Gilgamesh and Enkidu

Was it the best historical/mythological Bromance ?.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergius_and_Bacchus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who do you think topped?

>Bromance
Nah, Enkidu was just Gilgamesh's bitch.

Takeda Shingen and Uesegi Kenshin had a pretty good bromance.

DELET THIS

You can't have a bromance with an androgynous lump of clay.
Nelson and Hardy on the other hand.
>With two enemy ships pursuing him, Cockburn ordered more sail. During this operation, a topman fell overboard. The ship hove to and a boat with Hardy in it was lowered to search for the missing mariner. As the enemy ships were closing fast, Cockburn thought it prudent to withdraw, but Nelson overruled him crying "By God, I'll not lose Hardy, back that mizzen topsail!"

>Cockburn
>topman
>lowered to search for the missing mariner
>By God, I'll not lose Hardy, back that mizzen topsail

why are Brits so gay ?

Achilles and Patroclus

Then he got stab XDDDD

SUMER YES

Augustus and Agrippa were ultimate bros

Sherman and Grant during the war, not as much after

Hamilton and Washington had an almost father son kind of relationship. Jefferson and Madison.

This

From an earlier thread, Charlie brown and Franz Stigled from ww2. Not necessarily a bromance but a remarkable event and resulting friendship.

Stigler* not stigled

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergius_and_Bacchus

>bromance
>actual fucking
That's now how this works user

>This closeness led the historian John Boswell to suggest that their relationship was a romantic one; though other historians have widely rejected this theory, it has led to popular veneration of Sergius and Bacchus in the gay Christian community.
Fuckijg Americans making everything black and white

Alexander and Hephaestion

>no one mentions Gaius and Aulus

underappreciated bromance

>It's old so it's good
>The oldest story has a friendship, thus this is the best friendship

>he hasn't read the epic
GIRUGAMESH

Sorry m8 I only know about Girugamesshu because of Fate/stay night
I ain't gonna read a 5000-year old epic poem just because it's part of "world heritage" and shit.

>Gaius and Aulus
two dear men

>Bromance
It was gaymance. They actually fucked.

>Tfw you will never overthrow the greatest empire in the world with your kick-ass bff

>goes on Veeky Forums
>insults the epic of gilgamesh
>hasn't read it
What the fuck are you doing man

may the friendship of these two ordinary bromans live on forever

Enkidu was the hero until he died you twerp, Gilgamesh was just there for his strength. Go read it, with special attention to how Enkidu leads the trip to slay, and the slaying of, Humbaba. Or his far more prominent role in the slaying of the Bull.
It's better than the Iliad/Odyssey, and shorter. It is also much more interesting structure- and plot-wise.

I'm interested to buy the book.
From what I read it seems like the Dragon Ball of the ancient world, in a good way ofc

good god man, the oldest written story reminds you of a shitty chinese cartoon made for children?

Darmok and Jalad at Tenagra

No need to sperg out, cuck

did he strike a nerve?

>shitty chinese cartoon made for children
this meme of shitting on anime in a website built around otaku culture is old and obsolete

My favorite story was when the Hojo put an embargo on supplies going to Kai, chiefest of which was salt.

The Uesugi, the rivals of the Takeda, then sent salt to Kai and Kenshin Uesugi wrote that wars should be won on the battlefield and that he "doesn't fight with salt, but with sword."

Gilgamesh is a power-bottom.

this

Another Roman bromance.

It is said Kenshin cried when he learned about Shingen's death

who of the two is Gilgamesh?

>"The feud between them became legendary, and they faced each other on the battlefield five times in the Battles of Kawanakajima. These battles were generally confined to controlled skirmishes, neither daimyƍ willing to devote himself entirely to a single all-out attempt. The conflict between the two that had the fiercest fighting, and might have decided victory or defeat for one side or the other, was the fourth battle, during which the famous tale arose of Uesugi Kenshin's forces clearing a path through the Takeda troops and Kenshin engaging Shingen in single combat. The tale has Kenshin attacking Shingen with his sword while Shingen defends with his iron war fan or tessen."

>you will never experience this