Today, I purchased 1 Bitcoin, 1 Litecoin, and 1 Ethereum using up half of my savings

Today, I purchased 1 Bitcoin, 1 Litecoin, and 1 Ethereum using up half of my savings

what can i expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
myetherwallet.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really kind of expect you to panic sell, actually lol

I plan to keep it as an investment for the next 10 year

otherwise it is just sitting in my bank account

If you're just going to hold long-term, you'll see some comfy gains.

Well the good thing is that bitcoin gains will offset your loses on eth and ltc

You fucked up on the Eth

Just don't hold it in the exchanges and you'll do fine.

What do you mean by this exactly?
I'm fairly new to this and all my coins are in coinbase and bittrex...Is that not ideal?

That is not a good idea at all. Buy any hardware storage device and transfer your cryptos to it. Never ever leave your hard earned money on an exchange that could easily be hacked.

ETH was a waste

terrible time to buy

I want to say this But after reading I think you are going to make it.

If you would be so kind user...I am sure I could google it, but how would I transfer from an exchange onto a micro usb (or something of the sort). Would it just have the wallet address' on the storage device?

You can expect nice returns over 10 years. I might get ETH/LTC to a 20% share, but otherwise you did good.

If you're using exchanges to store coins, use 2 factor authentication right now.

It's not a conventional "USB" you're storing your coins on, try google Ledger Nano S.

Congratz you've made it boi

Alternatively you can use paper wallets. They work fine without having to buy hardware

So is one better than the other?
Or are you trolling when saying paper wallets?

I'm fairly new to crypto also, haven't bought yet but been researching and on many boards on websites daily across the last month. There are certain types of "wallets" the ones you want are cold wallets (cold means offline, as opposed to hot which is online) bittrex wallet is online, this is very fast and convinient, but if the site gets hacked you'd lose thousands. Then there's cold wallets, which are the opposite in both aspects. You have desktop wallets (an app on your desktop where you keep your coin) special hardware wallets that you buy which I don't know much about cause I never considered the option, and paper wallets (yes they're real) that take a barcode/QR code that represents your coin, and prints it to paper. Whenever you want to move your coin to an exchange you scan it using an authenticator app, and it recognizes it as that coin. Going down the list of desktop, to hardware to paper takes you from most convenient but riskier to less risky but also less convinient. Never leave coins on an exchange, mobile wallets I don't recommend either. I have electrum as a desktop wallet but once I start getting enough coinage I'm moving to paper, I do not trust my computer's hard drive from not crashing on me

Once I get the hang of this thing, I owe you big user..Thank you immensely for paying it forward, I shall be sure to do the same..

Oh and also, if you would be in a financial emergency if you lost half your savings, don't invest that much. Crypto is early yet, invest drop at a time on coins you've researched and are sure of. You don't even know that much about wallets and you've bought 3 different coins. Albeit, you could argue 3 of those are the safest investments, but still, invest sparingly unless you plan on doing this for a living. My advice is buy up Bitcoin, that's a sure coin, and then research the history and direction if the companies behind other coins, then invest.

never invest more than your comfortable with losing, it's like if you make a bet with your friend, and you each agree to bet $20 bucks, but you're not sure about your odds. The emotional person stays in because they're prideful, could make some, could lose alot. The tactical person lowers his bet, calculates his odds, and keeps betting on things they're sure of

No, not trolling. Read up on both before you send coins off exchanges and make sure 2 factor authentication is turned on to keep your coins safe.

bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
Can do BTC and LTC paper wallets

myetherwallet.com/
Most popular for ETH paper wallets.

I have over 100K on paper wallets in a safety deposit box. Zero problems and I didn't have to buy hardware.

If you wanna tip me some Bitcoin this is my wallet address (btw, if you get a wallet you'll have an address for receiving, it's like a deposit slip, anyone can send some to you if they have your wallet address, which is basically an ID)

3FCHxCA8dAAVVWoY3WNnhW2XzYmQpP2mMq

You may have seen long texts like this in other threads, once you have bitcoin or other alt coins in your wallet, you can go to SEND, and type out an address, and an amount. That line if text is my address , you don't have to tip any coinage if you don't want to

on bittrex alone there are 1k different crypto's.
How can one possibly find the sure bet?
I have been putting a few dollars here and there off of hype that I hear, but unlike the NYSE I don't see any real products from most of these companies

I bet you I could heem everyone itt

What does heem mean user? Are you saying you are good at this stuff or something?

That's why everyone doesn't do it, you DONT know what's gonna hit and what's gonna flip, you just don't. Like I said, research what you're gonna buy, but with the best devs and most promising applications, a coin can fail hard. That's just the way it is

And about hype, this board especially, don't buy into every hype train, that's not to say don't buy on hype at all. Buy on hype, sell on news. This means buy when everyone is starting to get in and yo expect a high demand for the coin, and sell when actual news of whatever made people buy comes out, because most of the time to new developments that caused hype weren't that huge. Take the collapse of the British pound for the short period last year. The pound crashed because Britain left the EU, this was the hype, the fear of everything that made people panic sell. Then there was the "news", the reality that nothing really happened to Britain, it had a vote that wouldn't impact it for years. Keep and eye out for hype, but not fake hype like some Jew shilling his coin on this board. That's why you do research.

Also, have a mix of short and long term investments, don't just buy in without knowing if you're holding or selling or what, cause pretty soon you could have a useless coin

>buying before the crash

Normie.

You know what OP? I believe you. You're gonna hodl that shit and not even look back

maybe 1k in a year if you're lucky