ITT: We're casual "historians"

haha no one could have beaten the emus roflmao australia didn't stand a chance

Why do these threads get to stay up, but actual historical discussion thread get deleted? This fucking board, I swear... Yesterday there was a quality thread about Native People of American where people were having quality discussion and exchanging ideas and it got deleted before the cap was even reached, yet meme thread and b8 threads get to stay up for days...

You just bumped this, you retard.

This may be a history and humanities board, but it's a history and humanities board on Veeky Forums. That means memes, it means alt right YouTubers and crackpot self-publishers, it means teenager Nazis and a handful of interesting people who get driven away out of sheer frustration.

Name better general than Rommel
You literally can't

I prefer the semi-serious joking humor over the "serious" discussion. If you want people being super serious go to Reddit. I dont mean that as an insult. Reddit is better for that.

Wilhelm II obviously had autism, i mean, how else could you sack Bismarck???

Dude wut if nazis won?????????

I love the man in the high castle!

Not him or trying to turn this into a meta, but Veeky Forums used to be a place where you could actually have intelligent debate and discourse with this board being one of the better ones for it.

Lately though there has been a noticeable up tick in meme-bullshit and /pol/-tier bait threads. It sucks because Veeky Forums has historically had a more mature tone yet now it's like /b/ or /pol/ in terms of quality:bullshit thread ratios. It sucks, because all it would take is slightly more aggressive moderating to turn this board around.

I mean fuck look at most of the posts in this thread.

Guess what I learned on Veeky Forums today

>Veeky Forums used to be a good place
>Back when Veeky Forums was good

It's like a year old, bro

My hypothesis is that current events are electrifying the youth, who mostly browse /pol/ and /b/, and those electrified youth are beginning to get bored and spreading out onto different boards, to the site's detriment. /b/ used to be the containment board, but it's basically a representation of most of the rest of Veeky Forums's boards now.

it's just newfags. it always has been newfags

>tfw a 2014 newfag

>It sucks because Veeky Forums has historically had a more mature tone yet now it's like /b/ or /pol/ in terms of quality:bullshit thread ratios.

I was here on day 1 (it's not like it was that long ago) and it was a cesspool pretty from the start. Perhaps the first few months were less cynical, but memes and /pol/-tier 'dialogue' always win out in the end and crush that spirit.

I still remember when autists made endless threads trying to make a fucking board mascot.

yeah, pretty much. I think every board needs a permanent board that explains what lurking is, and why it's important. If anything, it'll convince at least a couple people, and that's a couple fewer faggots

*permanent thread

the russians only won ww2 because they used zerg rush tactics and the germans ran out of ammo
oh and winter too

>2014
>newfag

I didn't mean just Veeky Forums, just mentioned that bc that's the board we're in. /k/, Veeky Forums, and /out/ have all gotten extra shitty in the last year or so.

Well I narrowly missed oldfag.

Was this before or after DESU DESU? Face it, this website was born in protest of SomethingAwful, and had a non-serious tone from almost the beginning. I'm not saying you can't discuss something lightheartedly or semi-seriously, but to try and have a serious historical discussion or even a humanitarian discussion is a fool's errand.

You pretending to be stupid for some of your posts doesn't make your serious posts anything other than the musings of a casual "historian".

Are you still Reddit if you didn't come from Reddit? This seems like an odd classification.

Same...

shut your fucking mouth, Reddit.