Klu Klux Klan

Anybody have any good and unbiased books/documentaries on the KKK?
I'm seriously interested in this group from a ideologically neutral standpoint.

For the sake of the thread, are there any examples as to where the Klan did "honest" vigilante work, as opposed to just racist murder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youwereliedtoabout.com/nbf.htm
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/john-zerzan-rank-and-file-radicalism-within-the-ku-klux-klan-of-the-1920s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clansman:_A_Historical_Romance_of_the_Ku_Klux_Klan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really, they were just butthurt southern dixies. That being said, the various iterations of the KKK (5 in total iirc?) are pretty fascinating. The first one failed hard and was widely condemned, it's the second one of the early 20s which grew immensely popular.

I know about the first Klan, Reconstruction-era Dixie and all that.
Second Klan had million of members and was just as strong in the north as it was in the South IIRC.

It's mission statement was "to shield the sanctity of the home and the chastity of womanhood; to maintain white supremacy; to teach and faithfully inculcate a high spiritual philosophy through an exalted ritualism; and by a practical devotedness to conserve, protect and maintain the distinctive institutions, rights, privileges, principles and ideals of a pure Americanism"
and all you ever hear about is the white supremacy bit.

I know for example in 1979 they fought a bunch of Communists, so they clearly had a political bent outside of white supremacy, and i wanted to see where else it manifested.
supposedly there was conflict between them and the IWW.

Civil rights / Kennedy era Klan got shat on hard because its leader was basically a conman. When the congress hearings on klan's doings was on and klan leaders used same constitutional protections to not incriminate themselves as communists they lost nearly all support. Patriotism and fighting commies were a big thing for many klan supporters but they weren't any better than commies.

yeah, Third Klan was shit by Klan standards, it's all alphabet organization honeypots, and foreign ideologies like Neo-Nazism and Fascism.

numbers of course reflect this, 2nd Klan had perhaps 6,000,000 members, 3rd Klan has at most 8,000.

>neo-nazism isn't American
Just look at their speeches
Eg missippi burning speech scene
>we reject papists because they bow to a Roman dictator

>>neo-nazism isn't American
It's a German ideology as near as I can tell
Then again, 'pan-Germanic' might be a more appropriate label, and it's not like the Klan was all for the Constitution concerning black voting rights and religion regarding Jews and Catholics.

Birth of a Nation. Probably the most historically accurate documentary in the first klan.

Why did they wear the mast?

Neo nazism is American
Nazisim is german

To spook black people

Cuz they WUZ weak and shit and didn't want to be known even tho all da crackas hate us

to make themselves look like the ghosts of confederate soldiers i was told

Bro that movie is biased as fuck. It's considered important for artistic reasons

Perhaps they're wondering why someone would shoot a nigger before burning him on a cross

*hang a nigger
Not even a good negroe is worth a bullet

>1st Klan

A dumb fraternity that got WAY out of hand. Wound up turning into a loose coalition of ex-Confederate soldiers, run-of-the-mill criminals, and Democrats looking to muscle their way back into power, when they weren't killing each other that is. Some chapters even supposedly took in Native Americans and freedmen who sided with their former masters (I'll leave the citation below). Their sole unifying influence was a hatred of the U.S. Government, Northerners, and Reconstruction (American handling of Reconstruction was even more bungled than Iraq if you can believe it).

>2nd Klan

Definitely closer to the Klan we all know and love/hate today. Jump-started after the release of Birth of a Nation, although they dropped the Yankee-bashing and took up Jew/Catholic/immigrant-bashing to broaden appeal. This fanboyism that got so way out of hand even the author of the Clansman, the book that Birth of a Nation is based on, Thomas Dixon Jr., was horrified at the new Klan (he specifically disliked the fact they were anti-Semitic, which the 1st Klan wasn't). This Klan was by far, the most successful of the three and even extended into the North (Detroit had 40,000 members). This Klan largely fizzled out because of the Great Depression. A little strange, considering they were more popular than the Nazis at their height, and the Nazis managed to capitalize on the Great Depression to seize power.

>3rd Klan

Basically Civil Rights-era butthurt. Not much to say about them. Weren't very popular, and even less successful. Pretty much useful idiots the FBI used as their secret hit squad against Civil Rights activists.

>4th Klan?

Supposedly all the Klan chapters are being reunited but who knows?

article on the Klan that isn't just mindless muh ebil whitey bullshit

youwereliedtoabout.com/nbf.htm

Citation

(Elaine Frantz Parsons, "Midnight Rangers: Costume and Performance in the Reconstruction-Era Ku Klux Klan". Journal of American History 92.3 (2005): page 816).

By the 70s I'm pretty sure they were heavily infiltrated by the Feds. The Klan hasn't been a relevant thing in a long, long time outside of certain groups like the SPLC using them as a convenient bogeyman.

COINTELPRO had throughly infected the Klan with informers by the mid-60s.

Often, they would play the Klan and Civil Rights Movement off on each other by aggressively encouraging the Klan to murder prominent NAACP activists, pinning the blame exclusively on them, and using it to justify a crackdown. The killings of Viola Liuzzo, CORE activists in Mississippi, and the Greeensboro massacre all had Federal law enforcement agents or informers directly tied to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. Army ran a similar operation against the 1st Klan in the 1860s. It would explain why former Confederate officers like Nathan Bedford Forrest and John B. Gordon were allegedly involved with it, and yet were never punished (involvement with the Klan could've gotten them executed for inciting insurrection).

they run these kinds of ops on everything

isis is a good example of this

I'm certain that virtually all major terrorist organizations within and outside of the United States are either directly controlled by or under the influence at least one of the three letter agencies.

This explains why so many minor plots seem to fail and major ones seem to be successful.

>nobody has yet to recommend a good Klan documentary

They were right all along.

When defending your people and culture is considered a bad thing, you end up like the native Americans.

Whites are the only stupid motherfuckers on the planet allowing their nations to be overrun by foreign cultures and ethnic groups.

thanks for this

>Birth of a Nation
That movie is a drama, not a documentary at all. Doesn't necessarily mean it is "inaccurate" but to call it a documentary is bullshit. It's no more a documentary than that Lincoln movie with Daniel Day Lewis.

thanks for that awesome book recommendation

IIRC correctly there are 3 different eras of KKK

the one right after the civil war where they were more a fraternal organization that you are probably thinking of....

The second era was right around 1920s or so that sprouted as a result of the influx of southern/eastern european immigrants

and the last era is the 1950s/1960s bottom feeder mouth breather lynching/murdering anti-black intelligentsia we most frequent think of as the KKK

>It's a German ideology

This is what happens when poltards spill in here. Your a fucking idiot, probably a high school drop out

>tfw you'll never be visited by your friendly neighborhood ghosts

th Klan?

Meth dealers, mainly, aren't they?

Or is that just the Aryan Brotherhood? Is there any clear distinction?

>Your

There is a lack of general history of the Klan.

All the works on the subject are either skindeep or the writers have already decided - and they usually state so in the introduction - what is their opinion on the subject and their 'research' reflects this: ignoring everything that might change their predetermined views. No academic work is possible with such attitude.

You might take a look at Wade's 'The Fiery Cross' and Maclean's 'Behind the Mask of Chivalry', but alas, they both concentrate on the second iteration and are subject to flaws I wrote. Very recent work is Parson's Ku-Klux: 'The Birth of the Klan during Reconstruction' and it is actually quite decent, but not detailed enough, especially conserning people involved.
Plain fact is that there is no 'apologist' or even objective written history on the subject that isn't complete trash, like a typical /po/ reply.

I remember watching a doco where a Klansman told some Neo-Nazis that a black reporter was allowed in to the field they were doing their ceremony in because the klansman owned the field and "This was America, not Hiltler's Germany..."

Also the classic Dave Chappelle sketch.

They were pretty big guys

Thanks friend

Check this out, my friend:
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/john-zerzan-rank-and-file-radicalism-within-the-ku-klux-klan-of-the-1920s

>theanarchistlibrary
fuck off with your antifa propaganda

I don't know about books or documentary but I doubt if there can be an unbiased one. The political climate today cannot allow you take a stance not critical on them.

So I would look for pro KKK sources for a change

> That pic

FRIEND OF THE LITTLE MAN

They used similar divide and conquer tactics on the Black Panthers as well

No they were completely immoral, hypocritical terrorists, and it was a great day when President Grant sent in the troops to hinder their curtailment of black's rights; leading to the fairest elections held until the civil rights act.

This book almost single-handedly caused the revival of the Klan in the 1910s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clansman:_A_Historical_Romance_of_the_Ku_Klux_Klan

For you

A E S T H E T I C

>southern
Uh huh, okay...

fucking nigger wearing flashy robes and rave hoods. At least the face is covered so we don't have to suffer the sight of his brainless gaze

Birth of a nation is a great and unbiased movie about it, I suggest you watch that.

Why are you so upset by it?

Title: Klu klux klan

They don't like black people.

Fade to black roll credits.

this is precisely the pseudo-history that plagues these topics

How so?

boiling them down to "we hate niggers" really only holds with the Third Klan

Reconstruction era Klan had much to do with the social dynamic between Republicans and Democrats in the South, the Second Klan had much to do with hyper-Americanism outside of just being white supremacist.

git fukn lrned

Never said they didn't do that

>Title: Klu klux klan
>They don't like black people.
>Fade to black roll credits.
so you're aware this is a shitpost?

Nope. I'm aware the only other person on the internet besides me thinks it is, though.

what did he mean by this?

>Klu Klux Klan
>Klu

Argh, you're right, my bad. I forget people can link to posts mistakenly.

The entire reason the second one was able to grow like it did was because it wasn't as primarily based on darkie hatin' as the Klans before or after. It was focused as well on the idea of preserving American WASP culture from threats that were seen as encroaching on, and a threat to, that culture: Catholic and Jewish immigrants from Europe, the ethnic/religious tensions those immigrants brought, the loss of jobs to those immigrants by middle and lower class whites and what was seen as loosening morals due to increases in things like gambling, adultery and divorce were the main aims of the second Klan and when campaigning on that as opposed to "ALL NIGGERS MUST HANG" it becomes a highly effective means of recruitment.