ITT: The best works of art of all time, starting with the best of the best

ITT: The best works of art of all time, starting with the best of the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCyADImVDXU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Square_(painting)
independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GLs-AyeRlqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everytime you think of the warcrimes in guernica you have to picture this piece of shit painting.
feels bad man

Take it back

youtube.com/watch?v=TCyADImVDXU

Why I cant stop looking at this? Its so childish and so fascinating

Why is there a goblin besides the girl kicking the dog?

This painting was meant to be a glimpse into the life of the court of Philip IV, who included dwarves in his entourage.

>jewish degeneracy
>good
yeah no

You fell for the degeneracy meme, god have mercy on your soul.

You're a kike or you're shilling for kikes, either way you'll get yours on The Day Of The Rope

Never going to happen. Futa

>Bernini
Nice

The only real answer

obligatory

You're helping the Jews. Nobody wants to be anti-Semitic if it means associating with retards like you.

I couldn't agree more

We would but nobody wants this garbage :^(

Bernini truly was a god among men.

Silly user. Killing Basques isn't a crime.

Disliking shit art makes people not want to associate with you?

That's some silliness right there.

What's wrong with basques?

well said, this painting is interesting but it is far from being one of the best

San Giovanni Battista - BTFO

>>/pol/

If ISIS had shot their propaganda videos in black and white they would apparently be praised as radical rebels against the backward authoritarian governments of Syria and Iraq

Because Picasso, like most praised mordern/postmodern/contemporary artists actually have a lot of expierience in classical art, which /pol/tards and normies jizz all over, they implement stripped down fundamentals of classical art(le "real" art) theory in their contemporary/CIA backed/jewish-reptilian propaganda works, so that even when work on surface looks like made by a child, still gives u way more feelings, than if it would be made by an actual child or random idiots, who like to say "uh well, i could have made that!" , no you couldn't have made that, my tinfoil buddies.

>/pol/tard
>normies
Wtf are you on about?
Talk like a normal human being.

>pretending to be retarded

>/pol/tard
user of Veeky Forums politically board, ussualy suporter of alt-right

>normies
Dudes who share on FB feed ,cat memes, stuff from pages like "sarcasm" "UNILAD" and "Men's Humor

*politically Incorect

Go away pol, Veeky Forums is a board for informed autists, not retards.

>like most praised mordern/postmodern/contemporary artists
like who? Jackson Pollock?

>no you couldn't have made that
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Square_(painting)

Art people appreciate is creative art though, that's the point. Make that work right now and it's devoid of value, but the inspiration that art captivates is where the real value lies.

not him but I thought the point was that contemporary artists "like Picasso" were still trained and experienced in theory.
I'm not an art expert, but I wouldn't group Picasso with that category of contemporary art that people don't like, I think he's fairly well respected.
I don't believe that the artists like Jackson Pollock, that I mentioned before, and that whole school of thought were all trained in classical art theory before they started 'breaking all the rules' or whatever

That pretty much illustrates his point though, Malevich was trained within the orthodoxy, Suprematism was a well timed and considered push of the envelope.
Also as this poster is getting towards,
context is key. You could paint that now, but it would not be valued. The ground is worn, and unless you had a good foundation, understanding, and reason to revisit Black Square, and critically that you could communicate this, your work would be considered worthless.

>Srating things you believe to be true as fact when they are false

idk about the best, but this is one of my favorites

hnng

Its a damn shame this is one of his less famous paintings.

Is this criticizing modern art or praising it?

Dali is king.

this is 100% true

Picasso painted this when he was 14 years old. Making ultra realistic painting was something that Picasso had been doing since he was a child, and had long since grown bored with.

He was an artistic genius who constantly reinvented himself and pushed the boundaries of compositional elements in 2-D design, doing things with a blank white surface that a camera could never do. He invented cubism and then moved on from cubism. He never stopped experimenting, and just because a design is simpler and doesn't conform to the inflexible, rote rules of ultra-realism, doesn't make it a less involved painting

The only thing Dali was king at was self-promoting faggotry

Pablo Picasso could shit two dali paintings in the morning before coffee after a night of binge drinking Absinthe

independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

>For centuries it was not seen as a big deal for states to promote the arts
>Communism comes and does it too
>America is not allowed to openly promote the arts because that would be "Communism"
>does it anyway

t. pleb

I think I'm gonna go on an art posting spree, starting with my favorite.
Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion is not one of Martin's most famous paintings, but I think it's his best. The created myth goes that Sadak has to find the waters of oblivion to make the evil sultan immortal so that the sultan will release his wife. Painting perfectly captures the nature of what should be overwhelming hopelessness but man's defiant nature giving hope.

Pandemonium is in the Lourve. When I was there it was at the very end of a long hallway of C Grade early Renaissance work (minus Caravaggio and El Greco). It was a welcome sight after all that mediocrity

>you, an ignorant dunderhead: marveling at classical works involving immense skill and beauty
>me, an enlightened intellectual: pseudo-intellectually circlejerking to toilets and scribbles on a canvas

Speaking of Caravaggio, I think he was the greatest artist of all time, unbelievable how he seemed to come out of a vacuum.

I love the detail in this painting, the holes in the guys gloves is so that he can feel the cards in the rigged game.

Not the greatest painting, but I'm a sucker for dog's loyalty

Magdalena Bay - notice the footprints leading away from the corpses and survivor.

Doesn't need any explanation on this board

Bump
Heres REAL art.

I take Saturn's facial expression to show the horror at his own acts. Brutal painting.

This
Learning that modernism is actually incredibly laborious and creative work that can't just be done by any old fucker is the true redpill

I really like this Remington painting, I couldn't find a good version of it online, but if you find yourself in Fort Worth it is (fort) worth finding this at the Amon Carter museum

Pretty emotionally evocative from a Brit

>Have the ability to make something beautiful and universally likable
>Keep the composition know-how but otherwise make the piece aesthetically grotesque because lol classical art is le boring

It's still shit my pompous dude.

>art that isn't pretty is bad

Pleb 101.

The begining of the end.

>"I have shit taste"-the post

ITS JUST A PRANK BRO

Pretty, no. But beautiful, yes. Things that are haunting or terrifying can be beautiful when expressed artistically.

Your concept of "art" is more of a puzzle than actual art. It's an object to speculate over and make verbose commentaries to your friends about between sips of a cocktail. What you shared here certainly conveys "something" but without a comment from the artist it leaves the viewer wondering.

If there's one thing I can say about a lot of modernist works, which still will pull me into the modernist sections of museums and galleries, is that it's "neat". It's a novelty.

Took a long time to find this one, couldn't remember which museum I saw it in.

Couldn't find the last one I was gonna add, but it's at the Lourve and it was a battle scene, but it was just a bunch of horses' asses. If someone can find it, I'd appreciate it. I liked it because it was funny to me.

Fuck you, I like it

>you, a slack jawed quasi-intelligent forest ape in camouflage: romanticizing centuries old pro-government propaganda and the crude, inefficient techniques available at the time to produce them
>me, a degenerate, urban-wasteland dwelling nu-male with a bad haircut: knows how easy it is to make ultra-realistic art these days and how difficult it is for artists to stand out from one another, which is why they push boundaries, and also knows how valuable abstract art is to professional illustrators, graphic designers, fashion designers, and interior designers looking for visually inspiring images, for which substance is superfluous to their needs.

So you know how to listen and speak..

this was literally just a joke that went too far.

>guy's it's a urinal, that's it, it's JUST A URINAL CHRIST THATS A BIG CHECK!

Sublime more so than beautiful.

Oh I love this one too. It's hanging in the art museum in the St. Louis so I get to see it all of the time. One has to see it in person as it is sublime.

Piccasobeing anything other than shit is literally a meme.
It's bullshit perpetuated by people who want to pretend to be knowledgeable.

pic theme
youtube.com/watch?v=GLs-AyeRlqM

Duchamp was literally one of the most talented "american" artists of the 20th century, I imagine he would've regret being known more for a toilet then his other groundbreaking works.