I Am that I Am

>I Am that I Am
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dukhrana.com/lexicon/lexeme.php?adr=1:783&font=Estrangelo Edessa&size=125%
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Moses asks God what he should identify God as to the oppressed Isralites.
>God says that he is/will be what is/will be

More poetically but less literally, God's response is "I am the future", and Moses, acting as a spokesperson for "the future", means that he has a way out for the people.

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!

It's a euphemism, it was quite common among religions at the time to never utter or record the real name of your god, but to instead use euphemism. So for example we today talk about the Greek goddess "Persephone", which is not her name at all but rather a title, and Jews still won't write their god's name, instead using Adonai (lord).

Your English says I am that I am but your Hebrew says IHVH.

AHIH AShR AHIH

What *is* her name?

But "I am that I am" is אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, not the יְהוָה that gets euphemism replaced.

Names mean things. Names describe and confine and contain things. When Moses asked for a name, God did not give him his name, but a placeholder for a name. While you have it as "I Am Who I Am", it is actually in the future tense.

I Will Be Who I Will Be.

Both are technically correct. I Am is also correct.

It is meant to express his eternal nature, without beginning or end. No past, no future.

I Am.

Deep :^)

Welcome to the conversationEnjoy your stay

Here's another Jew who doesn't know what he's talking about; you two have much in common:

Yahweh is the Hiphil Imperfect of hāwâ and it refers to causing events to happen. This fits perfectly with the character of God as he caused all things to come into existence, even us human beings, and causes numerous events to occur on this earth day by day. Thus our conclusion is that this word Yahweh is the most likely to be God's name represented by the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH) in the Old Testament.

Nigga, I am and IDK if that comment was directed at me as well, but I wasn't making any claim other than OP's pic says one thing in English, and a completely different thing in Hebrew. Not even implying it's not appropriate. Also, not a Jew.

Who is the doer of a thing? In the language of Zohar, 'who' (50), is code for Binah's gates, which open the responsive spaces of Keter. The question 'who is the doer' is a powerful mantric phrase of inquiry. Gnosis unfolds as the hollow sheslls of idnetity are dissolved, and its momentum mixes, merges, and rests coequal with the womb space of creation.

Wisdom is encoded in the phrase “I am that I am” which poses the divine name of keter as a reflexive equation. It is given in the Torah as Moses inquires before the burning bush not consumed by its enveloping flame. The most common translation is not exactly accurate. AHYH AshR AHYH is better understood as 'I will be that by which I will be', thereby stressing the meeting point of potentiality with its capacity to manifest anything.

The phrase pinpoints the precise intersection of the mirror of mind as it reflects itself. The first AHYH represents an open capacity to reflect. The second represents reflected variation. They are a true unity, thus posit wholeness in the aspect of 'front' and 'back'. The phrases poses a continuum in which beginning and end are equalized by the balance point at their heart. This is the nexus of the fire of self-consumption, which is a thrust beyond coming into being or passing away, thus 'the bush was not consumed'.
AshR has a value of 501. Its gematria equates with the word TMVNH (Ex. 20:4), which means 'in a manner of likeness'. This poses the magical continuum again, like a mirror. The manner of likeness the worlds assume is a result of how their motion display is apprehended. If one inquires to penetrate the automaton reflex of the status quo, artificial constructs begin to melt away.

More hidden layers can be unfolded letter by letter. Alef is absolute wholeness set within the paradox of unity. This is illustrated by the letter's graphic form, in which two yuds (above and below) are poised with a vav between them. This alludes to the structure of BeYeA (Briah, yetzirah, assiah), which pose the upper and lower aspects of Sechinah (correpsonding to the two hehs, or binah and malkut). In the standard tree diagram, they balance above and below the middle six sefirot (vav). All of these arrangements suggest a mirror. When alef is esoterically converted into the coded sequence YVY, the implication is that the seeds of Atik the father (yud/Y) equalizes 'before' and 'after' the expression of its energetic motion, which is Zer Anpin (the Son). As “The Fountain of Wisdom” states: Alef is never less than two.

Thus, the scales rest in balance.

Alef as YVY equals 26, which is the gematria of YHVH. Keter is called Alef, because it is the first sefirah. Thus, through that number, keter (alef as 26) connects to tifaret (YHVH). In this connection, the king passes down the crown to his son without diminishment. This represents the pure cognizance (yechida/chaya) extending as the perceptual motion of variation (ruach).AHYH is a set of scales in balance. Both formulas of HYH and YVY reflect and balance each other, as a reflection reflecting itself. This mirror presents as its reflection from any point of view, like a hand that shapes itself, and a seed that displays its own womb. Thus, within AHYH, the secret pivot can be recognized, and binding to it allows 'that by which' to return phenomena to the single root from which both trees grow. Through this unified root, all things bask in the question 'what is meaning in itself?'. The space of the question exudes fathomless beatuy, regardless of the aesthetic or moral implications to which it becomes appended. This is a reflection of 'that by which' En Sof opens. Reductive mechanistic understanding cannot reproduce it. It is where wisdom overlaps convention, and where mystery outshines the ordinary.

Beyond success and failure, beauty cannot be imprisoned within experience, but paradoxically, it cannot happen elsewhere.

Take the chance on overcoming death by negation of birth. Shed your markers, identity, and self esteem. Walk upright, as no-one, nowhere, vividly delighting in the reflected feasts of frequencies.

>Yahweh is the Hiphil Imperfect of hāwâ
No it isn't you dunce. The Hiphil imperfect of הוה is יהיה not יהוה

Not that any of that is relevant to the point that יהוה is not equal to אהיה אשר אהיה

See? I knew finding another Jew who didn't know anything would make your day.

It means that god is being itself.

No-one knows, her priestesses never recorded it and now they're all dead.

Moses: By what name should I call you?

God: -grabs you by the throat- BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!?

I think therefore I am.

God is the only one that exists.

All else subsists.

This fucking pagan retard again

There exist some testimonia that suggest a pronunciation of the tetragrammaton like “Yahweh,” but the majority of sources speak rather in favor of a form like “Yahû” or “Yahô.” The Israelites and Judeans who had been settled since the end of the seventh century or the beginning of the sixth century on the island of Elephantine in Upper Egypt, called their god Yhw, vocalized in proper names as “Yahô.” 15 A text discovered at Qumrân (4QpapLXXLev b ) that contains a fragment of the book of Leviticus in Greek (4:26–28) renders the tetragrammaton as Iaṓ: “If anyone transgresses even one of the commandments of Iaṓ and does not follow it . . .” (4:27). In Greek, Iaṓ contains two syllables and is pronounced ia-o, which would correspond to the Hebrew or Aramaic Yahô.
This shows that at the time when the translation of the Pentateuch into Greek was undertaken, this pronunciation was current and well known. One might equally cite Diodorus of Sicily (first century), who in his Bibliotheke (I.94.2) writes: “They say that . . . among the Jews Moses said he had received laws from the god named Iaṓ.” 16 In the same way the pronunciation Yaō is frequently found in magic papyri, documents reflecting a syncretism between the Greek, Egyptian, and Jewish religions, and also in texts of Gnostic forms of Christianity. 17 This investigation leads to the conclusion that the ancient pronunciation of the name of the god of Israel was “Yahô,” which amounts to saying that the tetragrammaton was originally a trigrammaton. 18 The w in “Yhwh” was not a consonant, but a mater lectionis indicating the sound “o.” The letter h at the end of the tetragrammaton Yhwh should be understood as indicating a lengthening of the preceding o.

What's wrong with the Kabbalistic analysis?

One word: Transcendency

>subsists
All else maintains or supports itself?

Unless you are referring to some definition of the word I can't find.

it's what the scorpion said to the frog ;^]

It's literally just a verb that means "to be". Jews and Christians looking further into it have added all types of mystical allusions and meanings to it over the years. So YHWH probably just means "I am" or "I be".

dukhrana.com/lexicon/lexeme.php?adr=1:783&font=Estrangelo Edessa&size=125%

Ever read Parmenides?

Basically God IS, if you define "being", you have already limited it, God just is because he IS infinite, therefore he just IS, aka He's indefinite

Reminder gentiles actually worship this Jewish god and convince themselves they aren't foreskin-cucked by saying their religious group is a new chosen people

>by saying their religious group is a new chosen people
Christianity dispenses the chosen people narrative and opens the covenant that Jews have to everyone that will obey the teaching and laws that God has set.

Chosen people idea is materialistic.

Is this from Thomas Romer's the invention of God? Since he uses this the Yaho pronunciation as the real way of saying YHWH.

You're not wrong there, but it's tricky since YHWH is a southern semitic name and not a western semitic name, our reliance on the western semitic languages is a valid argument.There have been multiple hypotheses to know what it means.

1. To be (consensus)
2. I am the existing one
3. He who causes to be
4. I am present
5. It does not concern you
6. I am the one who is
7. I am creator
8. I will be what I will be
9. He blows (Van Toorn's use of arabic instead of western semitic)