeky Forums body will help you finding your power, your manhood.
Don't be ashamed of who you are (becoming).

Kind regards,

user

Thanks again mate. I think I will save my money and do both of your option. I hope there's a blockfolio type app on iOS

unironically the best advice in this thread

this sounds like something my father told me when i was 18 and depressed and it helped alot.

Mowing lawns? Walking dogs? Farm hand? Fucking airtasker? While doing nothing there's going to be too much information that is meaningless to you, any starting point will make a big difference in developing your mindset. Don't just bounce around and give up on shit either, whatever you pick there'll be some big dog who made millions off it, force yourself to force it to work until you find something you can start ahead of where you were at on. Don't fall for the daytrading meme either, if you can make it there you can do a hell of a lot better elsewhere.

YOU THERE! START A ROTH IRA! JUST IN CASE SHIT DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED YOU CAN STILL BE OLD COMFORTABLY!!

Or if you're feeling lucky, you can try cryptogains.

If you want a bit safer investing, do stocks with Robinhood to start, then move to a paid service like Ameritrade or something recommended by a fellow Veeky Forumsnessman.

What a prick.

What's good about Ameritrade?

I'm currently a newfag here using Robinhood. It's working well for me so far. I've heard things about Robinhood's prices not updating quickly or whatever, but I use external sources for my numbers most of the time.

1. Ignore anything here about buying or selling stocks or cryptocoins. It's close to gambling.

2. Learn a skill. Try programming maybe.

3. I can't even be bothered to finish this list. But running a business/working from home is hard.

I agree. But your first point should be something like

1. View cryptocurrency as a gambling where you have the house advantage. You can analyse the graphs and read everything about the coin to gain an """advantage"" but at the end of the day you're taking a leap of faith with your money. Only put as much money into cryptocurrency as you can afford to lose

I agree about the ignoring Veeky Forums part, I, as well as 90% of people here are trying to shill their coins

Damn I want to play Persona 5 so much but I'm poor as fuck, all my alt crashed, I don't have a PS4 and my PS3 died. Can a sonybro send me some bitcoin pls
12nKmKAw6VV7btE5Baow5yhgWFPWTtCMyF