Do you have a favorite current cardinal, Veeky Forums?

Do you have a favorite current cardinal, Veeky Forums?

I like Cardinal Muller.

Also I guess this can be a thread to talk about Church politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

theaustralian.com.au/business/wall-street-journal/dont-deal-with-china-top-cleric-warns-pope-about-power-sharing/news-story/c32ef46fe21d6c5144cb69bfd2b50677
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>favorite child molesting professional liar

What do you think about letting faux commie/state nationalism stand as """"catholic""" churches.
theaustralian.com.au/business/wall-street-journal/dont-deal-with-china-top-cleric-warns-pope-about-power-sharing/news-story/c32ef46fe21d6c5144cb69bfd2b50677

I barely know Individual popes because every nigga is like paul john benedict alexander or some shit, what makes you think I should know cardinals?

this thread isn't for you, dumb dubbies

I don't like Muller, because, even though I don't think he has taught anything heretical, he has caused unnecessary scandal in the church with his ambiguous statements that lend them self to misinterpretation. Give me Cdl. Burke anyday.

It's a mistake. That's what I feel as a faithful Catholic.

I understand what Francis is going for. He's tired of the Church in China being under the boot of the CCP. He wants something more official, for Rome's sake and for the sake of the believers.

But I don't like China's state churches. Moreover, I don't like the idea of the Vatican granting any authority to the government for the appointment of bishops. I believe Francis should stand firm, and that God will prevail over China as he has prevailed over other nations in the past. I think Rome shouldn't blink and should bide its time until something in Beijing cracks.

Muller is the head of the Inquisition. It's his job to be intricate with doctrine. When he's needed to be clear, he has been.

I do like Burke, though. I like how unafraid he is of the Medieval and Renaissance inheritance of the Church. Vatican II didn't banish all of that, despite what some (like fucking Kasper) may say.

So based

The Power of Silence just came in the mail today

This man will lead the reconquista

this cardinal Sarah is fucking great.

I'm here to bump the thread and also ask what is essential encyclical reading. Who's your favourite pope?

Seconding Burke

>This edge

>
For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago. Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences. Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere. General discussions about international culture should go on /int/.

>& humanities

None because I'm going Orthodox.

Welcome

Marx, hands down

during the recent Papal elections, all of New York was buzzing with rumors that /our guy/ the based Cardinal Timothy Dolan, was in the running for Pope.

>tfw no bro-tier Irish pope

He actually would make a good Pope, he's very diplomatic

Do you think that a theocracy would be possible in this day and age and if so where?

Iran is pretty alright, as Middle Eastern nations go.

A christian one obviously but you already know that

Looking forward to it.

God be with you Cardinal Sarah!

God be with you, Cardinal Sarah.

I don't think a theocracy in the traditional sense of having a nation ran by clergy will come about again in a Christian nation, but I could see something like a democracy that's got a religious legal section to influence law would be possible. Everything would still be ran by laymen, but certain decisions would pass through a tribunal to determine if a law held moral grounds in line with religious teaching.

Of course, that'd probably eventually result in the religious arm of the government falling to corruption and using their weight to block or press laws they don't agree with though. I could see a religious section say they refuse to pass any law that doesn't benefit the poor or something similar because when taken at face value, it seems to be a detriment to their well being. I guess it'd have to be limited to very specific social issues only, or perhaps be responsible for a vague outline of policies and instead judge the progress of the main body of government at how well they have stuck to those policies and instead rely on agitating the people if things get too far off the mark.