I need to write a paper on a piece of media (movie) set before 1500. Possible topics include Rome, China, Byzantium...

I need to write a paper on a piece of media (movie) set before 1500. Possible topics include Rome, China, Byzantium, Persia, etc. Only thing I can't do is anything set in India or sub-Saharan Africa because those two regions were not covered. What is a pretty red-pilled movie? I also need to match it up with a scholarly book about that time period.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_V_(1989_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Turkish propaganda

fpbp
t.butthurt Greek

What the fuck is even this thing he's wearing for fucks sake. Why do move producers even do this, he would look way more aestethic wearing something acrually worn in the time period, there is no up side from desighning these kinds of costumes, it would probably even be cheaper

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_V_(1989_film)

lol Roach

Meh, would prefer something less boring

Well, Gladiator is one but it's crap.

Maybe Kingdom of Heaven. Or, if you want a bizzare one, Valhalla Rising.

Preferably one on Netflix, this paper is due friday

didnt you post this same thread last week?
Anyway your time frame seems to have gone up so I would suggest a film adaptation of Hamlet or Richard III. If you cant find a scholarly book about a Shakespeare play you've got no hope

>Henry V
>boring
kill yourself you uncultured swine

Yeah I made this thread a week ago but then put it off and now I am running out of time lol

>due friday
>only looking for research topics now

Legitimately kill yourself

I will after I turn this paper in

Luther (2003)

As much as I would like to, we did not cover that far. The Reformation is part of World Civ 2

Oops, turns out I can't read. You mentioned Rome. Spartacus?

Do 300 and compare/contrast with Victor Davis Hanson's book The Western Way of War. The book is fairly short and the movie mildly entertaining.

Fall of the Roman Empire

Both good ideas, but I need a scholarly book to go with it

I will have to check that out, do you think that counts as a scholarly source? Sounds good to me, I would just need to locate the book

It should be easy enough to find a scholarly book on Spartacus or on the changeover between Marcus Aurelius and Commodus

Try this.

Ice Age is redpilled

lol

Movies or books on it? I think different eras will be easier

>redpilled

what did you even mean by this

Not biased trash focused on re-writing history

that doesnt make them redpilled

The cold reality vs. a comfortable illusion?

>a comfortable illusion

applies to both pills t bh

Kingdom of Heaven.

Its not on Netflix

>Netflix
Just pirate it you filthy pleb