Was she a schizo or did she actually hear the voice of god?

Was she a schizo or did she actually hear the voice of god?

he actually spoke to her

God doesn't have a voice.

Mushroom picking is a lot of fun.

No one has interacted with God

By some account she does seemed to have been genuinely schitzo, paranoia, aggression, randomly lashing out at people.

on that note did Gille des Rais suddenly into torturing children/worshipping satan or was it just politicial slandering?

what a strange war

>my conception of God lacks a voice
ftfy

Perhaps she just got a hunch that what she did was the right thing to do and interpreted this intuition as god telling her to do it? This is baseless speculation and I admit it so don't get your panties in a twist.

People hear God's voice in the Old Testament all the time.

Joan of Arc was a qt. Any good books on her?

Was just a political ploy to get his lands, tbqh.

If Jesus can claim to hear voice of God, If Moses can make the claim, if Muhhamad can, then why can't a women hear the god?

Check mate sexist cis pigs.

That doesn't appear to be too weird for someone who got betrayed and sentenced to death in a kangaroo court.

Isn't it the same thing?

During her trial she said she made it all up. Then in her cell she claimed to have had another vision saying she had damned herself by denying her visions, so she retracted her original confession.

Unless we get her diary or something we'll never know if she was really having visions (genuine or the result of a mental illness) or if she was consciously making it up.

The trial transcriptsin her own words make it seem like she was really seeing and talking to specific saints, not just "hey this was a good idea, God must have inspired me!".

*specific saints and other phenomenon

"I was thirteen when I had a Voice from God for my help and guidance. The first time that I heard this Voice, I was very much frightened; it was mid-day, in the summer, in my father's garden. I had not fasted the day before. I heard this Voice to my right, towards the Church; rarely do I hear it without its being accompanied also by a light. This light comes from the same side as the Voice. Generally it is a great light. Since I came into France I have often heard this Voice."

you have to consider there's other evidence for her being manhandled/mistreated while imprisoned so it's a little like admitting guilt under duress
relatively recent book by helen castor is decent and respected academically

Since Christianity is entirely made up I'm going to go with... no she didn't hear the voice of god

I personally reckon she realised noon was coming to save her and the French had abandoned her (as Castor points out they'd switched to a shepard boy as their new prophet of victory) so denied her visions to save herself. BUT then realised she was going to be killed to get her out of the way no matter what she said, so wanted to go out as a martyr rather than a random conwoman. Or had a genuine crisis of conscience if she really thought that she was having visions, generated another "vision" that would allow her to save face

She probably did hear it. The question is whether or not there actually was a deity that talked to her.

women don't really get schizophrenia.

Hi Satan, how you doin'?

In other words:
>Was she a schizo or did she actually hear the voice of God
Nice quads, Satan. Also pic related.

At the time, young virgin girls playing prophets were some sort of a fad. Jeanne was far from the only one, only the most successful one.

I don't think you have to be schizo to believe God has spoken to you. People hear voices from odd animal noises or the wind. During in infantry training, when pretty much everyone is routinely sleep deprived, I saw three different people get really freaked out thinking someone was whispering to them - all were completely sane.

They could have made a TV show out of it, like the X factor, but with prophets.

She's probably been forced to deny everything

She actually says at the start of the trail there's no point in trying to make her say something, because she won't. She seems to have cracked under the emotional pressure rather than physical compulsion/torture.

It's impossible to know for sure.

I know god , he told me that she was schizo. He actually try to convince her to calm down

lol. right now god's telling me you're a lying faggot apostate. how do i know its god? he's been speaking to me since i was at least two

One of the many things that turned me away from atheism is it's Jewish character and consequential desire to besmirch and befoul all it encounters. Atheists are not content unless they are mocking and degrading the world they live in.

Once it's true nature becomes apparent it's impossible not to see it for the satanic catspaw that it is.

Crazy bitch. Hears voices in head...starts killing French.

How can she not be a herald of God when she helped France remove the Albion menace from mainland Europe permanently?

If she really heard the voice of God, why didn't he warn her about the trap in Compiègne?

it was part of his master plan

>implying there's anything wrong with killing the French
lol

Pretty much the same than Jesus

Because the endgame required a martyr and Jeanne's sham trial and death is what motivated the French to galvanize themselves in avenging her and ousting the evil Anglo-Saxon for good off of mainland Europe.

>Joan of Arc burned: 1431
>Calais lost to the French: 1558

Except it didn't. The French had abandoned her. They were throwing their lot behind the hot new prophet of the month while she rotted in her cell.

English loss in the Lancastrian HYW has significantly more to do with Henry VI being a litteral child and/or easily led by his advisors who all hated each other, than anything the French did.

She was illiterate wasn't she?

Lord, guide my dick

>Except it didn't.
Except it did, Nigel.

Yes. No. Maybe.

>war lasts another 2 decades after her death

Have you ever considered that maybe she just lied?

She was having a secret sexual relationship with God who fucked her up in the ass an a regular basis. Jesus became jalouse having to share his daddy's cock, so he promised the Pope a cup of his own sperm to kill her.
When the cup was finally dried out, Calixtus III tried to clear the name of Joan.

>with the English constantly losing territory and ground immediately following that
>due to their butthurt from the Papacy's investigation into Jeanne's trial
>which leads to them leaving a meeting between themselves, the Pope's representatives, France, and Burgundy out of butt-hurt and Anglo autism
>which leads to the French-Burgundian alliance
lol

Which still takes 20 years. The soldiers fighting at Castillon were children or not yet born when Joan was burned.

No.

Which still involves the English constantly and primarily losing territory until their expelled, which a big part is verified due to Jeanne's death being a major catalyst in the reversal of fortunes for the French.

Good to know the Catholics still have a presence on Veeky Forums

You need to go back.

i really love this board

>Christian
>lying
Pick one.

Joan literally could've been the mother of some of them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I used to be stupid like you, I thought Christians were decent people, a bit dumb perhaps, but honest and basically good. Talking to Christians on this site and others has exposed me to the reality, which is that a Christian will lie without shame. They think that if they're lying "for Jesus" then it's not only permissible to lie but actually a good thing. As a result you simply cannot believe a single thing these people say, and i now rank Christians as only slightly above Muslims in terms of their morality, ie, they have none to speak of.

Because god doesn't exist and all of those people are not real and just part of delusions.

And by Christian you mean Catholic, because you can't tell the difference, and don't care.

No Christian lies about being a Catholic.

Catholics constantly lie and say they're Christians.

See the difference?

>hallucinations are SCHIZO-OR-GAWD

This is how we know you're a psych pleb. She had heat stroke.

Satan has spoken! All praise satan!

Can you ask him which team is gonna win so i can bet on it?

Joan of Arc was deeply religious, but I haven't heard anything about her being mental. For her time, she was a radical- a woman who put on the armor of a man and took up the duties of one. This could be said that she at least was mental in the fact of ignoring societal norms for a passion. As a Christian, I believe that God typically doesn't pick sides in wars, which leaves us with her being mental. However, without the HYW's ending how it did, we might not an America as we know it, and that for one makes me think that it could have been divine intervention.

Sarcasm. Control your autism.

>God doesnt pick a side
>unless is the side of 'MURICA

>god
>speaking to catholics
good joke

she was either a cynical bitch who knew the plebs would believe her lie or she was an insane person

>also, dont trust the jews.
Lol

Person got so pissed off they altered the orignial and keep posting it

Babies don't come from the back door, user.

the original was garbage

First off, it wasn't God but two (((FEMALE))) (((Saints))) and Archangel Gabriel for some reason.

Now, Saints aren't some kind of demigods and they certainly can't appear in front of anyone because they AREN'T HOLY. Second off I don't think Archangel Gabriel or in fact any of God's good servants would bother in a war between 'good' christians versus 'good' christians.

Catholicism is practically the partychurch anyways.

"The Maid of Orleans" - Sven Stolpe

Perhaps she was a brilliant individual who knew she had to act. But also knowing that her actions would never be accepted by the society around her lied that god was speaking to her to make things easier for herself.

Who said anything about using the backdoor?

The only thing I have in common with Mark Twain, is my boner for this chick. I'm proud of that in a sick way.
Also fuck the English

calais wasn't lost till like 1553, so try another century :^)

Why would god save France from Brits only to have it ravaged by Africans and Muslims a thousand years later? What kind of sick prank was that?

Surely seems like you haven't.

It seems 1/3rd of Veeky Forums wants to fuck Joan of Arc, 1/3rd wants to fuck Anne Frank, and the other third want a threesome with both of them.

What is it about dark-haired teenage girls whose tragic destiny is to wind up getting martyred in a terrible war that's such a turn on?

He had a few skeletons in his closet but the landgrab was the reason it suddenly became important, then they took advantage of the rumor mill at the trial.
I'm sure at least 5% of the crimes attributed to him were true.

>verified

Where?

How does the king of England being a tiny baby at the same time factor in?

It's called lying, OP. Most of these "miracles" stem from flat out lying or being influenced by adults in their lives for their own personal motives.

Do they believe that Jesus Christ is their savior? Yes or no?

kys new feg

>new feg

Nigga, I've probably been on this board longer than you've been alive.

The original is RIGHT and Protestants are BTFO to the end of time. Luther is a heretic and so is Calvin.

>Luther is a heretic for questioning someone who used his authority for nothing more then drinking and rapeing young boys and selling paper worthless paper due to the ONE reason of WE NEED MORE MONEY AND WE WILL KILL ANYONE WHO QUESTIONS US
Catholics made their own bed and caused the death of MILLIONS.
ANYONE AND ANYTHING who could find something redeemable and not have nothing but spite and hate to a catholic is dumbfounding

I mean, it's pretty hot and all, but I thought Veeky Forums would be fixated on fucking all the great beauties like Esther or Mumtaz Mahal

>praise satan

You mean praise Allah?

Do you think they would've gotten along?

>Actually hearing the voice of an imaginary being.
This some deep lvls of autism

Actually, orthodox Christians say that their church is catholic.

Temporal lobe epilepsy

Silence heretic, God speaks only to his chosen servants!

>not an atheist because muh jews
Congratulations, you're a moron.

What is it with Christians & blood sacrifice?