Why are waiters so full of themselves they make like 40k a year

why are waiters so full of themselves they make like 40k a year

They lie about their income. In reality, they're struggling.

>these people don't understand cash tipped jobs make the best cover for drug dealers and a ton of restaurants are fronts anyway

probably dead inside from dealing with assholes all day every day day in day out.

working in the service industry is worse than prostitution because you cannot tell assholes to fuck off, you just have to take their shit.

They are just acting. They have to act that way for their job and to keep their sanity. I can't imagine being 25+ and having to work as a waiter.

Why not just run laundromats? They're a lot less work.

Because they can spit/cum on your food if they don't like you.

The hot waitresses that I know make like $20 an hour on an average night.

The real problem is getting more hours, not getting paid well for the hours you work.

because they have to deal with cunts like you everyday

ive met waiters that make like 80k

granted they blow it all because theyre waiters lol

Im a waiter, used to just work so i can buy weed but now i work so i can buy crypto

And weed

at really expensive places the waiters/servers can make $50-100k and usually need atleast 4 years of fine dining experience before they can apply at those jobs so not always bad. What is a lot worse is being over 25 and being a fucking dishwasher. but I guess it is a bit subjective. even at the really nice place though the dishwasher is still making usually way less than 15 per hour.

It's the only way to not kill themselves. You convince yourself you're important and do important work and do it well. What you're really doing is being a servant for strangers, who for the most part, don't really give a shit about all the little nuances and quirks of your routine. Ideal service is when you get everything you need with minimal interruption, distraction, and interaction from the server. Servers have to find a way to cope with the reality that they could be replaced by a touch screen and a wheeled robot, and the customers would be much happier.

Dunno, seems every mafia/cartel higher up does restaurants. Laundromats seem more of an Asian thing. And nigs love fake sales/production companies lol just my experiences

$50k-100k is still a shitty life when you factor in the embarrassment of being a 25+ year old waiter

I worked as a waiter, its a pretty lax job when its quiet. It really depend on your team, if your managers are cunts and your co-workers are also cunts then it's miserable.

Being a waiter is one of the most stressful jobs out there because its one of those jobs with the highest levels of demand but lowest levels of control.

Usually if you work in luxury restaurants you get the cunt customers and co-workers, but thats where the real money is made for being waiter.

why is it embarassing to be a waiter in your world

This... I'm a waiter make 30k. Each day I die more.

Waiter here.
I make 100 bucks a day on a good day and that usually requires working double shifts. If it's just a lunch I'm lucky to make 40 bucks.
I'm a full time student, so I don't work that much, usually just 3 days a week. So I hope and pray that I make 300 a week. Multiply that by 4 weeks in a month and I make 1200 a month. Times 12 months in a year and I'm looking at 14,400 dollars a year.

That's it. That's all I make, while going to school full time, paying rent, having a car payment and insurance and all that other stuff. Fuck off, we're poor as shit and most waiters hate their lives and abuse drugs and alcohol. I don't know a single coworker who doesn't get wasted after every shift.

Janitors can make over $200k a year and they don't have to deal with customers.

No they can't.

It's an attractive job for passive aggressive types. Knew a guy who kept extra salt shakers in his apron. Started off with msg in a shaker since it looked like salt and legit made food tastes much richer. He hoped it would give people headaches but that hardly panned out.

He grew seemingly immune or blind to the effects people his age (gen x) insulting him. He hated kids and boomers though. He kept two shakers, one with flakes of lead (corrode white and look like salt), hoping it would give kids retardation. Kids often ordered sweet sodas or desserts, especially if he pushed them too. Lead tastes sweet to the human palette, but I don't recall many kids annoying him to that level.

Boomers pissed him off bad though, their requests and outright abuse left him with a loathing. They got aluminum flakes, which he swore would cause alzheimers.

I never at at that restaurant, and discouraged my mom from doing the same by saying they had rats.

what the fuck am I reading

Janitors in my city make around $500k a year.

i want to sue you

xd hwere's what waiters really do

>make less than minimum wage
>only declare a little bit of tips and keep the rest
>employer has to pay the difference so they make minimum wage

OR

>make less than minimum wage
>get shittons of money from tips (40-60 USD and hour)
>only declare some
>employer still has to pay the difference

Nice get

I convinced him to stop with the lead, but he went full tard with the aluminum. Pretend hurting boomers is better than legit fucking kids, so I don't report him.

That and his one uncle is a white english teacher in japan so he's my pipeline for the GOOD hentai.

that's so fucked up

>Work 12-24 hours a week making up to $25 an hour for carrying a few plates
>Meanwhile people at McDonald's hope to make half that
>Thinks he's entitled to more because he has uni bills to pay and alcohol because he's sad:'(
This is why folks

I would do literally anything for 100k

>pipeline for the GOOD hentai
gosh you guys are more pathetic than I thought

Look up "Body Builders Against Tipping" on Facebook, it's a troll page but it's full of dumb waiters and it's hilarious

>40k a year
>as a waiter
>and that's considered little money

Man, I know America's expensive, but shit
After a taxes, a teacher makes like €16k here, and that's enough to afford a lower middle class life
For 40k after tax you'd be considered moderately rich, and you sure as hell wouldn't reach that as a waiter

they're all A-list Hollywood actors on the side
that's why

And you didn't stop him why? Hope your kid/parents get fucking poisoned for being needy at a restaurant you asshole.

That's assuming people are coming in and buying food. Good luck with that if you're stuck in nigger/immigrant ville.

They make that much? Shit man.

I'm in the wrong gig. I have a MA, I'm a teacher, and I don't make that much :(

I just want a way out where I can have disposable income. I thought crypto was that ticket. Instead im 30% down this week

I'm a waiter in times square. At least 40k a year. I'm a good server but not proud of it. It's just the dumbest easiest money possible with no fucking requirements. Servers bitch about getting stiffed but then they brag about their 30%-100% tip. Servers are the worst.

I also drink 5/7 nights a week because it's so stupid.

This is why I can't wait until robots take over service jobs. Passive-aggressive shits deserve to live on the street.

If ever there was a case of someone deserving to lose everything.

because they are aspiring actors/artists/whatever that think they are eventually going to make it big.

You're delusional, most waiters I have worked with are 25+. Given this was at the nicest restaurant in my city