ITT: enemy leaders whom you respect

ITT: enemy leaders whom you respect

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2002/09/01/opinion/iraq-without-saddam.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was an American ally. Are you Russian or a Muslim?

Neither, I'm Arab though

>everyone on a Sumatran Absailing Board is American

Also he got backstabbed hard by the Anglos after raising the price of oil.

> The Revolutionary Council is nothing more than a glorified crew!

Would you agree than Pan-Arab secularist Ba'athism is the way forward for the middle east?

ba'athism is actually retarded

kys

>DUDE ARABS LOL

are you Tunisian or Lebanese?

Neither

then why would you consider Scipio the enemy?

>inbefore /pol/ack

Posting the obvious.

>arab
>not muslim

have this upvote

You have to admit if it wasn't for the Islamic Revolution and if the Shah/Pahlavi dynasty stayed in power, Iraq likely at least wouldn't be in such a shitty situation as it is currently, same with Syria.

Iraq?
I hate Americans.

Yes, Iraq. Because Saddam would've never gotten to power with the Pahlavis/Imperial Iran constantly threatening to blow them out militarily.

Bcs hes spanish

Lmao the shah was actually Saddam's close ally after 1975

It's partly why the west hated tirned against him.

only gommie I like

If the shah hadn't come to power it would be better

He was really a bumbler. The Six Day War is a hilarious fuckup

Saddam wasn't even President in 1975

Iran and Iraq were at each others throats during the Pahlavi Dynasty but not nearly as bad as post-islamification of Iran

What the fuck are you babbling about. Saddam was the deputy minister back then or some shit, Iraq keep trying to take the Al-shabbat or whatever river line and Iran kept threatening to bomb the shit out of them forcing Iraq to back up because the Iranian Air Force alone would've ass raped the low level Iraqi military and infrastructure at the time.

>kept several meme ethnicities from genociding each other for several decades
>his funeral was attended by more world leaders than any other in history

If only there was a Tito for the middle east, then mabey we could have peace

Read a book you retarded faggot motherfuckers. Dumb fucks.

1. Saddam was essentially THE leader of Iraq long before 1979, since the early 70's. Bakr was president but he was old and everyone knew Saddam was the real man in charge and al-Bakr was a figurehead.

2. In 1975 Saddam and the shah met together and signed the Algiers accords. The shah stopped funding Kurdish terrorists and Saddam agreed to stop claiming the shaat al Arab in return, while Saddam pulverised the Kurds up north.

3. After that, Saddam and the shah became allies and started cooperating in OPEC to raise oil prices, which really pissed off the west, especially the UK. Saddam even arrested khomeini in Iraq and offered to execute him on behalf of the shah, but the shah said nah just exile him instead.

There was.

But (((they))) killed him just like they killed Jesus.

Le Göring look alike man

A true hero user. A true hero

Most of the leaders we fought were simply nationalists of their own people, or resistors of our own meddling. Considering our own leaders after JFK are more our enemy than any "dictator" we have fought, I can't say I respect any of them, to any degree.

I suppose Khrushchev was a good "enemy" leader, who brought a just end to Stalin's purges and his cabal of perfidious, bloodthirsty NKVD cronies, while keeping corruption and foreign influence at bay. He even put the west on its heels and made the US government flip its lid so hard it nearly blew up the entire world.

What is it about a stable ME-NA that Israel and the Saud hate and subsequently, make the west destroy?

His replacement is just a typical 'lard though. Meat on the hoof.

Kind of reminded me of Roosevelt. Faced with shitty situation, revamped economy, judged harshly for it, evil foreign policy.

A stable Middle East would be a minor power bloc. They would be capable of negotiating trade deals and of deciding in which currencies to trade in.

Pic related deserves respect for their grit
>minor power block
Putting a lot of individual shit together doesn't make it stronger, it just makes a larger pile of shit. As the arab league and other alliance's of that sort have shown.

Mao ought to have been fucked up by the Cultural Revolution and the Great Leap Forward.

Political survivor right here.

>head of extremely foul family
>committed genocide on his own population
>started 2 wars
But I guess that's all just Israeli propaganda?

ANY oil-rich country stepping out and enforcing their border, nationalizing the resources, refusing to trade on the USD, is met with almost automatic bombing or "rebellion" of mysterious source.

That's literally can be cheked and shown as untrue but still simplminded folks like you will repeat it with this smug feeling of supposedly understanding geopolitics.

You are an idiot.

Jews hate other nations. Just look at what they did to Germany and Russia

And the second one. Communist Rommel.

Ok Rommel wasn't a war criminal so they're not that similar.

>Communist Rommel.
What did he mean by this

A military commander seen by his enemies as a worthy opponent.
Though he was a piece of shit in private life. A violent fanatic.

You got your boards confused. Now fuck off.

Mericans fucked up big time overthrowing him, also Sarkozy is a bastard

this is a very interesting thread. We honestly don't talk about the mid-east as much as we should.

RRRREEEEE THE JEWS ARE YHWH'S CHOSEN AND YOU CAN NOT CRITICISE THEM GOOOOYYYYYYY!!!!! RRREEEEEEEE!

nytimes.com/2002/09/01/opinion/iraq-without-saddam.html

>Is Iraq the way it is because of Saddam Hussein, or is Saddam Hussein the way he is because of Iraq?

I think we now the answer now

The pashas started the genocide and he finished it, so no he is not respectable and neither is any other roach

The obvious one

I came here to post this. Khrushchev was a worthy adversary.

Still a criminal. He just understood that he wouldn't be able to keep a dictatorship in Stalin's image.
Beria, although even bigger scumbag, actually wanted even bigger reforms probably afraid of counterrevolution.

Hollande was underrated

why, exactly? he drove his country to a war that they could win... then declared war on the whole fucking world and expected to win. he singlehandedly was the cause of germany's loss, as he pushed way too hard in Stalingrad and lost an entire army to the human waves.

>Human waves
"Watch this Tovarish, gonna ride zis gnarly one all the way to Berlin" - Zhukov