Why did U.S.A and Canada end up two separate countries ? I know just the states in U.S...

Why did U.S.A and Canada end up two separate countries ? I know just the states in U.S.A can differ alot from each other. But isn't canada almost like the northern states of usa `?So how come they ended up a seperate country from eachother-?

read a book nigger

aesthetic borders

culturally we're quite different. we were historically tied to the British and only really hastily formed as a country in response to the American civil war ending as a defensive measure for their new military industrial complex that was still itching for a fight.

Sage

>culturally we're quite different
Not really though? I mean obviously we're not identical but we're closer to it than any other country in the world. In reality we're basically a frontier nation gathering resources to sell to America.

Canada is the containment country for French people.

>culturally we're quite different.

No more different than different parts of the U.S., though.

then what would the point of / his/ be, faggot.

Somebody's got to contain the quebecois. God bless Canada

that isn't really justification to be part of the U.S though..Our governments are very different, based on the Brits, we have our own Charter.. Come across the border and see what its like here.

A sage isn't a downvote ledditor

this is not a troll thread btw, as in im an american trolling about canada. I'm genuinely curious.

Obviously to shitpost history memes and discuss shallow alternate history scenarios.

The difference between Texas and New York is bigger than the difference between Wisconsin and Manitoba

Canada is essentially a satrap of America

We tried to take Quebec and lost

Just why isn't Alaska part of Canada. We look like fucking cucks with those borders.

This desu. It's not even like that's a bad thing; we have arguably the strongest nation on earth as our bff and they protect our continent. We harvest the vast wealth of Canada and sell it to America for a good price and in return they keep us safe and take all the negative press that enforcing the Pax Americana entails, and they don't annex us.

>tfw America will never have Greenland and strangle the life force out of Canada until it is forced into the union

In terms of consumer culture we're more like America. In terms of political culture we're more like Britain.