Why didn't the Jews pick up the shovel and work for a living like Saint Aquinas wanted?

Why didn't the Jews pick up the shovel and work for a living like Saint Aquinas wanted?

1: Italians started banking too and didn't get 'that' much shit for it so they just decided to continue
2: Jews couldn't own land in much of Western Europe

Aquinas himself was so fat he needed a specially built desk to accommodate his belly. Maybe he should have picked up a shovel occasionally himself.

>ad hominem
Is that the best you got, Shlomo?

Because outside of their kingdoms jews are lazy fucks who literally believe they shouldnt do hard labor.

they did, but it didn't last very long

This was only true of Europe where Jews were forced into that position. In Islamic countries they could, and did, engage in many professions. For example, I come from a family of cobblers, diamond merchants, carpenters, laborers, etc.

catholics believed usury was a sin, so they couldn't do it themselves. they roped jews, who did not share this religious restriction, into it, and they made it difficult for jews to do any other kind of work.

full disclosure: I heard this somewhat indirectly so I don't have a source

More exactly, it is that usury (lending with interest) is technically a sin if conducted with a fellow Christian or a Jew. Lending to non-believers was perfectly fine, however. So Jews not only were money lenders, but functioned as intermediaries as well.

You mad, wage-goy?

Ad hominem is a perfectly valid refutation of an argument from authority.

thanks.

if my what I read is accurate, it's quite a bit deeper than I'm making it sound, too. when catholics were engaging in usury too often, the church would send representatives to preach about how the usurers were going to hell, and I think they weren't allowed to be buried in catholic cemetaries

>leading catholic theologians says Jews shouldn't do usery
>doezens of popes condemning it
>yet somehow Catholics forced them to do it
Is this sjw history for dummies?

>Catholics are hypocrites

Is that really too difficult to understand?

>I've never heard of things like Jewish tailors, carpenters, and gemworkers.

>argument is bullshit
>Nah man Jews dindu nuffin, itz all Catholics fault
The eternal Jew strikes again.

The "argument" you're calling bullshit is just a description of what literally happened.

Except that "argument" clearly is bullshit. The fact is that goy like the Medici had no problems banking and Jews weren't compelled to lend usury. They chose to withtheir own initiative just like today. the talMUD even says Jews can lend money to goy with interest.

You're an idiot. Not only are you confusing totally different time periods, you apparently believe the Medici banks didn't charge interest. Just stop posting.

Medeci did charge interest. That's the point. Europeans COULD charge interest if they really wanted to.

Jews believe us goyim exist only to work for them, so they don't work themselves.

>an accusation of hypocrisy is ad hominem
Just because it's rude doesn't mean the argument made is void.