Do you think Adam and Eve went to Heaven after their death?

Do you think Adam and Eve went to Heaven after their death?

This is a non-theistic question; purely from reading the Bible, as a piece of literature, do you think they went to Heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8HOb3r6GZJM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVwuc_CNswY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who's to say that they died?
Let's assume that they are in fact immortal.

From their narrative in Genesis, I would assume they returned to dust upon dying. From reading the rest of the Tanakh, I would say they went to Sheol.

IF they died (user raises a good point), I believe they are assumed to have gone to Paradise, which was like a pre-heaven holding place. Like Hades, kinda.

The question hinges on whether they were repentant.

NOBODY went to heaven before Jesus came. The bible is clear on this, even if you want to treat it as a literary document.

Wasn't Elijah carried up to heaven on a fire-chariot?

Then where did Enoch go?

Protestant theology here I come

A nice farm upstate, where he can play all day long!

>Who's to say that they died?

Well, the Bible says they did.

Haven't read the Bible, but if I had to do some kind of headcanon, I'd say A&E made the original sin, and are out of bonds, but anybody who follows can repent the sin they've inherited.

Verse?

Verse?

Genesis 5:24: "And Enoch walked with God, and he was no longer, for God had taken him to a farm upstate, where he could play with butterflies all day"

The rapture hasn't happened yet, so they haven't gone to heaven, and their souls are either dormant or in Sheol with every other soul.

What an odd translation. This is from the NIV:

>Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Ah, I was getting that quote from the KJB.

I'm not familiar with that one.

You're unfamiliar with the King James Bible?

Jesus went to Hell and brought the righteous that came before him to heaven tho.

Of course not, however the King James is typically abbreviated KJV so you can understand my confusion which was only compounded by the fact that you've managed to misquote the verse again.

Verse?

>Do you think Adam and Eve went to Heaven after their death?

>This is a non-theistic question; purely from reading the Bible, as a piece of literature, do you think they went to Heaven?

We must understand that the progression to what we now know as Heaven was not fully revealed the pre-exilic Israelites. Their view was of an underworld called Sheol in which the soul of the living would dwell there. When you talk about Heaven, we talk about it because of our Christian traditions. Heaven in the Israelites mind was the sky above the firmament in which YHWH would dwell, a place in which the divine lived. His heavenly glory would stay there, there's only one exception in which his heavenly glory came to earth (in Exodus), but YHWH's presence was always there when his glory wasn't. The two exceptions of people going to heaven was Enoch and Elijah. 1st Enoch is recount by 2nd temple Jews trying to understand what the heavenly realm was like.

The Catholic and Orthodox perspective is that everyone went to hell, even though the righteous ones and Jewish prophets went to the less shitty part. It's the first circle in Dante. Then, when Jesus died, he literally kicked down the doors of Hell and let all of God's faithful into heaven.

Genesis 5:5

Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

Who wrote that?

Moses.

Was he there when he died?

God was and God told Moses.

What about Eve?

Who cares?

Can you quote the Bible verse that said that?

There's no proof of Eve's death?

Oh shit

Moses talks to God throughout the Pentateuch so it could have been during any one of those conversations.

We know she died eventually because God said she would, we just don't know when.

How long is when though?
We all know the serpent speaks through Eve.

When god talks to you. Shouldn't that be fucking important enough to pass on.

Long ago and no, we don't all know that.

From a Catholic and Orthodox perspective yes. See the Harrowing of Hell.

Icon related.

Also related

youtube.com/watch?v=8HOb3r6GZJM

"And upon those in the tombs bestowing life"

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVwuc_CNswY

(regarding Easter)

"This is the night
when Christ broke the prison-bars of death
and rose victorious from the underworld."

Protestant opinions will vary. If you're into Sola Scriptura then you probably won't come to an answer.

They couldn't have went directly to Heaven since they sinned. They would have went to either Paradise of Hades. And you would assume they'd be in Heaven now from the Lord Jesus bringing them there with all the other Old Testament saints.

I think they did. They were looking for a coming Savior in their line from God, but I don't think they really had any idea who The Christ would really be. They still sought God as is evidenced by their children sacrificing to God. They evidently were instructed to do so, and Cain just failed in not giving a blood sacrifice which he could have easily exchanged is goods for that of his brothers to do so.

Heaven is never referred to as a place people go to when they die in the OT.

Heaven, as stated in the Bible, does not exist yet (except for angry martyr's in God's realm). They're "sleeping", or to say, gone for now. I'm not sure if they'll be considered saints or not, but either during the first or second resurrection, they will join everyone else either in the thousand year kingdom, or on new Earth AKA "Heaven".

The idea of going into the sky with wings is heresy and has no basis.

In Islam, Adam was the first muslim prophet, so i'd say yes. Also he lived 1000 years

Not him but it says they lived for a finite amount of time (something hundreds of years)

Not exactly true. Ever heard of Forebodence?