We all love Band of Brothers, The Pacific, flags of our fathers, saving private ryan... but what about the other side...

We all love Band of Brothers, The Pacific, flags of our fathers, saving private ryan... but what about the other side? We sometimes get hints of what it was like for the axis side during WW2 like in letters from iwo Jim's, which I thought came out, very splendidly. However we never get large movies or good films about the German side of the war. They don't even have to speak German or has to be completely accurate. I just would like to see some modern depictions of what it was like for the German soldier to fight in Russia against the soviets. In Italyour, the Balkans, Spain, France. Not even storm fag, but honestly I'm bored of the Allied side of the story we all know who wins, I want to see the German and Italian side, the Japanese side, with a similar way in which the Band of Brothers was put together.

>Is it because Germanys no tolerance for anything remotely pro Nazi? Or is it because of Jewish Hollywood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VVRq_lnuC_g
youtube.com/watch?v=o0acYq43vcM
imdb.com/help/show_leaf?titletypes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniseries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unsere mutter unsere vater

Letters from Iwo Jima

>something about victors and writing history books

On Veeky Forums, if you want to try to be compassionate with the Germans, then you're gonna be told to go back to /pol/. Also, there is a reason that no Hollywood blockbuster has shown the Germans as the good guys because it goes against their regiment.

youtu.be/VVRq_lnuC_g

They wouldn't really have to make them look like the good guys, more or less just make them out to be what they were. It's not likeven every single German soldier was a Nazi supporter. Just as not every single person who serves today sides with their leader.

Many were conscripts too, if anything it could be a movie about how bad the German soldiers hated Hitler and hated fighting the war, but instead fought for eachother

Unbelievably shit.

Expected Germo Band of Brothers.
Got melodramatic shit.

Although it was fun seeing Poland deny having anti-semitic sentiments during the time.

>No good movie from the krauts POV.
I'll take Stalingrad (1993) for 500, Alex.

Well it wasn't BoB but I wouldn't call it shit.

The closest I can think of was in Inglorious bastards when the German said he got his medal for bravery. Not even memeing here either but in the movie Patton, they showed the Germans to be formidable and tough.

Cross of Iron. Excellent film. 1970s.

James Coburn as a grizzled old Feldwebel in the Crimea '43. Simply epic.

Thanks user, I'll check it out

Das Boot bitch. Also Band of Brothers, the Pacific, Flags of Our Fathers, and Saving Private Ryan are all trash films. They're bad movies and bad history.

Shit show

If it had more and better battle scenes and didn't have the stupid holocaust subplot it'd be better

Also
>Le ebul SS Comic book villain caricature who likes executing kids

>We defiantly never killed any Jews, it was all the SS and those filthy Ukrainians.

youtube.com/watch?v=o0acYq43vcM

>Band of Brothers
>Film
Shows what you know

>It's not likeven every single German soldier was a Nazi supporter. Just as not every single person who serves today sides with their leader.
>It's not likeven every single German soldier was a Nazi supporter.
Why does it fucking MATTER if they were or not?

>Le German soldiers weren't Nazis and hated Hitler meme
Meme. Most German people liked Hitler or were indifferent towards him. It was only towards the end that widespread disillusion started to form as they realized that he was an autist who had no idea what he was doing.

>Stalingrad
>Das Boot
>Generation War
>As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me
>Cross of Iron
>Downfall

Land of Mine is pretty good.
It's about teenaged German POW's in Denmark right after the end of WWII that are being forced to clear the beeches of bombs and mines. It's a pretty accurate representation of what happened as well.

>Ten-hour long sequence of images and sound
>"is film"
>*put it on a small screen in your living room and break it into ten hour-long pieces*
>"this is no longer film"

>1 hour+ long movie about clearing mines
Seen it, it's boring.

>It's not like even every single German soldier was a Nazi supporter.

>"Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen."

>The Wehrmacht Oath of Loyalty to Adolf Hitler, 2 August 1934

>"I swear to God this sacred oath that to the Leader of the German Empire and people, Adolf Hitler, supreme commander of the armed forces, I shall render unconditional obedience and that as a brave soldier I shall at all times be prepared to give my life for this oath."

letters from iwo jima was absolutely based

That's like saying every Australian soldier is a monarchist because of the Oath of Allegiance.

Samefag here
Thanks. Real T 34s in there too.

Filmed in Yugoslavia. Tito screwing with the Soviets letting Hollywood in to play with tanks.

yeah thats called a tv show, autismo.

There's not anything in there about being a Nazi

This is how dumb prestige TV has made people. A film, with a narrative, and characters, a beg, a beginning, and end isn't a 'TV show' regardless of whether it's on a television.

Better than Flags of our Fathers.

band of brothers was shit tho

>select all images with an oven

why are you posting these

this. I didn't like Flags of our Fathers either, mostly just by the casting choices,

but anyway I think the axis powers have been so vilified at this point it'd be pretty damn tough. I remember the controversy when letters from iwo jima came out and all the old fuds couldn't understand how their hero Clint Eastwood could "betray" 'merica like that.

>but what about the other side?

but those are literally south vietnamese troops fighting with the Americans. Hardly "the other side"

Also it's foolish to think that the Germans were the only ones who did that

Making a movie about Germans being despicable assholes would be un-watchable and not completely historically accurate and watching a movie about Germans being complete angels or able to be sympathized with could easily be seen as trying to defend the nazis which is a pretty big no-no in society today

Also, ya know, if this place is asking "why isn't there anything about the Germans being good?" that's probably a telling sign

>I think the axis powers have been so vilified at this point it'd be pretty damn tough.
My guess is that the further back in time WW2 becomes, the less of a PR tool it's gonna be and the GOOD GUYS VS THE EVIL AXIS OF HELL reductionism is going to be represented less in art.
tl:dr the less relevant the war is in contemporary politics and national identity, the less biased are the representations of it.

Letters From Iwo Jima > Generation War > The Pacific > Band of Brothers >>>>>>>>Saving Private Ryan

Downfall was more fair, but Stalingrad (93) wasn't very good, and neither was the acting.

>he want all movies to be action-packed Michael Bay-esq block busters
Are you a child?

Are you the same guy who commented against me recommending Unser mutter, unsere vater on that History Buffs video?

Wouldn't say "based" but certainly stretched as many movies about ww2 and others are in Hollywood. My point is that, why not base a movie about some group of Germans that were in all the good battles but still weren't total naxos. Just a group of regular dudes pulled into war and doing what they can to survive.

No offense user, but what exactly do you think the SS did?

Exactly. Jewish Hollywood wouldn't allow it, and modern society would resent it.

I find it funny though that in video games we can play Germans and stuff but godforbid we have them in a film.

Personally once the boomers die off WW2 wiLloyd open up to the side of the axis regardless of how many Chinese were raped by the Japanese and how many Jews were burned by the nazis.

We already see ww1 openin up to the public now that most are aware the Germany dindunuffin as bad as France in ww1 where as before Germany was all to blame.

>Swearing an oath to the supreme leader of the nazi party that states that you will be obedient to any order of the Nazi party isn't being a nazi

Actually, Band of Brothers is a miniseries, which is a TV show with a specific, limited number of episodes. Yes, if you want to be a faggot, a TV show falls under the category of "film", but Band of Brothers is a considered a miniseries, an form of TV series, because it was made specifically for broadcast on a television.

imdb.com/help/show_leaf?titletypes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniseries

Why do you autists even care? A show's a show, whether it be TV or film, and it should be based on it's quality, not on the format it's on. That would be akin to calling a painting trash because it wasn't a sculpture.

>hurr you were forced to take a mandatory oath as a condition of your enlistment every one who did it actually believed in and took it seriously
I guess every single servicemen in the US military current or former really does give a fuck about the Constitution too.

Stalingrad had it's good scene

I love this one, the scale of this scene is great

I don't remember this scene from Stalingrad

Maybe you should watch some Japanese films man. They have tons of films of being the losing side for a hopeless situation.

The Japanese make tons of films about WW2.

this is 93 one

not 2013 just saying

this is before Stalingrad, when they go from Italy to the eastern front

Shit show; based friedhelm who gave no shits even when he should have

>it ain't me starts playing

Oh and this one.

history education in western countries are tragic

>we all love American movies that focus on the Americans and Americans only and are not very historically accurate, like putting Americans in charge of delivery boats when it was the British driving all of them
Nope just burgers
Downfall is Nazis done right

In England it's good

We already see ww1 openin up to the public now that most are aware the Germany dindunuffin as bad as France in ww1 where as before Germany was all to blame.
Is this the sort of fucktarded meme that neonazis push when they are too cucked to admit their political opinion?

Forgot my quote arrow

Stalingrad shows both sides but you're a fucking millenial so you only heard about the most normie of war movies.

They are too concerned goyim will find truth if they make what you request.