I have 6 grand to invest

I have 6 grand to invest.

Should I put it all on Bitcoin or Litecoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.prism.exchange/
prism.exchange/login
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6ldssd/so_no_worries_ethereums_long_term_value_is_still/
coindesk.com/miners-ethereum-transactions-gas-limit/
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses
medium.com/@jimmysong/uasf-bip148-scenarios-and-game-theory-9530336d953e
youtube.com/watch?v=haENwoZr7NA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AIDS coin is going to be huge.

if btc doubles in price, it would be around 5K
if ltc doubles, it would be 100

which one is more likely?

LTC negro

Not really sure because of the august 1st stuff going on.

Buy Chaincoin right now, dont say i didnt warn you

This post made me buy 100 ltc

Thanks, Just bought 100k

Ltc honestly people don't care about the lighting network being a little centralized

LTC, and if dubs take out a loan and buy twice as much

I set a buy order for Litecoin at $42. If it hits that, I'll buy. Otherwise I'm gonna go with Bitcoin.

You've made a big mistake on this day

LTC has moon potential. BTC is safer. Take your pick.

I'm pretty confident it will drop into the low $40s this week.

I hope so, threw a bit in at 44 wouldn't mind throwing some more at it

They're both a good choice because they both work in tandem

this.

and dont u ever sell ur litecoin for bitcoin until it's at .25.

>trips of truth

LTC is more likely to double (if not triple) in price.

If you just want to keep switching between coins every week, ignore me. but if you actually want to buy and hold for some time:

ask for reasons, ask what Litecoin has over Bitcoin OR Ethereum

Those are the 2 currencies with strong fundamentals

Bitcoin
- First crypto
- Safest against 50% attacks (can only be attacked with specifically made hardware)
- Best development background (been out for 8 years, lots of software/libraries been written for it)
- Most widespread acceptance/usage

ETH:
-Transaction times competing with credit cards (with BTC transactions, if you time your transaction in an unlucky time it's possible you won't get your 'golden' 3 confirmations within an hour, even if you pay a $5+ fee)
- 2nd most widespread acceptance/usage (Litecoin isn't even accepted on any drugmarkets, ETH is accepted on the largest one)
- potential for uses outside of just as a currency though it's currently only being used for ICOs, there are an insane lot of DApps in the making (e.g. blog.prism.exchange/ )
- Proof of Stake in the making (practically meaning miners won't be making ETH out of thin air for very long)

Funamental advantages of Litecoin:
None.

I'm unfortunately off to sleep, and won't be able to point out where the LTC shills are wrong exactly, but I can assure you whatever they write will be false. They are either dumb, or only holding LTC for the short term and trying to convince anyone to put whatever they got into it, thus pumping the price. Hopefully there's some decent person browsing the thread who'll analyze their bullshit replies and point it out for you. goodnight

i'd grab 1 bitcoin and 70 litecoins if I was you and I would check back in 2 years.

both of them will be worth, much, much more than they are today but litecoin is undervalued compared to the relationship it shares with bitcoin.

ETH is inflationary, it's a scam

this guy doesn't understand the lightning network at all.

>he doesn't understand that bitcoin's blocks take 10 minutes compared to litecoin's 2.5 minutes.
>he doesn't understand atomic swaps and how in 6 months you'll be able to swap bitcoin for litecoin without the need for a third party
>he doesn't understand the real world applications of why someone would want to swap to a coin that has faster confirmation times and why that is an advantage.

he's an idiot. don't listen to that ethtard who is pumping a centralized coin.

there are just 20% more ether being mined daily than BTC (USD equivalent) and even that will decrease severely with Metropolis (currently activated on testnets, expected on main by August-September), and will be practically eliminated with Caspter (expected sometime 2018).

Ether

>pumping a centralized coin.
>doesn't understand the lightning network at all.

any really efficient lightning network will mean some degree of centralization (which i don't believe is a serious problem)

>he doesn't understand that bitcoin's blocks take 10 minutes compared to litecoin's 2.5 minutes.
i do understand. Ethereum blocks take 15 seconds tho, so if someone needs real fast transaction times, they're best off with ETH.

>he doesn't understand atomic swaps and how in 6 months you'll be able to swap bitcoin for litecoin without the need for a third party
>he doesn't understand the real world applications of why someone would want to swap to a coin that has faster confirmation times and why that is an advantage.

atomic swaps only exist on paper, 0 implementation, and there's nothing that prevents ETH from having the same interoperability with BTC, so again, this is no argument for LTC over ETH

Not to mention, ETH already has ways (which are actually IMPLEMENTED unlike atomic swaps) to transform it into any currency in trustless ways

Dude fuck off, no one even asked about eth you desperate bagholder.

fuck u nigga u lil bitchass nigga ur mom likes my big 8 inch dick nigga fucking pussy boy fuck you bitch

wat a fuck you just say you cumsucking faglord i bet you eat bannana for brakfast without chewing

faster confirmations mean nothing when you have off chain transactions

a 10 minute block time and a 2.5 minute block time are no different, you either want < 10 seconds or it doesnt matter, its not good enough for real time payments.

real time swaps seem to be the only thing litecoiners are clinging to, now having accepted that nobody actually wants to accept their precious litecoins, they have to swap them for bitcoins each time they want to make a payment. thats not going to be free to do, especially since nobody is going to want to take the opposite trade, given that litecoin will trend to zero over time.

crypto needs a diverse set of coins in use, litecoin is about as inbred as you could expect a coin to be, with a couple of random changes that tried to make it faster back when it was created, completely missing the obvious fact that the base layer is not what provides the speed of use.

BTC

Litecoin may have better tech or faster updates but doesnt matter when bitcoin is universally known and accepted. Farmville isnt the best videogame but its one of the best earners.

>any really efficient lightning network will mean some degree of centralization (which i don't believe is a serious problem)

of course you don't, you're over hearing pumping a centralized coin.

>i do understand. Ethereum blocks take 15 seconds tho, so if someone needs real fast transaction times, they're best off with ETH.

but you need more confirmations when using ETH, which makes that 15 seconds just a flashy number.

>atomic swaps only exist on paper, 0 implementation,

that's why I said in 6 months. isn't the point of investing, speculation?

>and there's nothing that prevents ETH from having the same interoperability with BTC

why would people want to pair a centralized shit coin with Bitcoin? a coin where the creator owns all of them?

>Not to mention, ETH already has ways (which are actually IMPLEMENTED

what way?

and here's something nobody ever thinks about, with atomic swaps, given that its guaranteed over 50% of the traffic is going to be going from litecoin to bitcoin, due to simple market dynamics, its going to put even more direct selling pressure on litecoin, as these theoretical companies that provide these swaps are going to be continuously dumping litecoin sent to them in order to fund the bitcoin users keep requesting.

A better comparison would be dial-up and broadband.

Eventually the faster better option will replace the deprecated one that everyone was used to before

do you really think litecoin is less centralized than bitcoin? its mining is more centralized in china, its politics is even more centralized with the chinese, and its trading is even more centralized. if youre looking for decentralization you shouldn't be looking at litecoin.

This meme is driving me to insanity. Why won't you dicks go back to /b/ or /pol/

lmao. a majority of the miners living in the same country doesn't make it "centralized".

and companies/people will use whichever coin has the faster confirmation times and less fees. as of today that is litecoin.

LITECION WILL NOT REPLACE BITCOIN. ANYTHING THAT LTC CAN DO BTC CAN DO.

>but you need more confirmations when using ETH, which makes that 15 seconds just a flashy number.

well, here's from bitfinex:
>Bitcoin deposits are credited after a minimum of 3 confirmations (about 30 minutes, sometimes longer)
>Litecoin deposits are credited after a minimum of 6 confirmations (about 20 minutes, sometimes longer)
>Ether deposits are credited after a minimum of 25 confirmations (about 5 minutes, sometimes longer)

>that's why I said in 6 months. isn't the point of investing, speculation?

lol...
so you speculate any elaborate idea with no implementation with a 6-month timeframe? cuz then u must not speculate very successfully

>why would people want to pair a centralized shit coin with Bitcoin? a coin where the creator owns all of them?
>the creator owns all of them?

wat even.jpg

you're clearly either far too ignorant to debate with, or literally just trying to get LTC pushed and give 0 shit about actual facts

>what way?

linked in my first comment
blog.prism.exchange/

it is beta-test, but it is working already
prism.exchange/login

and you can exchange into any coin(s), not just BTC

ETH will never have a limited coin number, it's inflationary

of course it does, china is a massive negative perceptive force on bitcoin, and litecoin is owned by the chinese at this point.

>and companies/people will use whichever coin has the faster confirmation times and less fees. as of today that is litecoin
litecoin has had the same fees and confirmation times for 6 years, so where are the companies? where are the users? they're using bitcoin, or ethereum, or some other alt with unique value.

the users aren't coming, they never were.

it very likely will have 0 or negative supply actually

but when PoS hits, it won't matter at all anyways. you just transfer your coins to a stake miningpool (trustlessly) and keep getting the inflation % on them, thereby preserving your share of the currency

and we all saw how Ethereum's network crumbled when it actually got some transactions.

>linked in my first comment
blog.prism.exchange/

that will go over well. that sounds like a terrible idea that will just clog up the block chain.

I love how LTC is being hated on.

This was EXACTLY what happened with ETH, and once it reached $400, people shut the fuck up.

I can't wait until BTC is worth $0 after the fork since it will be fucked up and the exchanges will lose the TXs. Then LTC will skyrocket and BTC will be thrown away like the trash it is.

>people shut the fuck up (about eth)
>BTC is worth $0 after the fork since it will be fucked up and the exchanges will lose the TXs.
>BTC will be thrown away like the trash it is.

dude what dimension are you living in lmao

>and we all saw how Ethereum's network crumbled when it actually got some transactions.

reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6ldssd/so_no_worries_ethereums_long_term_value_is_still/

well, read the top comment (made by Vitalik Buterin)

but i'll highlight it for you in case you're not able to find: the network clogged for the first time like 3 weeks ago. 1 week later, the block gas limit (thereby the limit on the number of transactions being processed) was increased by 40%.
coindesk.com/miners-ethereum-transactions-gas-limit/

i haven't seen this short of reaction times from any other crypto before, nowhere even close.

it's just eth hodlers getting scared. just like it was bitcoin hodlers getting scared about eth.

>but i'll highlight it for you in case you're not able to find: the network clogged for the first time

yeah.. the first time the blockchain saw any real transaction.

> 1 week later, the block gas limit (thereby the limit on the number of transactions being processed) was increased by 40%.

one of the advantages of a centralized coin.

wait till Putin takes it over.

This is a very real possibility.

Read up on what could happen if there are 2 different bitcoins.

Exchanges could be fucked. Your BTC could actually be worth $0.

The FUD is unreal.
If Bitcoin went to a dollar, the entire cryptomarket would crash. Your precious Litecoin would follow.

aside from all crypto dropping people wouldn't move to a coin that isn't technically better than bitcoin, because the same issues would only happen again in the future. its not protected in any way.

you cant use the argument that litecoin and bitcoin use the same tech as a positive while ignoring the fact that litecoin isn't ever going to take over bitcoin because it has all the negatives of the same tech with none of the positives in network, acceptance, real world usage, etc.

not one person in this thread shilling litecoin isn't already invested in it. when you can't find people that care about the success of your coin who aren't financially involved in it, you know you have nothing to offer.

BTC is the mother of all alt coins and will be around as long as crypto is around. There will never be anything to replace bitcoin, only improve upon it.

That being said, BitCoin is your best purchase. All alt coin trades, with the exception of ether and lite coin, are traded with bitcoin. That should say enough.

Litecoin entered meme status after it got segwit and retards and faggots have been shilling it. Otherwise it'll fade away into obscurity like all the other shitcoin pump and dump scamcoins.

Bitcoin is the only crypto ever worth buying, summerfags

ANS or bitbeans. They will have the same price increase.

>Bitcoin is the mother of all altcoins.

If bitcoins an alt, what's the main crypto you third world shitskin?

Shouldn't you be speaking broken English with your signature campaign on bitcointalk?

>
>it's just eth hodlers getting scared. just like it was bitcoin hodlers getting scared about eth.

>Implying we were even mildly worried about a centralized pre-mined scamcoin

or antshares

the answer is antshares!

>Safest against 50% attacks (can only be attacked with specifically made hardware)

Nope.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses

Thanks just sold 100k

>LITECION WILL NOT REPLACE BITCOIN. ANYTHING THAT LTC CAN DO BTC CAN DO.

But that wasn't true three weeks ago- I had to move some crypto very quickly and BTC took too long- Ethereum network as likewise clogged to shit. I converted to litecoin and, fast Tx, low fees. Owned it ever since.

These coins are supposed to work for you, and BTC and Eth lost customers in the last month. Eth more so, but both are a service. And you're a cuck if you sat at your computer waiting for a transaction that took hours or was rejected and you remain a customer of that same coin. In Ethereum's case, that damaged not just Eth's reputation but calls into question the viability of any ERC20 token than uses the Ethereum network.

For bitcoin, in the near term, its shit like medium.com/@jimmysong/uasf-bip148-scenarios-and-game-theory-9530336d953e that make me think they could just manage to completely fuck everything up. The so-called "governance" of this coin is about 200 people each packed into the equivalent of buses, playing chicken. This is the stupidest shit I've ever seen. Whether you are on the "right" side or the "wrong" side, the fact is a lot of people apparently have way too much power over the network and they could be very unreasonable. Bitcoin should never have depended on unpredictable and unreliable people but thats the situation we're in.

Its hard to see how litecoin is going to go bad and its recent track record is very good. Its consensus governance has been proven to work with segwit, its PoW is robust, its distribution is fair, its deflationary with limited supply.

Its doing good work, its a good store of value. I'm not saying anything the market isn't saying.

>The FUD is unreal.
>If Bitcoin went to a dollar, the entire cryptomarket would crash. Your precious Litecoin would follow.

Speaking of unreal FUD. When LTC was $4 I bought it. Why wouldn't I buy LTC when it was $1, or bitcoin for that matter.

Crypto has achieved escape velocity.

Preach, brethren

This.

I can't wait until we shoot up to $400

litecoin only has low fees because nobody uses it, and its showing no signs of growth even with the slow and expensive bitcoin. users simply don't value litecoin enough to want to use it.

look at the charts, litecoin is an astronomically terrible store of value. once this hype wears off, like it has every other time for litecoin, its going to sink back down and the only volume will be chinese miners and speculators.

it's happened every time. it's 100% a speculators coin with the financial reputation of dogecoin.

LTC

proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=haENwoZr7NA