D-day didn't happen until 1944

>D-day didn't happen until 1944

I finally understand the "America did nothing in WW2" meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Path-Victory-Mediterranean-Theater-World/dp/0374529760
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan#Expenditures
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we finished it.

America had been fighting in the Pacific for years by that point.

And in the Atlantic, North Africa, and Italy. Don't forget the strategic bombing campaign either. But we'll just ignore all of that.

Where does one acquire a badger bro?

America and the Soviet Union are the two nations that have the best claim to winning the war, because both, in their different ways, made truly invaluable contributions. The French spent the entire war occupied and the British did nothing much beyond defending their island.

And, you know, doing most of the Mediterranean theater, cutting Germany off from the oil out of Iraq they were getting through Vichy, all the strat bombing damage and resource diversion they did, as well as contributing 30-40% of the land forces in Northern Europe. (Assuming you're counting their colonies and dominions, but why wouldn't you?)

>keeping Germany in a war isn't admirable
>housing exiled governments wasn't a thing
You

You don't acquire badgers. Badgers acquire you.

Daily reminder, the US took Rome the day before D Day

>Atlantic
Yes, you have trade routes to defend.
>north Africa
Only sand and Italians. We could fix it ourselves.
>Italy
You took 3 years to capture Rome. Against Italians. What an humiliation.
>strategic bombing
My grandparents lived in a small city near Paris. The Americans tried to destroy a bridge, they bombed the whole city killing hundreds of innocents but missed the bridge, which is fortunate because one month later it will be used by the tank divisions who freed Paris.
Thanks for your help, usa.

Who cares about Italy ?
>attack France in June 1940 and lose.
>attack Egypt and lose.
>attack greece and lose. Germany must invade Yougoslavia, Albania and Greece to fix Italia's shit, delaying their invasion of the ussr
The Allies would have lost if Italy fought on their side.

ur welcome

Every nation that fought against the savagery of Fascism in any way did more than humanity could ever thank them for. From the unparalleled war manufacturing of the USA, the David verses Goliath-like struggle of the French partisans, to the unimaginable human cost of the united nations and peoples of the USSR, and all others I've neglected in this brief post should be forever thanked for saving Europe, and the world at large, from this supreme evil.

I am high and very tired, but I mean every bit of this post.

The Swedes kind of dropped the ball, while I'm being honest.

Why does every European country need to complain about the USA helping them when they actually need help?

How will Bongs ever recover?

this desu.

They took it from the Germans, dumb ass. I'm not a huge fan of butterfly effect theories, but I'm sure those hundred thousand german troops would have been useful somewhere else.

North Africa had the Afrika Korps

Italy wasn't only Italians, Germany also fought defending Italy

And of course most the strategic bombing wouldn't be visibly effective near Paris, considering the main target of the bombing was Germany.

>both the UK and US absolutly obssesed with themselvs
>france still deeply in live with their GREATEST ALLY
>Germans are the only ones remebering the human waves

Are you 12? Yes that is easy to know when you learn the dates.

I'm sure if you asked Russia who did the most they'd have almost 100% themselves.

Who knew, everyone thinks their participation was the most worthwhile.

Fucking lost it.

German commitment in Italy in 1944 was closer to a million men.

>You took 3 years to capture Rome. Against Italians. What an humiliation.
What are you talking about? We took less than a year between when we landed on Sicily during operation Husky, and when we captured Rome. And hell, the Italians bitched out and switched sides after they lost Sicily, the rest of the campaign was all against Germans.
>Only sand and Italians. We could fix it ourselves.
Then why did you wait until we landed at Casablanca and Oran to overthrow your Vichy brothers in the area? After all, if you could have done it yourselves beforehand, it certainly would've shortened the North African campaign. So why didn't you?

It would've happened by 1942 but Churchill and enough of the britbongs were total fags who didn't thoroughly comprehend war and thought attacking a irrelevant country with incredibly defensible terrain was good.

Damn, did not know that, I was just looking at the strength at Monte Carlo. If anything, that reinforces the point that the Italian front mattered.

Which event are you referencing?

He's talking about Italy, or as Churchill called it, "The Soft Underbelly of Europe"

>a badger with a brand new box of frozen pizza and $115 USD in cash
I have so many questions.

Lurk moar kiddo

I'll actually recommend the same book to both of you. amazon.com/Path-Victory-Mediterranean-Theater-World/dp/0374529760

He gets a little "Great man theory" at times, but it's a good read about the theater.

>It would've happened by 1942 but Churchill and enough of the britbongs were total fags who didn't thoroughly comprehend war and thought attacking a irrelevant country with incredibly defensible terrain was good.
That is simply wrong. Sledgehammer was only to be attempted if either the Soviets came out heavily on top (and try to get onto Europe before they overran everything) or looked on the edge of imminent collapse and needed anything to divert attention away from them.

The reason Roundup, the 43 option wasn't selected, is ultimately that combat in France is much more risky than combat in Italy. There's much more wide open space, and Germany can theoretically throw more troops into the kettle there. They might not because of Eastern Front obligations, but the ball is in their court, not yours. And given the number of bad operational mistakes made in Italy, (mostly by Americans, to be fair), you can make a very good case that providing some seasoning, not just to regular line troopers, but to institutions, was badly needed before proceeding to a much sharper theater where mistakes are enormously more costly.

They might have cost 8 months to a year if Roundup went the same way Overlord did. They also might have been thrown back into the sea, since this is before things like the Transport Plan and with Clarkian errors par for the course in selecting things like landing zones a la the Salerno almost-disaster.

He's kind of right in that. If D-Day failed or didn't happen it could still be a way to push up through to Germany.

I mean, yeah, but it'd be a really shitty way of pushing into Germany. We had a bad enough time dealing with the Appenines, getting through the alps in a Germany that won D-day would've been a nightmare.
Of course, if D-day failed, we still could've tried Operation Anvil. Who knows, Southern France fell pretty quick IRL, maybe it still would do so even with a failed D-day.

I'm American and you're retarded.

Half the reason why the allied war effort ran so smoothly was because of how well managed the Canadians were. You may not think much of a well made fuel truck until you're trying to resupply your Tiger tanks with Mule driven carts. Never-mind how much work you can get done with a bulldozer instead of a spade.

The British kept the front open in the west, devastated the Luftwaffe, and stopped the Germans from turning the Mediterranean into an Axis lake. Not to mention dominating the Atlantic Ocean with the Royal Navy. That shit's more important that you think it is.

The French resistance provided invaluable intelligence, and also tied up Axis resources in the west.

Americans provided the shekels, plus they beat back the Japs (with help from the Chinese and Australians)

The Soviet Union provided the bodies.

It was an allied effort, period. Anyone who would tell you otherwise is promoting an obvious political agenda.

>Frenchie talking shit about American military being shit

>We could fix it ourselves.
>we
you and your tapeworm?

>le shekels meme
It was an allied effort but you're still dumb.

You need a strong economy and lots of money in order to win wars in an industrial age. America had both, and provided the economic backbone of the allied war effort.

Or anywhere in Wisconsin really

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan#Expenditures

You're welcome :^)

>with help from the Chinese and Australians
Americans were responsible for more Japanese military casualties than the other two combined.

>Eastern Front will always either be forgotten or memed

They are kill stealer (seriously, the Chinese effort was unvaluable)

>Yes, you have trade routes to defend.

With Britain.

>Only sand and Italians. We could fix it ourselves.

Evidenced by your failure to fix it yourself.

>You took 3 years to capture Rome. Against Italians. What an humiliation.

And you needed American help to even pull that off, after Americans helped you take North Africa.

>My grandparents lived in a small city near Paris.

Anecdotal evidence, in either case nobody said strategic bombing was flawless. And if you want to cry about strategic bombing, the British insisted on doing it at night with considerably higher collateral.

>because one month later it will be used by the tank divisions who freed Paris.

Bet there were plenty of Shermans crossing that bridge, then.

I'm Canadian, I think the Americans saying they singlehandedly won WWII is retarded and I'm proud of the British/commonwealth contribution, but don't be a fucking retard.

>The French spent the entire war occupied
You mean
>The French spent the entire war by being quislings

I sure hope you're not a communist, son.

>all those battles and campaigns forgotten in a favor of one meme beach party in Northern France
>it is not even one of the landings that didn't ended up being an almost complete catastrophe

We will forever debate the extent which the Soviet Union was propped up by US and UK material, but they undoubtedly did the lion's share of killing and dying.

How do we rid the fr*g menance from infesting this board

The other question about the casualty too, is how much of that value attributed to more leadership and military tactics?

SHUT THE FUCK UP. SOVIET UNION DID LIKE 70% OF THE WORK JUST FUCKING ACCEPT IT.

Pic related was 2nd best general of the war and best allied general, only Manstein was better.

>spergs like this exist

lol

>we
You and OP?

Zhukov especially did most of the killing except he forgot he's on Soviet side.

>"America did nothing in WW2" meme.
facts are memes now?

BUT MUH LEND LEASSSSEEEEE.

only significant thing america did in world war 2 was lend lease which is overblown and fucking up japan. And there commanders were terrible, there were easily 5 nazi and Soviet commanders better then douglasmcpipeman and Patton.