Could fascism as a popular movement rise again...

Could fascism as a popular movement rise again? (And I'm not saying Le Pen's a fascist; I'm just using her picture to get your attention).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hopefully.

No. What you're seeing is just a backlash against the far left which made people lean right.

Will it work?

Nope

We were baiting on 30-40% for the first round, and 35-45% for the second turn

But she only did 21%, this below our(nationalists) estimations, France is officialy dead.

no
individualism is too widespread
those ppl wishing for fascism would hate it the most
your special little snowflake view would be oppressed, youd be forced into a certain way of life
the nation would be the party and by that i mean anyone who doesnt agree becomes a traitor

this is not possible for anyone with a functioning brain, so you either swallow it or rebel

youd be also vulnerable since you have NO say in who will be the discriminated class/ppl/objects or whatever

today maybe criminals will be executed
the next day it turns out all brown eyed ppl are more like to be criminals so you get discriminated aswell

The far left is dead.

What right-wingers call the """"far left""""" absolutely mauled a cuck socdem for being too "class reductionist". The left is dead.

>Veeky Forums - History & Humanities
this is a politics thread, not a historical one
go to /pol/

Are you saying Melenchon and his Left Party is directly responsible for the retarded shitshow that France is in?

Back to making shit up school, faggot

/pol/ is not a politics board.

who cares this isn't historical at all
go wherever you want to between /news/, /b/ or /pol/, not here

I was taking a look through Le Pen's manifesto the other day, it's basic center-right stuff:

>Deportation of illegal immigrants.
>Ending dual citizenship.
>Strict controls on foreign funding of mosques.

etc.

There's absolutely nothing fascistic about the woman. It's bizarre how little the word has come to mean.

It is.
It's a discussion based on elements of contemporary history, and from the start it was explicit that it required a lack of bias and some actual knowledge of both the mechanisms of right wing populism and the contemporary signs that could hint at the rise of a new kind of fascism.

You can't have such a nuanced conversation on /pol/, unless you're fine with having shitty infographics as sources.

>I was taking a look through Le Pen's manifesto the other day, it's basic center-right stuff:
>Deportation of illegal immigrants.
>Strict controls on foreign funding of mosques.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle

>It's a discussion based on elements of contemporary history,
read the sticky
thread reported

>dog whistle

For what?

All of the stuff I listed is taken for granted policy everywhere outside of Western Europe, North America and the wider Anglosphere.

Are you saying the entire non-white world are crypto-fascists?

Not an argument.

Facism is just a scary buzzword that, ironically, both the fringe right and left use because theyre extremists. Authoritarianism however...

Not that user

Her policies are
>fuck immigrants
>fuck their children
>and fuck their religion too
This is some pretty obvious dogwhistling, and it is perfectly reasonable to assume so, since she's fucking MARINE LE PEN, head (until yesterday) of the FN. Let's not pretend, we all know.

Sure thing, bucko.

you will die in cancer along with your family after long suffering

Yo go to /pol/ with this stuff. This board has a 25 year rule.

>fuck immigrants
>fuck their children

Actually Le Pen supports a more attractive visa policy to attract temporary skilled workers, primarily engineers.

>and fuck their religion too

She's advocated nothing punitive against their religion except curtailing the influence of radical mosques, largely KSA-funded. Is that really what you want to shill for, leftard?

>This is some pretty obvious dogwhistling

What the fuck are you, the Guardian's Comment is Free section? If that's dogwhistling then what the fuck is Japan's immigration policy, or China's, or Singapore's, or India's, or South Korea's?

Europe and North America are the only places in the world where it is virtually impossible to deport people. Even people convicted of serious violent crimes - all because of the shitty acquis communitaire.

Melenchon could have been part of the cure
Hollande, Valls and Hamon are responsible

>he still can't see it

Veeky Forums has jaded you, my friend. Hopefully one day you will get it.

>I don't actually have any evidence she's a fascist, but I can conjecture that she secretly supports it because of support for mildly right-wing policies

By this standard every single social democrat in the EU is a dog-whistling communist. Not to mention many of them (eg Barosso) were quite literally Maoists and shit in their youth.

Answer his question you liberal islamophile faggot:

>If that's dogwhistling then what the fuck is Japan's immigration policy, or China's, or Singapore's, or India's, or South Korea's?

Yes and the rise of right-wing politics will give way to a lean to the left.
Thats the way it goes. A movement creates a counter-movement, creates a counter-movement...

People are growing tired of leftism, which is inherently authoritarian.

Most of the people who want Fascism just don't want their opponents to have free speech. They would be fine with it.

Not him but they're not countries to look up to
Asia in general is a cluster of nationalistic and backwards shitholes

I said that that is dog whistling (and in fact her whole campaign was), I haven't implied that she is a fascist, and I haven't done so for a single reason: I don't think she can pull it off.
Not in France, not as a woman, not with a authoritarian party: I honestly don't see how could that happen.

>Not him but they're not countries to look up to
>most advanced capital-intensive manufacturer on earth
>not a country to look up to

LOL. And modern France is?

Typical white liberal, you're comfortable "learning from other cultures" provided it's third world primitives echoing platitudes about democracy and equality that you want to hear.

>people are growing tired of leftism
In a world that's been 99% ultra-capitalistic for the last 40 years ?
Open a book sometimes

What the actual fuck?

HURR DURR LIBKEKS

>mfw Hamon persisted in running, knowing that he would make Melenchon lose

Economically yes, most of the west has had capitalist economies because after all, it is by far the best system. However, as we've seen governments has gotten involved more and more, forcing upon us regulations, taxes and other shit that hurts us economically, in the name of leftism.

Economically we're capitalist, almost every other aspect that also infringes on the economy, the west is leftist.

Once marxism is gone once and for all we need not worry.

You are both stupid and paranoid.

??? Asia is fucking awesome dude, you should go travel there and open your eyes. UAE was dog shit compared to there.

>>If that's dogwhistling then what the fuck is Japan's immigration policy, or China's, or Singapore's, or India's, or South Korea's?

I don't know the immigration policies of the latter 3, Japan is objectively a racist country. Try not being white and go in a holiday there: open, well-mannered racism is way more normalized than it is in Europe. I don't see why we should adapt to their standards, especially considering that it is leading them to a harsh demographic crisis.

>>most advanced capital-intensive manufacturer on earth
This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Do we have to become all racial realists because some who did so become very successful?

>LOL. And modern France is?
Why not?
there may be structural problems with France, but at the end of the day, historicalky, it's one of the nicest place you could live in.

>you're comfortable "learning from other cultures" provided it's third world primitives echoing platitudes about democracy and equality that you want to hear.
So I can't disagree with the conclusions other cultures arrive at? What's your point?