Who was Amelia Bassano?

What did she do, and does this match what we are taught in school?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Crystal1Johnson/status/856274911547072514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Emilia Lanier (1569–1645), also spelled Lanyer, was the first Englishwoman to assert herself as a professional poet through her single volume of poems, Salve Deus Rex Judaeorum (1611).[1] Born Aemilia Bassano and part of the Lanier family, she was a member of the minor gentry through her father's appointment as a royal musician, and was apparently educated in the household by Susan Bertie, Countess of Kent.

Church records show that Lanier was baptised Aemilia Bassano at the parish church of St. Botolph, Bishopsgate, on 27 January 1569. Her father, Baptiste Bassano, was a Venice-born musician at the court of Elizabeth I. Her mother was Margret Johnson (born ca. 1545–1550), possibly the aunt of court composer Robert Johnson. Lanier also had a sister, Angela Bassano, who married Joseph Hollande in 1576. There were also brothers Lewes and Phillip, both of whom died before they reached adulthood.[2] It has been suggested that Lanier's family were Jewish or of partial Jewish ancestry, though this is disputed. Susanne Woods says that evidence for Lanier's Jewish heritage is "circumstantial but cumulatively possible".[3] Leeds Barroll says she was "probably a Jew", her baptism being "part of the vexed context of Jewish assimilation in Tudor England".[4]

At the age of 42, in 1611, she published the collection of poetry Salve Deus Rex Judaeorum (Hail, God, King of the Jews). At the time that she published her book, it was extremely unusual for an Englishwoman to publish and to do so as an attempt at making a living was even more unusual. Emilia was only the fourth British woman to publish a book of original poetry.

There's no real evidence that Shakespeare didn't write his own plays.

TO WUZ OR NOT TO WUZ

>people actually liked this

A lovely bit of bullshit that academic agitators and militants like to throw at each other as bait.

Kek

Newsflash, you don't actually need to be able to write to tell stories. If you want them written down you can always hire someone who can

Well that photo is wrong
But read my book Shakespeare's Dark Lady 2014

You're racist

I have pictures of him not writing them.

underrated post

kek x2

To wuz or not to wuz- that be the question:
Whether a nigga think it better to put up with
The slings and arrows of whitey's shit
Or to take arms against a sea of crackas,
And by opposing cap them.

That's true but Shakespear was well educated. The grammar school he attended is still standing in his home town.

You stole this from /tv/

Bottle up the autism pls

You probably started this thread and then posted the re-post just to get (You)s seeing as how the /tv/ one was deleted.

No, that's all I've said ITT. Keep it together.

I don't believe you.

>stole this from /tv/
Every new trend or meme on this site comes from /tv/.

Probably the autism. You should really have a supervisor.

POOP

HAHAHA I FUCKING SHIT OUT OF MY FUCKING ASS BPRLBRLBRLPPPPPPPPP TORRENTIAL SPEW of pure absolute SHIT! HAOHAHOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPYYFARTFARTYFARTFARTUMARUUNNNNNNNNNNPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPISS! PISSS PISS PISS UNRINATION ON MY FUCKING COCK YOU DIRTY WHORE MMMMMMMMMMM YES QUITE SO INDEED~ URAAAAAAA MAKE ME YOU'RE HUMAN TOILET FOR THE LOV OF GOTT PFLPLFPLFPBPLBPFRPRPRPRPRP IM A VIRGIN AND IM YOUNG TOO THATS THE BEST BLOOD U CAN GET ! VIRGIN BLOOD! VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVPISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSBRPBPARPPB RAPBRAPBRAP

That was me

Testing

The OP is right. No one in this thread has or can debunk it.

>27K Retweets
>33K Favorites

I looked it up how the fuck is this real

OPs pic is fake

>Amelia (((Bassano)))

she was a crypto-kike

twitter.com/Crystal1Johnson/status/856274911547072514

no it's not. it's got even more now

That's an Italian surname.