American slave revolt

> American slave revolt
> Get Shot

> Haitian slave revolt
> Create a whole country

What went so right?

Those faggot Frenchies didn't hit them hard enough. This subsequently made the American slaveowners hit them even harder out of fear of a revolt.

The Americans didn't have to ferry their soldiers across the ocean to bring them to the place they were fighting in.

>USA
>13% slaves
>Saint Dominigue
>~90% slaves/non-white people
Gee, I wonder

>be Henri Cristophe
>be member of new slave revolt army
>watch general Toussaint be arrested and suspiciously be betrayed by fellow subordinate Dessalines
>watch Dessalines go white genocide and basically reinstitute slavery
>arrange assassination of Dessalines
>encounter power struggle with Petion
>fuck it, Im gonna make my own kingdom on this tiny ass island on a territory north
>be a sovereign king complete with nobility and a fortress
>negotiate trade deal with brits and out economy south Haiti
>get insecure about unpopularity and an hero
>tfw my family still becomes powerful members of Haitian government in years to come

France was going thru a little event known as THE FRENCH REVOLUTION, you might have heard of it?

Well Haiti is an absolute shithole today so

The freed slaves got greedy.

>they have to pay France not to invade them for a century

>meanwhile America gets free land for it's first century

>Haiti
>literally anything going right

It's been in a literal constant state of civil war since it's inception. It has known nothing but poverty since it was founded, they destroyed the environment, etc. Europe doesnt even need to be involved for them to fight each other, but when they were you have blacks fighting on virtually every side, it's so hard to keep track when your learning about it because it's just a chaos of border gore and independent power bases springing up and allying them fighting each other, the alliance switching during the first decade is too complicated for a simple black and white understanding of the conflict.

People ask for a tl:dr of the haitian revolution and I don't even know what to say, but if I had to try, I'd say this: 6 major players: the former slaves-who fought on all sides-, the rich black elites, the white french ruling class with paltry support from the mainland, the British, and the United States, and everyone flip flops constantly to the point where it's like someone shuffled a deck every year. Eventually pretty much the entire international community won't touch them because they realize it's an absolutely chaotic mess that will never be profitable, and so the international community embargos them into oblivion, causing more poverty and civil wars.

>Haiti went right
Right into the shitter that is.

Nothing has ever gone right for Haiti.

>be Haitian
>chop down all the trees, and subsist on mud cookies

>If Haiti didnt revolt it would be a first world DOMTOM of France
>Instead its one of the worst shitholes on earth

No country in the history of earth has a history as depressing as Haiti. THe history of Russia looks like a victory march compared to them.

b-but muh freedom

Dont forget the poor whites and the spanish

>create a whole country
Isn't Haiti one of the poorest countries in the world?

I believe it's the poorest in the Western Hemisphere.

>If Haiti didnt revolt it would be a first world DOMTOM of France

Not really. A revolt was GONNA happen it was that bad. Pretty sure the most passive as fuck Christian who takes the "turn the other cheek" mantra too far would rebel

Also all the overseas territories of France are utter shit.

Mayotte sought to stay with France but it reaping little to no reward out of staying with them compared to Comoros which just left.

Yep. The French were such bad slave drivers that the slave population was literally below replacement rate in Haiti.

Its almost as if it coincided with the French revolution!

wow, even he pays respect to ancient Rome, i love it

Toussaint Louverture loved Caesar. Reread the Gallic Wars a bunch of times.

Malaria, mostly. If it had a climate suitable for white people, the French would have easily taken it back.