BANCOR

Pretty tempted to dump all 12 of my BTC into Bancor right now, seems like a crazy entry point and a solid investment.
Convince me why this isn't a great idea Veeky Forums. (Jews isn't a valid reason)

If you were ever able to buy any coin at over 20% UNDER its initial ICO value wouldn't that be a crazy deal? Why would you miss out on that? How can you even lose money at this price?
I see no reason why Bancor would be the first ICO that doesn't rise in price following its launch, just looking at the website it seems solid it has strong business partners in ANS(which is gaining a lot of popularity right now) aswell as ETH, ANT ect. Also the developers are dedicated to buying back any bnt for the next 2 years at a fixed rate of 0.01eth shows they have a lot of faith in the future of the project.

Am I being crazy? because this seems like the best opportunity I've seen in crypto in a while

Other urls found in this thread:

bancor.network/bnt
blog.bancor.network/price-floor-smart-contract-deployed-621871bd09ca
hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/19/bancor-is-flawed/
blog.bancor.network/how-the-long-tail-of-cryptocurrencies-spells-massive-opportunity-for-society-c5f474dbd192
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the last fucking time, Bancor is tied to ETH. When ETH goes up, so will BNT.

Why the FUCK do none of you people seem to understand this?

Fucking do it. Bancor will turn you into a millionaire if you drop 12 BTC on it right now. Literally no better time to buy than now.

yes.
Okay, no one seems to have any fucking clue what Bancor does. Simply because people don't take the time to read anything, and are pissed about the ICO dropping in value.
Here is exactly what Bancor's value prop is:
Bancor is a Coinbase-Bittrex hybrid for alt-coins, ERC20 tokens, and community coins.
That's it. Simple as fucking that. Now here a 3 test cases that barely scratch the surface of this coin's technology.
First is crowdfunding via Bancor. Crowd-funders donate to a project they like and become coin-holders. That way if the funded project is successful the coin-holders share in profits of its success.
This in itself is genius, because traditional crowdfunding sites just take peoples money. Sometimes they'll throw the funders a bone and offering them a shitty "Beta" version product.
Next is ETF's. Specifically users can create tokens that are crypto-portfolios that work exactly like ETF's (So say if you're bullish on decentralized cloud-storage but don't want to buy just Sia. You can create an ETF, a Bancor coin, with 50% Sia, 30% Steemit, 20% BTC) The beauty of this is that any fucking normie user can create a coin like an ETF in a matter of minutes.
Final test case is let's look at a University. A university could create a coin, let's call it Notre Dame coin. This coin could be usable on campus restaurants, the alumni store, to buy sporting events tickets, etc.
Student organizations could then SELL these coins to alumni/parents/students as a reward for DONATING to the student organizations charities.
Thus the University benefits three-fold. The average amount of philanthropic donations goes up, the University can sell merchandise, and finally the University can write-off the cost of anything purchased with a Notre-Dame Coin because the university is technically donating the merchandise to raise money for charity. Win-Win-Win
If crypto is ever going to scale it will be with a protocol like Bancor's

well there's this and the fact that they have strong partnerships, and i look forward to the releases of other tokens like the bnt>gno thing. i'm hoping as more tokens are released bnt will moon to fuck. i'm looking at 6 months to a year.

i bought in at preico before they cunted everyone around with their uncapped hidden marketcap oh wait extend it to 3 hours bs. i have been mad af at these kikes but at the end of the day i like the coin and believe it will make a lot of money in the longterm.

>Why the FUCK do none of you people seem to understand this?
It hasn't been made into a meme, so they haven't read it.

Don't spell it out for the brainlets. Let them remain salty nobancs

Pic related

keep your bitcoin. sell your house for bancor.

Will bancor make 4x leveraged ETFs? If so I'm sold baby. My attention span only goes so far and I need something to 10x my money or put me in a shed in less than 5 hours.

I can think of at least 30 coins I'd invest before Bancor.

ETH is about to take a massive dump, most likely going below 200$.

So there will be even a better price to buy bancor.

>Bancor is a Coinbase-Bittrex hybrid for alt-coins, ERC20 tokens, and community coins.

this is one the biggest selling points for me btw in 6 months they have plans for buying bancor tokens directly with fiat. bancor will essentially become another entry point for users which is huge when places like coinbase and kraken are fumbling so hard with verification and deposits etc

so 2 big points

1. an entry point for fiat
2. a token (bnt) that will rise in accordance with eth and any other smart token that holds it in reserve (there will be a lot of smart tokens with bnt in reserve...)

right now there is only bnt>eth, eth>bnt. we are in at the floor. big developments coming,

>(Jews isn't a valid reason)

Yes it is! So many lives could be saved if people would ignore anything coming from those spawns of Satan.

Not sure.

Will be interesting to see how they implement their partners dapps into bancor tokens. Like aragon to manage your coin and vote on proposals. They also invested in dcorp which are making a derivatives exchange to come out next year.

I don't get this logic, I don't see why bancor has to stay at the 0.01ish eth price even if eth collapses to shit.
It should be totally independent now since we have left ICO phase, yet it still seems to stay around 0.01eth no matter the $ value of bancor, does it really take that much volume to move the smart contract price? It can't possibly stay like this for much longer

Because people are trying to buy millions worth as low as possible.

WOW

SO MANY COINS DO EXACTLY THE SAME SHITT

>yet it still seems to stay around 0.01eth no matter the $ value of bancor

read the history, when they went uncapped they took a fucking shit ton of eth's and put it into reserve to guarantee the price of bancor would never go below .01 eth, ever.

eth and bancor priced are inextricably bound together.

Tell them to stop.

WOW. ANOTHER RETARDED POST.

why dump fucking everything? fucking biz pls stop being so retarded

Incorrect. No other coin has a feature where multicomponent tokens are created with ERC20 token changers. Bancor is undeniably unique so far.

This is precisely why if you were going to be holding ETH anyway, you're better off just showing all that money into Bancor because it'll go up when ETH does but then possibly some more.

My biggest doubt is how is this smart contract price determined and is it always tied to ether, if demand increased and the price in exchanges went above 0.01 eth it would make no sense to sell to the smart contract for 0.01

Which is why you would BUY from the smart contract for 0.01 ETH until the price went up to wherever it is in the exchange.

It's a price floor, not a ceiling.

So anyone holding ETH should hold BNT instead because it can only do better but never worse than ETH does.

That's the way it fucking works.

the 0.01 floor is a separate contract to the ETH>BNT - BNT>ETH contract. Look here bancor.network/bnt and see.

>This is precisely why if you were going to be holding ETH anyway, you're better off just showing all that money into Bancor because it'll go up when ETH does but then possibly some more.

I understand this on the surface but feel like I am missing something fundamentally important, which is why I am still holding eth's mostly, i put 10 eth into bnt.

i have actually wasted 70 eth on shit coins at this point that are all down 50%.

I missed the sweet ico's sadly. I bought bnt on bittrex and snt on liqui.io, the only ico i actually got into straight up is dcorp, several user's say that will make me a rich...

will it?

Your fault if you're too stupid to understand this stuff.

So help me understand this. Multicomponent tokens: I want to invest in ERC20 tokens with half of my money and keep the other half in bitcoin. I can create a token "basket" that is 25% Golem, 25% Wings, 25% Token, and 25% ETH itself. I put the half of my money I'm not keeping in bitcoin into this basket. This makes me a single token (voucher?) I'll call "ethbasket". Now-- my "ethbasket" token is diversified, will mitigate the risk of going all in on something (though ERC20 tokens are so tied to ETH value that I don't see how it will help THAT much). What else does it do for me besides diversify automatically? Is it strictly for normies to diversify without using an exchange? If someone could explain in simple terms the benefits, that would help me out a lot.

>Your fault if you're too stupid to understand this stuff.

That's helpful, thanks.

So your position is, you should hold zero eth if you are in bancor, right?

The theory being that the reserve eth bancor took in guarantees the price floor, right?

I still think something is missing, granted I am stupid though.

the price floor is only valid for people who got in at ico. if you got in at ico, for two years, or until the smart contract is depleted, you can sell for 0.1 eth. so, bnt can go below 0.1 eth, and if it does ico holders can cash out for 0.1 eth.

there is no guaranteed minimum price for anyone who didn't get into the ico.

also, i am surprised to have to say this, but a price floor is not a price ceiling. there is no limit to how high bnt can go, there is no ceiling, and if you didn't get in at ico, there is no floor, it can drop to 0. if you got in at ico though, like i said, a sale price of 0.1 eth will be available should shit hit the fan.

This... isn't true, though? I bought some post ICO and sold it back to the contract. In fact that's built in, it's Arbitrage.

price floor contract is separate contract.

It is a separate contract yeah, but it's not limited to ICO holders at all, don't know where he got that idea from. How the fuck would they even track something like that.

blog.bancor.network/price-floor-smart-contract-deployed-621871bd09ca

you're right, i was wrong about that, the smart contract to sell at 0.1 eth is for everyone.

It's 0.01 ETH not 0.1 ETH stop repeating garbage you fucking mongoloid.

best investment you could make right now desu.

you have made a good choice op
it is not tied to ETH, it can easily outperform ETH.

This

you need a borrowing mechanism to make leveraged funds.

bancor doesnt have one.

I'm holding a small bag (about 500). I believe in the meme and the nose.

> if you were ever able to buy any coin at over 20% UNDER its initial ICO value wouldn't that be a crazy deal?

No ICO has been this overvalued that's why

STATUS LUL
EOS LUL
Bancor is undervalued.

Here's the most important thing to me.

How do you assign a value to a currency exchanger coin? Bancor has the potential to front end a huge crypto payment system seamlessly in a way no token has before, but does that use necessarily impart value or is it only as good as it's constituent pieces?

The safety net kinda bugs me too. It's great right now, as an investor/potential investor, but what happens when the shit hits the fan?

Im risking my asshole by investing in bnt and ans im going all in on those

>jewcoin
>jews can seize your coins whenever they please
>jews can create more coins any time
>safe investment

lol u wot m8

>what is stratis
are you retarded

I asked in their telegram about potential derivatives. They said they are planning on it

you forgot one
>jews rule the world because they are financially smarter than all the goyim
bancor will probably get a nobel prize in economics for solving the coincidence of wants problem

I feel so comfy on my bnt bags Ill sleep with them to a wealthy future.

Is there a Bandcore wallet yet?
Besides the Android one?
Help.

The Jews didn't get wealthy be looking out for OTHER people's financial interests. Why do you think they've been expelled from every country on earth?

>Bandcore

Bancor. Well?
Wallet?

>The Jews didn't get wealthy be looking out for OTHER people's financial interests
Literally all they do is handle other peoples money.
>Why do you think they've been expelled from every country on earth?
Accept they are massively over represented in the west. Face it user, Jews are smarter than you, and since you didn't understand the magnitude of the Bancor whitepaper you come on here in a pol induced fervor crying about muhh jewwws

Tell me where the wallet is and not the android one, shlomo.

Its an eth token bruh. myetherwallet.com

Fuck. I really am a dumb fucking goy.

The fuck you talking about pajeet?

Do I send it to my eth wallet address?

>selling your ticket to early retirement for some dumb jew scam

yes. and if you have eth in your wallet you can send eth to the contract address on their site to convert directly to bnt...

Thanks but I already gave them my precious ETH.

With about 1.5k bnt how soon can I retire?

Never. Once the crypto has you, you are never stopping. Your soul is now decentralized and bidden to cryptojews via smartcontract.

Someone answer this user

I'd say 2-3 years. I see BNT becoming a top 3 coin within that timespan, so then it just depends on the size of the overall crypto market at that point.

hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/19/bancor-is-flawed/

what was bancor ICO price in dollars?

>still posting the debunked fud
kys

About $4.00

Yeah, count me out of investing on a coin that piggybacks off a mothercoin currently on dev life support.. Rather go in on some jap cartoon titty coin instead. But yeah, gl with all that

> emin does discuss strategies with bancor founder now LUL

there, now it has and now they have no excuse

It's pegged to ETH for two years so you can always trade in your BNT for the same amount of ETH you put in, even if BNT falls. IF ETH moons again all coins will moon, but BNT can moon without ETH also. It's the greatest hedge of your crypto lifetime and you fucking faggots won't read up on it because of the joos. Learn some fucking economics and get back to me.

>Peter Thiel is involved

Go read about Funders Fund and get back to me dipshits.

Go read about what "the long tail" is and why they keep talking about it.

blog.bancor.network/how-the-long-tail-of-cryptocurrencies-spells-massive-opportunity-for-society-c5f474dbd192

Yeah a super-centralized blockchain in which the admins can create or destroy bancor tokens at any time, from any account, for any reasons. why the fuck would anybody invest into THAT.

>>Peter Thiel is involved
Didn't know that. I wonder if he is involved with aragon also.

>muh long tail
fucking retard

name a single crypto with poor enough liquidity for BNT to be more cost effective than an exchange that isn't radioactive-garbage-fire-tier shitcoin

pro tip: you can't