So, other than the obvious BLACKING of historical figures...

So, other than the obvious BLACKING of historical figures, is he a net positive for making history accessible and "cool" to younger demographics that otherwise wouldn't have given a shit?

No, increasing the public's interest in something isn't an inherently good thing.

No, I have theatorfag friends that love Hamilton but are completely retarded and uninterested in the actual history behind it. They like it because its catchy and (((diverse))).

Niggu Hamilton was good

>mfw someone tells me that pro-central bank propaganda is good because it has a multiracial cast

>So, other than the obvious BLACKING of historical

No, it's not good. If you aren't gonna get the truth, you'll just end up eating propaganda. The vast majority of people aren't going to dig deeper if a "fact" or "source" seems slightly suspect. For example, people who read buzzfeed, huffpost, and vice articles.

Better to be totally ignorant than know lies.

Props to John Adams for portraying Hamilton for the psycho he was

Musical theater is the lowest form of theater, desu. I say this as someone who has performed in almost a dozen musicals. I love singing along to showtunes as much as anyone but let's not let Broadway meme mislead us into thinking that musical theater isn't a debasement of the Western artistic tradition.

care to poast a clip?

>Using a persons view of their worst enemy as a reliable interpretation of the the person in question

WEW
FUCKING
LAD

Woh harsh reviews on Mr. Hamilton! As a history student, i personally love to see stiff like Miranda's work getting out because it's so... I dint know if provocative is the right word for this context, but it's the one that comes to mind. Hamilton isn't perfectly historically accurate, but it's different, and in a world where history is parroted from televisions and textbooks until it's all a uniform shade of bland, I like people bringing drama back to the books. History 8snt supposed to be a list of dates, it's supposed to be a soap opera which both destroys your faith in humanity and gives you hope simultaneously.
In my opinion, Miranda did this.

>HBO's John Adams was informed only by John Adams' actual opinions
Eh. Maybe you're just dumb but this was probably b8.

Honestly, it's ultimately detrimental to Black people too. It's just liberal hero-worship of a slaveowning elitist, conveniently covered from criticism by way of ~~~*WACKY*~~~ casting. Miranda is God's perfect idiot.

>As a history student,
>History 8snt supposed to be a list of dates, it's supposed to be a soap opera which both destroys your faith in humanity and gives you hope simultaneously.
Are you doing all your readings?

I remember watching Lin Manuel talking about Hamilton not only about Hamilton's life but also using it as allegory for immigrants in the states in general, like his parents(because Alexander was born in the west indies). So I mean, the anons here might shitpost about it being BLACKED but it's not like I don't understand why he did it, dumb as it is from a historical standpoint

Musical still bad though, only got like 2 good songs

Still haven't seen it or listened to most of the songs, but Miranda is a cool dude. He's dropped references to the MBMBaM podcast in basically everything he's done, which I enjoy. The musical is using history as a vehicle to entertain. If it causes people to study more, awesome. If it doesn't, they probably wouldn't have looked into it anyway. Repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax.

>Repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax.

>implying DA FED isnt the strongest instrument of US Imperialism.

Fuck you for making me sing that.

Hell no. He's the Big Bazinga Theory of history.
Don't call that rap drivel theatre.

Weill and Gershwin were the last good musical composers.

No because he didnt. Only boy oriented entertainment can get people into history. Thats why Saving Private Ryan and Medal of Honor got everyone interested in WW2.

This stuff is for women, fags, and normies. All brain dead plebs who give less than a shit about anything other than E Channel news and celebrity gossip. Best case scenario, they watch some E-coverage of it that makes one little mention of some interesting little tid bit of history and thats it. In fact, it does worse because while I have no proof of it, I guarantee a bunch of women showed this shit to their students in history class, or at least based a lesson plan off of it.

is that why WW2 history is so ridiculously filled with normies?

>I have no proof of it
>I-I bet that this still happened, though! Just believe me guys!

why would you assert this claim? don't be stupid

>inference based on common sense isn't an argument
No comment.

This. I noticed a lot of women comment on john greene videos saying similar things, so its not that much of a leap to guess that they would do the same with this easily digestible for normies shit.

Female here, I can't argue that perhaps it's for women, but I can tell you that as fictional as the musical is, is nice to know that an bastard, inmigrant, that also happens to be poor made it so far driven by his brain. It gives me hope that someday I can make a difference, as cheesy as it sounds

Do you think that this play is the reason they moved to replace Jackson instead of Hamilton on the U.S. currency?

What the fuck is this post

To be totally fair, Jackson hated the idea of a central bank, so his face being on currency printed by said central bank is kind of an insult.

I am glad they removed Jackson, but not because he was a racist or whatever reason they gave. He wouldn't have wanted to be on fiat currency.

I agree with you, and I'd probably prefer him removed, though with the added consideration that he was so controversial.

However, I don't think anyone would have raised near as much a fuss about Hamilton's consideration if this musical never came out.