1: Your country

1: Your country

2: What was your country's Cultural Revolution? i.e. the biggest self-inflicted trashing of culture and tradition in your nation's history

>England
>The Dissolution of the Monasteries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Monasteries

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Iconoclasm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Canada

we asked nicely and got our own big chunk of clay

America

70s

>America
>Culture

>America
>Culture

Korea

Japanese colonial era

Belgium
Dutroux or the first World War (strengthening of the Flemish cause)

>Czech Republic
>the Hussites, National revival and the First republic - you can choose any, all are important af

Greece

probably these two events:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Iconoclasm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm

The conservative faction won, though.

Romania

Gomminosm :D:D

>America
>culture

Turkey

Atatürk's reforms

>Russia
>Russian Revolution

Our country would be so much better if Alexander II wasn't assassinated. We probably would've become a successful constitutional monarchy, rather than a series of shitty czar leading to even shitter communism leading into our countrys shitty state today.

Germany

Pick any:
German Unity in 1871
Nazis take over in 1933
Post-WW2

As a Dutchman, I don't really know.
The Disaster Year?
Occupation by the French?
Post-WW2 change of society?
I have no clue to be honest.

Spain
2nd Republic and the Civil War

America.

Probably what said, though I'd be inclined to say the past ten years have been a bit of an upheaval that led us to more retarded things.

>Sweden
>فتح حدودنا في محاولة لإنقاذ العالم والحصول على العمالة الرخيصة في حين القيام بذلك.

Slave trade ya dingus

>Spain
>End of dictatorship

mummy look im samefagging

Lol no

Danmark

Harald Blåtand converted Danmark to christianity

America is going through one right now and it's cool to witness. We also lost a large swathes of southern culture due to reconstruction being a general shitshow.

>perform well in 2 world wars
>get independence
God I love Canada

Scotland

The highland clearances. Though it was not a revolution, it was merely destruction; no good came from it, and it wounded the nation disastrously in ways that, more than any other beside the reformation, define the country today.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances

>Brazil
Probably the late 80s with the end of the military period, really. We tend to take it easy down here.

>going with that for Brazil
What about the end of empire? Or the final years of Lula and the years after him?

One would think the fall of the Empire would be a far more viable candidate for a major break with culture and tradition in the country's history, but from my knowledge [which admittedly may be flawed, so another user may be able to correct me] the entire process was more or less an oligarchic coup with very limited popular support or intervention, and you can't have a cultural revolution not having significant impact on popular consciousness or public opinion. Politically it is probably the most important event in the country's history, but culturally speaking not so much.

Also the Dilma years are way too recent for me to not be wary of making any comments about its overall cultural impact.

buttmad irrelevants

Czechia.
The Hussite Wars, perhaps.

Denmark

Modern breakthrough
Suddenly all artists, authors and so on take a giant shit on every tradition they can think of, and in the process redefine sexuality, the role of women, even betters the lives of the new working class.

They didn't invent the blues, rock and roll, the TV or film industries, or basically any modern form of entertainment or culture that's been relevant for the last 100 years. Let them be butt-hurt if they want.
'Murca, baby!

>Cultural Revolution? i.e. the biggest self-inflicted trashing of culture and tradition in your nation's history
Why do conservatards have such low IQs?

For Portugal its hard to say, but perhaps the 1910 revolution that toppled the monarchy.

What? That image doesn't prove anything you fucking dingus

Interesting. I don't know too much about it. How did it shape modern Scotland?

>Sweden
>Mass immigration
Diversity is good guys, you are just being racist

>America
>Culture

America
The Cultural Marxists of today

You know, I'm on your side. However, I've never read a convincing argument for why cultural diversity is a good thing.

Yes, muh mutual understanding and fellowship and all that, but, why?

I've heard legitimate arguments about why biodiversity is good (ecological niche and homeostasis), but I have a nagging suspicion (which may well be wrong) that the argument does not extend well into the cultural/racial sphere.

>Mexico
>Mexican Revolution
Also the globalism was indirectly the cause of Mexico drug and violence problem, and USA was the direct cause of Mexico becoming USA backyard... :(