Would you rather earn $150k working 9-5 or $300k working 9-8

Would you rather earn $150k working 9-5 or $300k working 9-8

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/search?q=interstellar pump telegram&oq=interstellar pump telegram&gs_l=serp.3...9380.10626.0.10784.9.9.0.0.0.0.120.842.5j4.9.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.8.738...0i22i30k1j33i160k1.-JQmNO_l0d4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$150k

9-5

have fun getting hours of your life back that you traded for money

How do you work 8 days per week, exactly? I'll take the 300k just to see what it's like to break the space-time continuum.

9am-8pm

Not enough of a pay jump to justify having no life.

>$150,000 for working an additional 18 hours a week

Depends what the job is I guess. If it's a job where you really have to work all those hours then it would be terrible.

You'd be tired as shit and you'd have like 5 hours of "free" time a day during which you have to eat, wash, do shopping, drive to and from work etc.

You wouldn't even be able to enjoy whatever that extra money could buy you

Good point but I've worked that much before and it wasn't the end of the world. Still got free time in

Also $150k is already more than enough to have a perfectly cozy middle class life. Not like jumping to 300k would have any real effect on your quality of life.

But having no free time would certain ruin your life.

It compounds though. Each year the disparity grows

Compounds to what? There's been plenty of studies done on this shit. Money only brings happiness to a certain point.

Once you have all the basic needs met money does nothing except allow you to indulge in more frivolous luxury and that shit never brings happiness.

And if you have to work all day you won't even be able to get whatever enjoyment you might get from the extra luxury

The salary disparity. Two years out salary A has inched up but salary B grows much more objectively and in proportion

300K, DUH.

Would also work 16 hour days, 7 days per week for 600k. Do that for 20 years and be set for ever.

Gook detected

Working 9-8 is illegal in my country

I have worked much more for much less.
For $300k, I could save at least $240k a year, then retire in 5 years by investing it in index funds and BTC

I'd do it if it was tax-free.

>mfw that 150k extra would only be 75k.
>mfw instead of 300k, I'd be earning 200k

You can't make this shit up, fucking Canada.

Retiring early would be nice

Australia as well.

Depends, most of my work is done from a computer already and most of my work involves shitposting and trading on the company's dime.

I suppose if I was making that much, I'd be in a position of power within the company that I could get by with doing even less work and more freedom.

So yeah, I think I could.

Currently work 5am-7pm m-f and 5-4 sat.
Make 70k (over 2x local average)

I would take the $300k on the condition that my contract isn't more than 2 or 3 years, this way you can slave for awhile then quit to take a cosy job with low hours.

>he has a life
lmao @ your life

>Get off at 8pm
>No traffic on the way back.

As long as its not some back breaking work or something where i have to interact with mouthbreathers all fucking day sign me up.

Human interaction really makes those hours feel twice as long unless its some bro tier coworker.

>bro tier coworker.
That's why I quit my last job.

I already work 60 hour weeks making 45k. Would do it for 300k in a fucking heartbeat

>b-b-but muh life

You faggots don't have lives if you're posting on Veeky Forums

$300k easily

Bust your ass now to get $$, live like a person who makes 20k, invest the difference. Retire at 65

Neither, the free time I have working 3 days a week at my meager paying job is more valuable to me

I'd rather earn 400k trading crypto from home while fapping to chinese cartoons, thank you very much.

300k. Hours are longer, yes, but the doubling of capital means I can go balls deep on leverage buying property / stocks, build passive income super fast and then not have to work.

Like I would need to work for 3 years to retire vs working for 10.

Jesus fucking christ.

>3x5=18
this is why you faggots are so poor

>Work 5 years
>retire in mid twenties

Seems like a good trade to me.

>bust ass all the way to 65
when does the enjoyment come in? you're already fucking 65

i'd rather earn 300k working 8-9

but seriously, define "work"

if you mean dicking around in an office, i'm down for staying 12h. If it's grunt work surrounded by social pariahs, i'd not even consider the 9-5.

Here you go good boys!

google.de/search?q=interstellar pump telegram&oq=interstellar pump telegram&gs_l=serp.3...9380.10626.0.10784.9.9.0.0.0.0.120.842.5j4.9.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.8.738...0i22i30k1j33i160k1.-JQmNO_l0d4

get on our level

Listen to (though you should watch your portfolio balancing with BTC, if your money is critical to your life path you should have a sane risk profile).

Income brings happiness up to around $70k. You can get $70k of income, in perpetuity, forever, from $1.75MM in the bank. With OP's job you can easily get half of this in 5 years, at which point you can live comfortably with no income at all, and build up toward the $1.75MM either by saving aggressively or working whatever jobs seem fun.

>Do that for 20 years and be
dead

>retire at 65

What kind of shitty investments are you putting your 280k in to where you can't retire earlier? If that's 'busting my ass' I'll pass.

I chuckle'd

It's okay, you guys have your "free" healthcare and "free" tuition, right?

and freefugees too

$200 an hour extra for 3 hours a day - sign me up. I work 24 hours a day for $150K.

The years 20 to 25 are the most important years of your life. I would not trade them for anything.

>The years 20 to 25 are the most important years of your life

lolwat. Most people spend half or more of those years studying, with a negative net worth, having zero influence on the world and doing random things that they'll later decide are not for them.