USDT - Potential gains to be made?

I'd completely ignored this for quite a while, but seeing how bitcoin has recently been fluctuating up and down about $400~ every couple of days I just had a random thought.

I never trade BTC against dollars because it's simply too impractical - nothing is instant and selling BTC for fiat at the moment I normally lose a good chunk doing so.

But one thing I never looked into is USDT

Is it possible to say, sell your BTC when it hits $2900 for usdt and then buy back in at $2500~

Then rinse and repeat this process?

If this is the case I've missed out on so much potential gains in the past month. And knowing my luck BTC will now push past $3000

But has anyone ever done this here? I'm making losses just holding shit right now and I've been a bit out of the loop for the past month - I used to day trade shitcoins but right now the market doesn't seem very good for this (either that or I'm just missing out on oppertunities)

It seems new coins just pop up every other day which go like 100%+ but in most cases they are shitcoins I never even knew existed.

Meanwhile all the coins I was making money on a few months ago (DGB, RDD, Ripple, Ether, Verge) just continually dissapoint. I keep missing oppertunities because I only catch them when you faggots post about them on here (once they are already peaking)

What do you think Veeky Forums? I just lost my job so I'm probably going to spend my unemployed days trying to make enough money to see me through a little while - while I look for my next wagecuck job.

Can you also use this strategy with ether?

as long as you buy high and sell low, you're good to go!

We're gonna see mad gains in USDT. I expect $200 by the end of the year.

yeah it does fluctuate between like 0.98 and 1.02, so if you throw a ton of money into it there could be some gainz.

Lol, yes it's possible. But you do realize usdt is essentially a crypto pegged to the usd (easier to trade with usdt when dealing with taxes compared to usd). So you'll get the same amount in usdt as you would in usd. If you lost in trades on usd, your style of trading needs to change to prevent losing in usdt.

I don't mean in a sense of USDT fluctuating lol

I mean in a sense of trading BTC with it to gain more bitcoin over time - aka when bitcoin hits 2900 selling it for 2900 USDT then spending that USDT on bitcoin again when it hits 2600 and repeating this process every few days

that's the golden rule!

Damn, that's some strategy right there. Maybe you can call it short selling or shorting.

no user it's impossible, not allowed at all.

>I never trade BTC against dollars because it's simply too impractical - nothing is instant
?

You can trade BTC/USD on Kraken, Bitstamp or Bitfinex just as fast as any other coin

I'm having trouble understanding, can you simplify the process you are describing please?

next warren buffett?

I wouldn't chance it. US dollar is the mother of all shitcoins.

If you can predict whether bitcoin is going up or down then you can trade it into and out of anything which doesn't depend on bitcoin, yes. USDT shouldn't be special in this regard, I believe we saw LTC break away from BTC last week.

this. millionaires should be doing that. a free 2 cents. tether backed by usd. make 10-20k literally guaranteed.

You'll fuck yourself with taxes doing that.

oh boy, yet ANOTHER "x coin has untethered from bitcoin" thread

soon we will see the flippening posts on litecoin and that's when you know to short the shit out of it

Except I'm not an amerifag

I now understand why you guys are all stuck on this "hodl forever" idea

DELETE THIS

Veeky Forums is full of retards, most of which don't deserve to realize the difference between a "panic sell" and "shor....................wait

I mean......what?

*whistles casually*

Are you asking if you can sell high and buy low? You can't, you have to buy low and sell high.

Don't you want to live in a world where all of crypto doesn't rise and fall on the back of BTC?

You're one to talk about being retarded.
I hate this new meme where everyone calls selling a coin shorting. That is not what shorting is. Shorting is not what OP is describing at all.

lol nice one

Had the same idea OP except I'm an amerifuck and I'll get taxed the fuck out the ass buy Jews if I did

Ficking kill me

I've got a better idea:

>Buy a coin
>when the price rises
>Sell it!

What do you think guys? Could this work? It seems sort of crazy.

haha lol