China and the Uighurs

My local newspaper just did a story on chinese jihadists fighting like lions for ISIS in Syria and Iraq and got me interested.

What can you tell me about the eastern Chinese provinces, the ones with a Turkic Muslim people?
Whats their history, how did they end up in China (and not their own *stan state like the Russian Empire did), how were they treated during the communist reforms and so on.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_conflict
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some facts to get us up to date:

>Xinjiang province is 20% of China
>about 20 million people live there
>Uighurs (pronounced Wee-gurs) make half of that
>they almost exclusively muslims
>China has been moving atheist Han people there to colonize
>had to move soldiers as well to prevent uprisings
>basically occupied zone inside the country
>ISIS recruits from there, since locals don't like being replaced by Han people under threat of violence

Why doesn't ISIS trigger an uprising and attack Bejing? I'm sure American will gladly and covertly fund them if they did.

You mean like this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_conflict

USA did the opposite, they supported the chinese communist party against the USSR, so the USSR supported the turkic chinese in their efforts.

The land of Xinjiang had a large buddhist Dzungar population, but Qing decimated them or rather genocided them.

From them on, the Chinese government had slowly transplanted people from mainland China to the former Dzungar areas. This sped up after Communist takeover to make their claim on the land even more legitimate.

>the eastern Chinese provinces

Even eurocentrists shouldn't get it wrong.

>(Eastern) China

?????

XDDD

shitstorm

>le ironic le shitposting

Make one argument against calling the part of China in the western side of the globa "Western China", and the part of China in the east of the globe "Eastern China".
Literally common fucking sense.

ebin eurocentrism

>using a map that cuts the planet on a random meridian just so your continent can be in the middle
>not cutting the map on the Internacional Date Line

>Internacional Date Line

ebin eurocentrism
literally applying WE WUZery to have your small island in the middle instead of the more relevant country

Well to be fair putting the date line in the middle of the Pacific is the most practical since pretty much nobody lives there. And it gives you a nice map where no continent is cut.

It might be just bongs being faggots but it's pretty much the best map we can get.

A bunch of turko-mongols that genocided the original Tocharians and Sogdians and deserve what's coming to them

>What can you tell me about the eastern Chinese provinces, the ones with a Turkic Muslim people?

dont eat the ice cream.

seriously.

What references are you using to back that claim?

What did he mean by this?

>trigger an uprising
I've followed Chinese news and there's something I've seen repeatedly: The xinjiang rebels/terrorists/freedomfighters/insurgents/whatevers using knives.
Most famous example:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
Apparently, outlawing guns can make it hard for outlaws to aquire guns.

I went to Xinjiang. It was neat.

>Apparently, outlawing guns can make it hard for outlaws to aquire guns.
shhhhh
don't let the americans hear you

>Criminals can't get guns so they use other weapons instead.

Big fucking surprise, it's not like there's more guns than people in America. If we outlawed guns would those guns just stop existing? I bet you're British.

China is truly the future of civilization.

Is this technically genocide? Encouraging immigration specifically to dilute an ethnic group/race.

Technically genocide? Lmao. Those immigrants are bringing money, development, skills, opportunities, and QT Han Chinese girls with them. Without them, Xinjiang would just be a shitty dust bowl filled with, and may Allah forgive me for uttering this word, Uyghurs.

Criminals can and will acquire firearms through illegal means or will simply resort to other methods.
Gun laws only hurt law abiding citizens.

>facts

Sure but that doesn't make it not a genocide

No important organization says it is a genocide. And it's not.

Or is White genocide a thing?

It'd be genocide if they were deliberately killing the ethnic group/race, I don't think trying to outbreed them counts.

You'd hit a really awkward grey zone if they were doing something like sterilizing them though.

Sterilizing muslims would be a good thing though.

>genocide
>the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

>locals don't like being replaced
Oy Vey its 2017 and there are still racists who don't accept multiculturalism

Fuck you, I'll do what I like

That's only half the story tho. Depending on the neighbours you have, it can be extremely easy to smuggle guns through the border.

Much of the guncrime in Europe is through the gypsy black market selling old USSR weaponry to the criminal elements. Most of the weapons used in the recent french terror attacks were acquired this way.

>and QT Han Chinese girls with them
Not likely with their gender ratio.

>Be Uighurs
>Like any Turkic cunt, you guys occupied an existing civilization (the Tarim Basin City states, most notably the Kingdom of Khotan). and rule as Kings n shiet
>700 years of nothing significant happening.

>18th Century.
>Qing China is quite scared that the Dzungar Khanate is Mongol Empire 3.0v.
>Dzungar Wars.
>Half of the Uyghurs side with Dzungars.
>Half with the Qing.
>Qing wins, Dzungars genocided.
>Qianlong Emperor: "Yeah we really have to secure this area that the Dzungars live in. I mean, seriously, we fight so many wars all over for this place ever since my great grandad Yongzheng. I hereby establish it as the province of Xinjiang (New Frontier). Uyghurs live in that part that was originally theirs in the westernmost region, but everywhere else, I will give to Han/Mongol subjects. Peace out."

>Current year.
>Uyghurs: WALLLALLALLALALAH EVERYTHING IN XINJIANG- I'M SORRY, EAST TURKESTAN- IS OURS
>*tries to set up bomb, fails*
>*tries to buy a gun, gets arrested*
>*knifes civvies instead.

Uighurs are a bunch of crybabies honestly, the Hui people of China who are also Muslims lived (mostly) peacefully practicing their religion quietly alongside the Han for centuries (pic related is one of the oldest mosques in the world, in Guangzhou) and nobody is super bothered about them these days because they don't keep starting shit.

Other way around: it's Qt Uyghurs coming to work in the Chinese heartland.

Especially the more liberally minded ones who would otherwise be cooped up in a house somewhere in Hotan.

ain't the chinks fault those weegurs don't fuck more

hell they're even allowed to have more children than regular chinks

>Encouraging immigration specifically to dilute an ethnic group/race.

Its what Russia has been doing for 300 years.
Its what the Ottomans did on the Balkans.
Its what the Arabs did in Egypt.
Arguably the Romans did a lot of it, the Byzantines basically retook what is modern Greece from the Slavs that way.

Not a new concept. Read The Prince, it talks about colonizing territory you conquered, so that the locals are your people and faithful.

Whats not facts in that list?

>peacefully practicing islam
Hmmm....
>in the atheist state of China
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
>while a jihad wages in the country next door
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Except that they do. The Hui are basically indistinguishable from the Han other than that they are Muslim.
>in the atheist state of China
You have no idea what you are talking about. China doesn't give a shit if you are practicing a religion in private as long as you aren't creating or promoting unrest.
>while a
Yes, the Hui have very little sympathy for the Uighurs.

>Just be as authoritarian as China and guncrime will go away!

The thing about Islam in China is that it is and has long been very detached from the rest of the Islamic world. The centers of Islamic thought were in the Middle East and Iran, and later Antanolia. For the most part, Islam spread to China via the Silk Road, where Muslim traders would go to trade and spread their creed.

This caused Islam to develop very differently, however. The name "Ma," as in the Xibei San Ma warlords, is in this case the Chinese equivalent for "Muhammad." But because of extremely strong Chinese cultural influence, and relative detachment from Islamic culture, many of the Muslims in China formed very China-centric sects, becoming synthesized with Confucianism.

Under the Qing dynasty, the Hui did revolt in what became known as the Dungan rebellion. But this resulted in an extremely unusual situation, as the rebels had no particular goal and the Qing dynasty made it very clear that only certain Muslim sects were rebels and that anyone who turned their coats would be rewarded. In addition, many Hui fought each other as well, depending on what sect that were from. And the Hui in the east of China did not react at all to the revolt. Certainly it was not some kind of mass religious war.

Then the three Ma warlords allied with the KMT during the Chinese Civil War, partly because of KMT secular policies that also promised freedom of religion, and partly due to Chinese solidarity. This gave them a free hand in crushing their rival sects, thus allowing them to cement power over the Muslims in the area, and also stopping Salafist thought from spreading in China.

ISIS has no presence in Xinjiang user.

They recruit uighurs outside China.

>meme about china #324

Hui aren't your normal nigger muslims. They are more like indos because they follow the "moderate" school of islam.

Sound like white canada

Yes, according to the U.N.