So how do the Swiss manage to stay neutral all the time? Are they something special?

So how do the Swiss manage to stay neutral all the time? Are they something special?
>Germans but not in the Reich
>middle of Europe but not EU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tannenbaum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Redoubt_(Switzerland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_secrecy#Swiss_Banking_Act_of_1934
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mountains

Their culture is different than the rest of europe too. Theyre naturally more insular because their culture is somewhat heavily tied to the geography.

Every swiss houshold is required to own a machine gun, or do ive heard

How do we stop the eternal kraut

same reason israel doesn't get it's shit pushed in in the middle east

>Mountains
Do not defend you from the EU

>Every swiss houshold is required to own a machine gun, or do ive heard
this stupid meme again. Literally only ameritards spread/believe this shit. From personal experience I'd say 1 in 3 households have guns at all

>Germans but not in the Reich
Reasons why Switzerland was not invaded:
>heavily cooperated with germany, making an invasion basically futile
>cost/return unfavourable in case of conquest (shitty geography, very defensible, virtually no natural resources)
>very hard to conquer due to geography, fortifications, bunkers, high ratio of gun per household, bridges and mountain passes loaded with explosives ready to blow up to halt hostile advancment
even then, Hitler would've eventually invaded, once he was less busy in other fronts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tannenbaum

>middle of Europe but not EU
unlike other countries Switzerland has a _real_ (direct) democracy, thus the people have rejected joining the EU in several occasions. Other nations have seen themselves thrown in by the elected parties

>machine guns mandatory
Soon this meme will be:
>every swiss man is equipped with a recreational mini-nuke the second they learn how to walk

How else would they enforce the NAP?

> implying that wouldn't be a good thing

It's like you don't see any problems with having the autistic kraut sharing a border

Are you implying that I'm making a judgement on whether recreational nukes are good/bad? Or are you implying that the specific meme evolution is implied by me to be good/bad? I've done no such things.

I'm implying that you were implying that the mandatory ownership of recreational nuclear devices would have a negative impact if such a law were ever enacted in Switzerland

They have good relations with everyone.

All Switzerland wants to do is make watches and take care of your money.

I was under the impression that the entire country was basically a glorified bunker with whatever few land access routes there are to it being easy to control and/or destroy in case of war, making it very cost-inefficient for a potential hostile power to tackle it even if there was one.

I am pro personal nukes.

>unlike other countries Switzerland has a _real_ (direct) democracy, thus the people have rejected joining the EU in several occasions. Other nations have seen themselves thrown in by the elected parties
I'm pretty sure most countries who are currently members had a referendum about joining beforehand, actually.

Actually every fighting age male is required to be trained in rifling and we all have an issued rifle that's kept at the local armory. Basically every fighting age male is reserve militia.
Funny story about ww2, some German officers went to Switzerland and watching the swiss train. The German asked the swiss officers something like "you have only 1,000,000 troops to defend the country, what would you do if we sent 2,000,000 soldiers" to which the swiss officer replied "we would shoot twice and go home"

>mountains don't defend you
>being this retarded

So they are more like the grumpy loner that never joins up? Why?
>Yo Swizzy, wann be part of the Reich? You are full blooded Germanics after all
>no, just fuck off

>Yo Swizzy, wanna be EU, we got lots of trade and monies
>no, just fuck off!

Why do they do that? And how do they keep getting away with it?

Mountains do jackshit against economic super powers, trade agreements and political pressure. fucking retard!

I googled a bit, you seem to be correct. In that case, I can attribute the swiss referendum to join the EU's negative results to the swiss very ingrained culture of isolationism, and, more importantly, particularism. Switzerland already works as a smaller united states; it is, after all, a federation. People from all over the country barely tolerate being governed by the Bern politicians already.
Who do you think you're fooling, I'm swiss too, and at the conscription center, which I had to visit like a year ago, they said, if my memory isn't failing me, that only about 1/3 of the male population these days gets conscripted, and each year the number of conscriptions is smaller and smaller, due to public pressure. In my circle of friends, I think about half the pople were conscripted. I was not, due to having coeliach disease. I didn't choose it, they decided for me.

They actually can still benefit from EU trade by simply aligning their trade regulations with those of the rest of europe.

You forgot the HRE, they even managed to stay out of that one.

As I said here:
Switzerland is very particularist, the government form is a federation, meaning the 26 administrative divisions of Switzerland are granted a large degree of political freedom. Switzerland is a union of sorts on its own. This can be linked to the geography: being mountain people separated from each other by valleys and passes builds such a culture
>how do they keep getting away with it
stupid question, be more specific

Sounds like they chose an awful complicated way when they just could have joined up.

Swiss have little to gain and much to lose from joining the EU

They're part of the Schengen area, which means they have open borders and have to comply with large portions of the EU regulations ANYWAY.

Switzerland is one of the most conservative countries in Europe. For example women didn't get the right to vote until 1971. The EU's inter-European free trade policy is the only thing they like from the EU.

but it's far easier to pull out of schengen only than the EU, if need be

They're landlocked in the middle of EU, so pulling out of Schengen would be extremely painful anyway. And if they were part of the EU, they'd at least have a say on the said regulations.

you've not really been following the political ramifications of the 2014 referendum on mass immigration in Switzerland have you
It's still rather inconclusive but it's a prime example of Switzerland standing its ground

The core area of Switzerland where most of the population lives is not all that mountainous and inaccessible though

Cantons have different rules you dumbass.

>Portugal and spain are part of the reich

what

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Redoubt_(Switzerland)

this is literally unrelated to the fact that each year the regulations for who is discarded get more loose, and less people get drafted. Cantons may have different rules but the swiss army follows the same rules across the whole country, one of the few things that is the same for every canton, you double dumbass

>implying the EU is a threat to anything but it's own members

>be smart enough to stay neutral
>dont get your shit all raped up during 30 yrs war, napoleonic wars, or world wars

They were just lucky enough that nobody hated them or wanted their clay, though Hitler had plans for an invasion of switzerland iirc

I'm guessing it's because they were both "fascist"

Because they learnd how to jew the shit out of everyone, the jews themselves also.

They kinda were part of it for most of their existence...

No, they left it in 1648, at the same time as the northern Netherlands did.

before that we were in the HRE only nominally

Switzerland is basically a fortress, and it's not valuable enough resource-wise to make up for the huge cost that would be needed to conquer it. Napoleon managed to do it somehow though.

They didn't join the EU because they make a ton of money whitewashing mafia money, and EU regulations would require them to put an end to their bank secrecy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_secrecy#Swiss_Banking_Act_of_1934

This nation exists because it is a money laundry. Swiss banks helped Nazis to sell gold stolen from Jews and invaded nations. Now Swiss banks help EU company’s and rich individuals to evade EU taxes.

the USA has pressured switzerland into being transparent with its bank money in the early 2010s, get your memes updating you stereotypes-driven fucktards

Let them destroy their culture and their countries. It's the only way.

Wew took enough shitposts. It's was an ancient salt trading grounds and now they guide all central banks. Their problem is too much money through the usury. A land of chocolate and and gold mountains populated with elite German, French and Italian Catholics under the black Popes thumb.

I didn't say male population I said fighting age males. Really I meant citizens they deem fit to serve which changes all the time.

wasn't there a village in Switzerland that refused to accept any refugees and instead raised a load of money to pay a fine

that was pretty wizard

They hada war with the HRE in 1499, since then they where de facto independent.

The history of Europe is an endless cycle of being dragged into some other fuckers war because they need to attack the other alliance because their alliance is getting too threatening.

Being heavily defended and giving nobody a reason to feel threatened by you is the best way not to get fucked. That also counts for economics, too.