What made fascists like Codreanu, Hitler and Mosley so likable...

What made fascists like Codreanu, Hitler and Mosley so likable? Fork example Codreanu was attractive sure but that's not enough. Take a looK at this , even a hungarian jewish historian said only good words about his meeting with him.

>There was suddenly a hush in the crowd. A tall, darkly handsome man dressed in the white costume of a Rumanian peasant rode into the yard on a white horse. He halted close to me, and I could see nothing monstrous or evil in him. On the contrary. His childlike, sincere smile radiated over the miserable crowd, and he seemed to be with it yet mysteriously apart from it. Charisma is an inadequate word to define the strange force that emanated from this man. He was more aptly simply part of the forests, of the mountains, of the storms on the snow-covered peaks of the Carpathians, and of the lakes and rivers. And so he stood amid the crowd, silently. He had no need to speak. His silence was eloquent; it seemed to be stronger than we, stronger than the order of the prefect who denied him speech. An old, whitehaired peasant woman made the sign of the cross on her breast and whispered to us, "The emissary of the Archangel Michael!" Then the sad little church bell began to toll, and the service which invariably preceded Legionary meetings began. Deep impressions created in the soul of a child die hard. In more than a quarter of a century I have never forgotten my meeting with Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.Nicholas Nagy-Talavera (a Hungarian Jewish historian)

What about fascist figureheads led to them being idolized as much as they were?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVw4L_TQn3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=V6MpZcXBPi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The pagentry and theatricals they put on captivated the crowd.

He wasn't likable his party barely made it into parliament and when it did it never even got close to a majority. And they became really unpopular when they got the power via coup d'etat. Legionaire is a an insult now in Romania.

Good honest hard working man

Are you retarded? They had to move Codreanu as far as they could from his home region to get a jury that was not incredibly biased towards him and even then it didnt happen. He killed a cop in broad daylight. His party started declining after he was killed by the jandarmerie and the party was left to Horia Sima which was not nearly as likable. And legionaire is not an insult in Romania, I should know im from there.

Esti pe ma-ta labagiule, mars la cacat

There's a type of charisma that certain people have, you can't put your finger on it but they just have it.
I once knew this dude, lanky dude, sort of funny voice, didn't look good at all. But he had *something* which made him attract all sort of attention from women and men. As in women wanted to sleep with him, men wanted to follow him in whatever he was doing.
Couple that with being handsome, smart, knowledgeable, and having good rhetorical skills, and you have a powerful cocktail.

Fascists shamelessly embrace aesthetics, glorify charismatic "supermen", and are ok with lying as a means of conducting politics. So fascism naturally attracts cult leader types. Reading about cult leaders and fake "gurus" of various sorts is fascinating. Many such people have personal charisma very similar to that which the fascist leaders seem to have had. They have striking eyes, they fill the room they are in with a powerful energy, and so on. Indeed, fascism is usually - as communism also is - a secular religion or cult. The connections between fascism and theosophy-style occultism are not coincidental.

Also, the would-be fascist leaders who weren't charismatic never became famous. We've only heard of the ones who made it.

Franco had the charisma of a cumrag. Then again he lucked into power.

Kek, stiam ca sunt romani pe Veeky Forums'

>and are ok with lying as a means of conducting politics
Everyone is, come on.
The charismatic dude in spain was primo de rivera.

De cand cefele late spammuie ca autistii pe /int/ s-a umplut Veeky Forums de romani. In mod curios suntem o idee mai informati decat handicapatii de aici.

I kind of liked Granny Revolution tebehe

>and are ok with lying as a means of conducting politics
The difference is that fascists tend to not even lie about the fact that they are liars. They are shameless about it, viewing it as a virtue. And of course their idiot followers go along with it, always thinking that the leaders are lying for a greater good.

Because they were right. Every Western nation since, and many prior (England and America being prime examples) suffered from these ailments described here.

>also fuck gyppos, kikes, democracy, the left, the center, the democratic right, everyone who doesn't agree with me and that cop I'll shoot right now to prove what a good Christian I am

Are you always so philosophically uncharitable or only towards movements that you've been taught are taboo?

like who exactly? which fascist leader has claimed to be a liar?

The amount of people the average authoritarian anti-democratic right wing regime killed si very small, the idea that people die left and right en masse is just a meme democracy needs to prop up the right wing boogeyman.

not an argument

I remember reading "For My Legionaries" for the first time, the parallels between Codreanu's description of Iasi University and any given university in the United States during the 60's is glaring. The rampant communism, increase in death of religion and culture, the general hatred of patriotism and the national identity. I wonder what Codreanu would think if he was transported to a univerity today, listening to students parrot Noam Chomsky, Jared Diamond, or Gloria Steinem. Or if he watched the news of the wars in the Middle East. Or if he delved into the history of the fecobstruction of the American identity, finding names like Emanuel Celler. Would he be dismayed? Or would he find humourous irony in that the nation which defeated his fell to the very things he warned about and fought against?
A good Christian turns the cheek, but fights for others, including his nation.
A good nationalist expels those who poison it. He is and was everything he should have been.

Hitler did in about 12 million on purpose. Never mind 10 million russkie civies, God knows how many Poles, a shitload of Dutch, Czechs, Serbs, Bosnians and, surprisingly, Baltics. Should I go on with Franco, Pinochet, Noriega, Peron and all right wing Asian ones?

And I remember grandps talking about how they made all the Green Shirts in their village dig holes, summarily shot them and then buried them without ceremony once they came back from the war. Fascists are rats, like commies, and need summary executions.

Yes, Hitler is one of the very few outliers.
Pinochet's regime killed what? 3000 people in 15 years? Wow.
How many portuguese did salazar kill?
Metaxas?
Austro-fascism?
Sure dude, go ahead with all the others.

Your grandpa was a coward whose legacy of cowardice lives on in you.

>like commies, and need summary executions.
so your gandps should've been executed too?

Grandpa fought almost up to Stalingrad, and then in Budapest. The only cowards were the Green Shirts who pretended to be patriots but never enlisted. Faggot.

Commies, beside Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, didn't score a lot either. What if I count Imperial Japan? Anyway, suck a dick fascists fuck.

Yeah man, there's like, commies, fascists and... nothing else right?

who took over romania after the war?

christ you're fucking dumb

You are genuinely retarded muh man.

>Commies, beside Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, didn't score a lot either
Yeah, those who followed Stalin and Mao didn't kill as many as them simply because you don't need to after you've already secured power beyond doubt. But when do commies have to do with what I said? I haven't mentioned them.
>What if I count Imperial Japan?
I already counted it, which is why I said "a very few outliers"
>suck a dick fascists fuck.
I'm not a fascist, you moron.

You're Romanian, therefore your IQ can't be above 80

*what, not when

>The only cowards were the Green Shirts who pretended to be patriots but never enlisted. Faggot.
They died soon enough, and yet somehow your patriotic grandfather who fought in the Axis TOTALLY NOT A FASCIST THOUGH survived AND was sent back by the Soviets alive.
You're full of shit m8. Also no actual Romanian would give 2 shits about the gypsies, having dealt with them firsthand. Your grandfather, if he existed, was a communist or a gypsy.

>Codreanu still hasn't been canonized

Liberal scum get out of my church

It's the ideology of aesthetics

Fascism puts a heavy emphasis on aesthetics, rituals and mysticism in place of rigorous theory.

>Mosley
>likable
Lol, Mosley was a fucking dickhead who was treated as such by us at the time.

Franco wasn't a fascist, he was a military dictator. A fine distinction, to be sure, but an important one

>the only way to deal with fascism is to use it's most unsavoury problem solving solution

You just justified fascism by validating how it solves problems.

Which is why he was slated to be the next head of labor, and described as one of the most gifted speakers in Parliament

because they had passionate and honest personalities

Who is the one next to mosely?

Leon Degrelle.

Léon Degrelle and the Belgian Rexist Party.

Thanks hivemind

>killed by the jandarmerie

Remove the NatSoc autist

A movement dedicated to the Archangel Michael is a secular cult
what did he mean by this?

He's memeing. The Iron Guard also called itself the Legion of Archangel Michael ("Legiunea Arhanghelului Mihai"), but not in a cultlike way.

I didnt make the image user

This board manages to amazes me with its ignorance and retardation every day.

Well yes, my bad. He was quite similar with Antonescu or Peron, and I wouldn't necessarily call either fascists unless you want an umbrella term.

>if you kill your enemies they win

Comradeship based on tribe race is the natural way humans lived for hundreds of thousands of years. Ethnic nationalism is the modern workable projection in modern era. People tend to like their natural leaders.

Every election year I hear Democrats (and some Republicans, boh who do nothing since they themselves receive funding from the same banks) whine and moan about campaign reform, about Goldman Sachs and the other major financial institutions buying politicians, I read about ex-Goldman Sachs ceos entering into the President's cabinet, every year and every administration.
But. nothing happens BECAUSE none of the politicians are men of courage or honor, they are not like Codreanu.

This is now a Codreanu thread

/ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=nVw4L_TQn3Y

>"The emissary of the Archangel Michael"
Definitely /ourguy/
youtube.com/watch?v=V6MpZcXBPi4

>commie resorts to cussimg me out because I poked holes in his story
Chiar mă pune pe gânduri. Ori eşti comunist or eşti jâdan.

>be a traditionalist
>be part of a religion that destroyed the most ancient of traditions (paganism) for a revolutionary, proto-bolshevik Jewish cult

It's almost as if he knew what he was talking about and you don't

Sincer coaie, cacatpostezi sau chiar crezi asta?

Yer a wizard user