ATTENTION Veeky Forums

Since mods are planning on an awful nsfw sister board of /pol/, we should call for mods to make a god-tier board that fills in the gap between /an/, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums
We need to call for mods to make /pre/ - Prehistoric
This glorious board will be about Prehistoric life and the early cosmos
We can discuss dinosaurs, cavemen, formation of galaxies, etc
I would gladly volunteer to become a janitor or moderator for this board so it will not go to waste

>This glorious board will be about Prehistoric life and the early cosmos
>We can discuss dinosaurs, cavemen, formation of galaxies, etc

thats what you think it will be about

it will instead be /pol/tards discussing the movement of muh haplotypes and aryiums

So?
/pre/ doesn't discriminate someone because of their politics
If /pol/acks want to discuss prehistoric migrations of early humans, I embrace them
I love any anons who contribute to /pre/ as long as they are on-topic (threads have to be prehistoric related)

>Since mods are planning on an awful nsfw sister board of /pol

Source?

/pol/ fucking ruined this site

>discussing the movement of prehistoric peoples is bad because uhhhhh /pol/

I'm pretty sure this was sparked by your incessant whining about /pol/.

This has always been my daydream. Those are all my favorite things to ruminate over.

>gathering feather vs anti-feathers dinoposters, /x/ conspiracy theorists and flat-earth creationists and adding a pinch of muh aryan haplotypes into one unholy shitpit of a board

I don't care, just take "& Humanities" with you.

It would be a big beautiful board
Between the shitposting, there will be heaps of quality intelligent threads
It could possibly become the best board on the website
I think you and many anons are underestimating how enjoyable /pre/ would be

I'd love it, but are the numbers big enough to justify it? Most threads on prehistory that aren't explicitly about race or bleed into Sumerian discussion sink after ~50 posts, Veeky Forums only gets to ~150 with anti-evolution shitposting and /an/ is the same people discussing dinosaurs.

If bloody /po/ can exist, why can't /pre/
/v/ and /tv/ have way more shitposting than any prehistoric thread and don'\t have any quality discussion unlike prehistoric threads which are a mix of quality discussion and shitposting

It's not going to be a bloody make your dream board contest. It's /b/ with flags to take the heat off of /pol/. /b/ has no flags, /int/ is no fun allowed and /pol/ wants to talk about politics.

The mods are only making a new board because /pol/ is full of shitposters and T_D immigrants. It's an outlet for them to go to. Also prehistory is too obscure. If you included it then why not make one for other eras? If we need a new history and humanities sister board it should be about theater and opera.

It's just a terrible idea and it shows admin hasn't learned from the failed experiment of /pol/ as a "containment board". It doesn't contain adolescent neo-nazi shitposting in one place, it attracts adolescent neo-nazi shitposters to Veeky Forums as a whole, who then wander on to other boards because they want to talk about history, or travel, or tv, or cartoons. I mean, Veeky Forums is 50% /pol/-tier nonsense.

They tried it with the new /news/ board and it failed. You can't "save" /pol/ from racist shitposting; /pol/ culture is racist shitposting and increasingly Veeky Forums culture is racist shitposting.

Unfortunately, /pol/ is the very essence of this site. Veeky Forums has never had an actually defined political ideal or anything similar, instead it's a hotbed of counter-culture.

/pol/, in its current form, will die only when its ideas become mainstream, which if things continue the way they are, might not be too far off. And when it does, they'll take up the flag of the opposition because it's simply in their nature to bring conflict. It took Veeky Forums a long time to shift from its old politics, but it wasn't from board colonization, but rather because the ideas espoused by old Veeky Forums members were hijacked by the mainstream and ran into the ground.

>nsfw sister board of /pol/
isn't /pol/ already nsfw?

Why don't they just put thread ID's and flags onto /b/? What's the point of this board?

Do you mean when people irl start liking Donald Trump instead of being neutral about it?

To use a term I don't quite think is correct but gets thrown around a lot, when populism rises and becomes a reality with a mass of supporters, /pol/ and Veeky Forums as a whole will do another shift to a different way of thinking. It was inevitable that they rose in the way they did, and it will be inevitable that they'll jump ship because they were never about having a concrete idea but the destruction of the ruling one. The agenda is one of instigating change in any way, shape, or form, not for building a stable set of ideas based on their interests. Or rather, their interest, is chaos.

>it will instead be /pol/tards discussing the movement of muh haplotypes and aryiums
i'm okay with this since it will empty out Veeky Forums of somewhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of the /pol/ retards we have here dragging down discussion

I don't think the kind of anti-semitism and race baiting you see on /pol/ will become reality in America, at least for a few decades, by then, this website will be either defunct or no one will care about it anymore like Newgrounds or Myspace..

I don't either, which is probably why the racist terms used currently were still in use back in the day. It's never been acceptable to be racist IRL since the founding of this site, so that's why it gets so much casual use here.

Nah it's retarded, prehistory is ironically still past of history. Just not the sedentary, recorded kind.

Makes no sense to have 2 history boards. I would happily see &humanities replaced by &prehistory tho.

I think you're deeply wrong in assessment of /pol/. /pol/ exists as it currently does because of the state of Western Civilization.

That is correct. When the state is orderly, strict, and constraining, places like Veeky Forums become eclectic bastions of free thought and loose morals. When the state is chaotic, diverse, and free, Veeky Forums becomes uniform and rigid. As soon as western civilization transforms back to the old ways, you'll see /pol/ and Veeky Forums as a whole rally against it again in an endless cycle of change.

Remember, a happy man rarely embraces action where as the dissatisfied become instigators. And Veeky Forums is never happy.

While that's partly true, I think the more liberal leanings of Veeky Forums past still exist even the hardcore fascists of /pol/, it is part of the attraction of Veeky Forums afterall. What they want is to be left alone by screaming SJWs and the government. You will always have a counter-culture full of contrarians but the extent that /pol/ is at and much of Veeky Forums because of it are due to the deep problems in Western civilization created by modernity and the aftermath of World World I, that is a general sense of hopelessness and meaninglessness that is pushed further by the SJW-types.

>hardcore fascists of /pol/
The vast majority are ironic larping shitposters. That being said, there is definitely a core community which has unironically fallen for the memes.

>The vast majority are ironic larping shitposters.
That's a better question. How many are actually larping shitposters? We will never know.

>If /pol/acks want to discuss prehistoric migrations of early humans, I embrace them

You do know all it's going to turn into is "muh aryan master race" and "civilization actually started in Europe!" and people making threads about modern Africa because it's "still in the stone age"

In either case I doubt your pet board would get nearly enough traffic to be worth its own board.

Tmw a containment board gets its own containment board.

>take an inactive board that's the result of division and divide it more
..."no"

Well it was originally created as a political forum but was brought back as a containment board.

>the memes

You're a fucking moron. I can only hope you get to eat your words while you watch friends and family die in Iran.
>muh containment board for things I hate
Keep calling us fascists.

And here's our first /pol/ victim. Look at him and cry.

Hanging around the Jews tends to rub off on one after a while.

And now you can see one of /pol/ users favorite defense mechanisms: using the Jews as scapegoats.

What are you, a Veeky Forums museum tour guide?

Yes
>tfw no one is interested on the /an/ gallery

I would really really like to see more boards about prehistory since its all I know about

>boards
*threads

But as another user said it's not worthwhile dividing Veeky Forums considering it's already quiet

Well I am
>tfw just left a museum of Natural History

Meh, Veeky Forums is fine for prehistory... There's not that many prehistory threads.

However, Veeky Forums and /& humanities/ both make enough posts on their own to be their own boards.

Hell, /phi/losophy and /rel/igion both make enough of their own posts to be their own boards.

I really don't understand the point of /pol2/ - yeah /pol/ is shit, but there's no practical way to stop /pol2/ from becoming shit, and it is rather unprecedented to have two boards serving the same purpose. (Unless you count /s4s/ and /b/.)

/s4s/ used to be pretty abstract and dumb but that made an interesting ecosystem which produced some gold content occasionally. Now its basically /b/ 2.0 with less users. Kind of proves your point about /pol2/ though

>40 posts of people whining about /pol/
>user makes a counterpoint
>omg look at /pol/ whine

Self awareness isn't a strange Buddhist concept user, it's something you all need to gain.
Currently there threads are
>a thread linking the JFK assassination to Zionists
>Zionists influence on LBJ
>Jewish influence in the Warren Commision and Lend Lease
>Jewish involvement in the death of Huey Long
And none of it is shitty inforgraphs. All of it sourced.

Why does leftypol want Veeky Forums to be its anti white safespace?

/b/ was the essence of Veeky Forums until /b/ got swarmed by normals. /pol/ only gained prominence because /b/ died.

It has nothing to do with degeneracy, counter culture or anything. It's literally just because old /b/ (which was never good) died.

>this is what leftypol SJWs actually believe

not being a stormfag =/= being anti white

>being a stormfag is bad
>but being a leftypol shill is okay
Fuck off, you anti white faggot

>you showed no bias towards leftypol and only said that not being a strong partisan didn't make you an opposer
>I'm going to strawman you and call you anti-white anyway

The reasoning capabilities of a /pol/fag, everyone.

Lets put it this way. Stormfag---Normalfag---SJWfag. Most people are in the middle.

>inforgraphs

Granted you're right about the Jews, but that doesn't mean being a Nazi is any more right nor does it justify what they did. It just means public attention needs to be brought to it, and and subsequently these traitors need to be expelled.

Since we're on the subect of prehistory, how badly has this book aged?

I Fully Agree with all of this.

Serious question what is the probability of some dinosaurs being contemporary to humans? I mean the dreagon myths must have come from somewhere and seeing how widespread they are it makes sense.

You'd be surprised what one can conjure up with their imagination.

Honestly I partake in it myself, would never actually believe in racist ideas, but its alot of fun. Thats the thing, you don't know who's merely pretending, and who's saying the truth. I find it strangely beautiful in its contortions with fiction and reality

Then what would you propose