$100k to Invest

I have $100k just sitting in my bank account. Thinking about investing in stocks, not interested in crypto. Give me some ideas. 25% of profit goes to the mind behind the best idea.

buy 21 bitcoinz

Whatever you buy, make sure you post in a thread saying you bought 100k

nice just bought 100k

Just put it in relatively stable stocks that pay dividends, $100,000 in KO will get you $833 every 3 months

VTSMX and check back in 30 years

enjoy retirement

What kind of time horizon are you looking for? What is your risk appetite? How many different companies do you want to buy into with 100K? How do you feel about dividends? Also you know total return given that stocks currently get preferred tax status after 1 year 1 day but if you are actively trading you can make enough trading that th profit outweighs the tax benefit of holding. If you don't mind the dividends JCAP ( Jernigan Capital) is great, it owns/ finances self storage in nicer areas, the facilities are climate controlled. Winnebago industries has excellent profit margins and continues to grow, Domino's Pizza ( yes seriously) has historically beaten thr big Tech companies and is still growing and using a franchise split model for Europe that has worked for Coca-Cola in the past to bring in money. I can go on if you want me to.

Everyone are investing in ETF SPDR, or blue chip nowadays. It is pretty boring.

PepsiCo is a better buy/bet than KO because coke has already done all their cost cutting and Pepsi owns snack foods.

The Children's Place, TJMax, and Ross keep growing, both at the expense of other stores dying and organic growth.

I did Net-Net investing in the past. I bought like 50 stocks and made 20% annually. It was a lot of work. Now, I'm looking for 5-10 stocks that has some kind of protection considering DOW just hit all time high. We all know that's not going to last forever.

if you don't have any idea about stocks i suggest you get it through variable insurance. it's a pussy approach to investing but it's also the safest. get bonds instead of stocks. slow and steady wins the race.
however, if you're into risky stuff, then go stocks.

This.

Also the fact that soda is slowly but surely being drunk less and less, which will hurt KO far more than PepsiCo

I'm pretty skeptical in retail business. Especially when the P/B ratio is really high.

OK OP, here's what you do: crypto-based gambling tokens that pay dividends. Wagerr, Edgeless, Etheroll are the bigger ones to my knowledge.

Split 30/30/30 and leave the rest in BTC as a buffer/play money.

If the project allows it, set up a masternode. Wagerr definitely has MNs, but only max 2000, not sure about the others. Run the MNs on a VPS. Let all this shit just sit for some years and gain userbases/traffic. You will thank me in about 5 years. This applies to anykne, actually, not just OP.

Tips in BTC, thank you kindly.
1Bx451fudK5pggpUwaFZ83F82NzJ2VWx28

>Etheroll
My knowledge for Crypto is limmitted to buying drugs on deepweb.

Assuming you're not a felon... Registered transferrable machineguns, especially like iconic ones. They're all at least 30 years old now, very finite supply and they steadily increase in value unlike most objects.

Fair warning the best stuff like colt m16s are already 30k a pop... Avoid dealer samples as they are worth less and acoid a hard cutoff date.

The Children's Place
Quest Diagnostic
Alibaba
Tmobile
Nike
Wendy's
PepsiCo
Jernigan Capital ( Replace with Realty Income/ Mid American Apartments if desired)
Jack Henry
Berkshire Hathaway ( undervalued currently)
Another easy method of getting stock ideas is looking at what the small/ mid cap etf's are holding and doing a bit of research, the long term ratings from the Street are usually okay indicators.

Coming from a person who usually only buy value and not growth. How can I change my mindset?

Buy the S&P500

plant a black walnut grove

many millions return cya in 30 years

Early days/main usage has given it all a bad rep, I guess. It'll wash off eventually.

Now, I know OP said "not interested in crypto", but I think he's doing hjmself a disservice by allowing something so potentially lucrative to pass him by because it's crypto. Gambling and betting is a huge market - you want to be there when it makes the leap to a wholly new platform.

Well with a long term horizon there are some small/midcap value plays, Sanderson Farms and Nike are. I have a strong feeling Kroger will rebound. My advice is to use the same fundamental analysis and due diligence into any stock, and remember that over the long term most businesses are profitable and the value of the stockwill rise.

>I know you said no crypto but buy 100k crypto
biz in a nutshell

I'll have a fairly large sum in the beginning of 2017 and feel like I can put about 20-30 k in crypto, how would I go about doing this? I currently use a mid grade work laptop with an integrated processor, would I need to buy a dedicated computer for this? How easy would it be to do this if I don't know much about mining? Will/should it be lucrative in that time?

I was there several times when a lot of crypto were stolen from the deep web. Haven't touch it since then.

>so potentially lucrative
>crypto
the only way it would be lucrative is if OP built his own crypto network or wrote blogs for suckers like you. yes, cryptography for data transfer is good. no, there is no inherent value in the coins/tokens. being an early adopter of a "new platform" is a fucking gimmick; as soon as it's scaled up it's easier and cheaper to reproduce. you're not buying a share of a company developing that platform.

dont touch anything and get that money in cash, you dont wanna have money in banks during the wanna cry virus and shit flying around. Thats just me anyway

Antshares

buy nvidia you fools. it will hit $235 a share once it reports earnings and street is btfo.

send my share of profits in eth to 0x428a5B7Fc7b45883f8476415EAc42F8945a46c86

What a lot of shit advice.

Listen OP.
Whatever you do, do NOT invest your 100k at once. Why? Because nobody in the world, I don't care if you're Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffett, nobody knows if a stock is gonna go upwards, downwards, sideways or in fucking circles.

So what do?
Make a plan. Let's say we make a 3 year plan.
Divide your 100k by 3 years and then 12 months.
Thats 2777 a month.

Create a portfolio of like 5 ETF's that spread your exposure geographically and sectorwise.
For example: iShares Emerging Markets, a S&P 500 ETF, Europe Dividend Fund ETF, whatever. Find some that you're comfortable with.

Now on day 1 of your plan you invest about 3k in number 1 in your list. A month later you invest about 3k in the number 2 in your list. Month later you invest 3k in number 3 on your list, etc.
Until you've invested the full 100k in about 3 years, spread out over time and thus over different price levels. If you're lucky you may even buy into a massive crash, who knows, just let time tell you and don't try to time the markets.

You will receive dividend now and then. Make a plan for that as well.
Everytime your cash from dividend reaches 3k you invest in the next ETF on your list.

If you do this for the coming years it will guarantee wins.
You will not double your money in a year or whatever, but it will dollar-cost-average your investments and give you a decent diversification in your portfolio.

If you want I can look for some value/fundamental stocks for you but cheat sheet is Berkshire Hathaway/ BAC/PepsiCo/Kroger/Valero ( separated from other oil because of the permian basin)

I have good feelings about McCormick/Chub/ Yum/

Incidentally I don't actually want any money even if you take my advice.

set up a drip with a casual blue chip stock.. is this rocket science? never touch the principal. 100k isn't alot.

bingo

Basically, buy into anything all at once not only diminishes your purchasing power but participates in "market timing".

You're going to run into months where it was worse or better to buy into anything. By spreading out your entry into the market, over time, you'll on average avoid spots where certain things were too high and be able to participate in spots where they were undervalued.

This would also allow you to determine which investments are winners or losers over the years, get out, and reinvest where it counts.

Putting it all in at once would be foolish. You can probably be more aggressive than dividing it up by 36 months, but definitely don't do it in one shot.

That's not a terrible plan, except for the fact that statistically the volatility protection between a sector diversified 8-12 stock holding and the MPT's max diversity is only like 2% whereas the returns are wildly different. Also just personally, foreign investments/ actual partnerships/MLPs are too much of a headache. There is no real need for bonds as government bonds yield very little and most corporate bonds can be beaten by REITs with the possibility that the reit appreciates in value. Also over a long tetm horizon it is statistically highly probable that any given stock will go up. I actually think he might want to keep a chuck in case there is a big crash or fall in a stock he has interest in.

Heroin dealership.
I'll take my 25% through btc thanks
16g3PM2YCFqebMpu9UeZcAwhGxUkJJnwaN

wealthsimple

Y'all posting in a 100k meme thread, faggots.

No, you're wrong. The dollar cost averaging method is also an attempt to time the market. You might miss out on a bull run by not investing now, but you gain the ability to somewhat avoid bear markets too. But bull markets are more common than bear markets. Positive months are more common than negative months. By waiting to invest you're basically shorting the market metaphorically and it's rarely good to do that

Just invest what you want to now and forget about it.

I think you missed my point.

Trying to make decisions about what might be "bull" RIGHT NOW could put you in a position where you're unable to make adjustments to your strategy. Take my whole post into context. I already explained that spreading it out over 36 months is too much. Making a one shot decision to dump everything into "what looks good today" is also way too much.

I was saying to spread it out only to test the market and see what does best for you. It will take time. The fact they're asking shows they aren't privy enough to determine what to throw it into other than memecoins.

Spread it out, do some analysis after a year and figure out what's working and what isn't. This is healthy data analysis.

To say "invest what you want to" is extremely myopic and exactly what I'm recommending against.

The expected value of the market is greater than 1.0 for a sufficiently long investment horizon, this is an assumption that has been supported historically and must be made if we are even going to bother here

That being said, to maximize your exploitation of that expected value, you need to invest as much as possible as soon as possible. If you plan to invest $x, you're statistically better off investing it all right now instead of chunks over time.

There may be psychological aspects of trickling your money into the market slowly, making you feel more secure and therefore more capable of HODLing when it goes down, but these are not statistically sound methods of increasing your return if you assume that your behavior is optimal without these psychological coping methods.

Sign up for futures trading at TDAmeritrade and buy oil NOW! OPEC meets july 22nd.

They WILL push oil back up to 50+ by the end of this year or sooner. Oil is hovering at $44 a barrel right now.

Buy an October contract for oil that is at around $44.70 right now. Start off by buying 4 of these contracts. Buy 4 more each time it goes down a dollar. It WILL come back to $50+ a barrel. Each contract is a thousand dollars in your account per dollar it goes up. One contract costs $2900 too by the way.

So if you buy around 20 of these contracts and just sit on it, you will make 100k.

I'm actually doing that right now. I have 50k in my TD Ameritrade account. Sitting at 4 contracts that expire in October.

If you like what I am talking about, then deliver and paypal me the 25% profit.

[email protected]

Thanx bud! Happy trading.

100K meme is nicest meme. Bought!