There are only 21,000...

>There are only 21,000,000 bitcoins in circulation and the world will fight over those 21 million coins as confidence in currency and other investments deteriorates

bloombergquint.com/business/2017/07/05/bitcoin-to-50-000-is-latest-call-from-prolific-stock-picker

Have you reached 21 BTC (aka 1 million club) yet?

Tick tock, your only chance to get rich in the next 5-10 years and blow boomers and normies the fuck out is ticking away.

why would anyone fight? it's not established in any way.

most likely you'll just have some other token through your bank, or a number of different tokens for income, internet shopping, etc. there's nothing special about btc

> next 5-10 years
I cant wait to own BTC on all 73 chains by then

>there's nothing special about btc
>it's the longest surviving blockchain which is key for store of value
>doesn't suffer from having a clear leader like the rest of coins
>has the most hashrate
>has the best coders in the world
>literally the entire cryptoeconomy follows its price
kys

I wonder how many times I'm going to see this picture in my lifetime

I know, it somehow appeals to my rational brain but somehow my negative inner voice says: It's too good to be true you moron!

>oh no bitcoin xt hardfork is coming sell
>oh no bitcoin classic hardfork is coming sell
>oh no bitcoin unlimited hardfork is coming sell
>oh no segwit 2x hardfork is coming sell

you're comparing to what already exists. nobody gives a shit about crypto, people just buy it as an "investment" because technically speaking it is a more efficient system for transactions.

there is nothing that bitcoin does that can't be replaced or redone if there was ever a demand for it. it's associated with buying drugs ffs.

what the fuck am i reading?

retard scribblings. best just to ignore.

It's the longest surviving because it was pretty much the first. BTC has been showing its age for some time. It's not gonna get replaced any time soon, but don't be surprised if something better takes its place eventually

I already told your dumb ass why alts cannot replicate BTC ever:

1) BTC grew organically (no ICO scam, no premine, out of the radar development etc)
2) Its the longest surviving blockchain which is basic to be the best store of value (certainty demonstrated over time)
3) Doesn't have a clear centralizing leader like the rest of alts (the Vitalik syndrome, the Charlie Lee syndrome, etc)

These 3 alone make it irreplaceable and attract the best coders in the field, the most hashrate and the most merchants, and this snowball effect gets stronger daily.

Even if somehow someone create an entirely new set of technology that wasn't a rip off from Satoshi's invention like every alt out there, it wouldn't be developed out of the radar anymore because cryptocurrency is now a thing (wasn't before Bitcoin) so these projects will get attacked since day one showcasing all kind of exploits while Bitcoin continues breaking records with it's capital B blockchain.
In addition, since cryptocurrency is now a thing, if the creator tried to pull a Satoshi and stay anonymous, he would get caught due having millions of eyes on him since day one as compared to Satoshi in 2009 which no one cared about.

The more you stay on denial about the new Bitcoin realtiy the more you will suffer. Ignore it at your own peril.

>people "want" bitcoin
>"investors" hold bitcoin and don't circulate it
>bitcoin replaced by something else that works as quickly and efficiently and is easier to access
>"investors" suddenly holding worthless bags

there is value in bitcoin, but OP is a greedy little bastard who thinks he discovered gold.

I mostly agree with you except Monero definitely has a chance many of the same reasons as Bitcoin.

>>bitcoin replaced by something else that works as quickly and efficiently and is easier to access
This has existed since Litecoin and this has not happened after 999999999999999 altcoins because you are too low IQ to understand the game theory at play.

This is the best post on Veeky Forums right now and I appreciate this user taking the time to write this.

forget it man, this is too much for the dummies to understand. they just keep going hurrr bitcoin = myspace, hurrr something new will = facebook. derrrrr

Should I liquidated my shitcoins and go all in on Btc?

Millionthaire checking in :)

>organically
do you even know what Bitcoin is?

>longest surviving
dumb argument if your whole point is that it will replace an older form of currency (which it won't)

>centralizing leader
not accurate, and again you're comparing to what already exists. sounds like you have your head up your ass. speculating that BTC is the only form of effective cryptography/blockchain for any future scenario, and that it will be adopted globally for normal transactions (in its current stage it's still dogshit) is respectable but there is no justification for it. it's an emotional argument (no leader XD fuck the government and boomers!) and nothing else. why can't you just enjoy your 100k annual salary based on buying and selling crypto?

Interesting post, but what about bitcoin facing unsolvable governance issues in the future? Looks like we might be able to pull through august 1st ok, but as bitcoin gets bigger this shit is only going to get harder.

except you have no understanding of why litecoin is lower price, apparently.

bitcoin still has the highest trade volume and it is treated as an investment, not a currency for the most part.

>doesn't understand the context of the word organically
>longest surviving blockchain is a dumb argument
>having vitalik crying to exchanges to stop trades and comanding a rollback hardfork is not an accurate demonstration of leader syndrom
>overall too dumb to understand the game theory at play
>tries to continue arguing with me

There are no governance issues in bitcoin. August 1st is another bitcoin xt is another classic is another unlimited.

>not a currency for the most part
have you heard of drugs?

>comparing BTC to ETH, a scam vaporware
>this must mean BTC is the greatest there will ever be!

>muh game theory
>muh old tech is better
>wait i hate old things!

>doesn't understand the decimal point that slides to the right.

Lrn2reward savers and punish bad government spending. You have now learned why government agencies hate crypto because it would force responsible budgets and spending.

Versus fiat currency.

>still failing to refute my facts
nice dubs

It's very easy to dismiss Ethereum and Litecoin but Bitcoin has absolutely nothing on Monero if Monero gets a higher market cap and more liquidity.

>the world will fight over those 21 million coins

Monero and other ring signature coins have technical flaws. Expect papers on this soon.

>still only emotional arguments
thanks for holding on a down trend.

>No evidence
The last papers fudding Monero were weak. What do you know that the cryptographers working on monero don't?