I'd like to challenge /biz and those passing through

There's no reason /biz couldn't be an awesome board bringing some of the sharpest minds from across the web. It need not be a shit board with nothing but NEETs who think cryptoshit coins are somehow going to make them rich when in actuality every one of them will end up broke.

/Biz could be using their skills to sharpen and educate and train one another on technical analysis, charting, candle sticks, technical indicators, financial analysis, picking through company financials, all of which can be done absolutely free with the tools provided across the web.

There are endless books one can find across the web to learn these skills. Any of the "_ _ _ (technical analysis, financial analysis) For Dummies" are great. Steve Neilsons "Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques" book is phenomenal. John Murphy's "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets". These 2 books are timeless and the skills learned can be integrated with any leading software out today.

Any Financial Analysis books should be modern as the markets evolve regularly and shit that worked for Warren Buffet and Benjamin Graham in the early and mid 1900's, though the basic tenets may still apply, are pretty outdated.

However we could use this book to lure sharper minds here with a group that actually has intelligent discussions. We could hone it into a board that is able to find the sharpest stocks to trade minute to minute and hour to hour. We could hone each others skills at technical analysis to present images of charts and indicators and trends for all to see and critique and use them to find the most profitable trades out there.

We could use the board to present company quarterly and annual financial reports provided by autist here that found the company hiding some bs the rest of the world missed or a hidden treasure that makes the stock undervalued and worth investing in.

Other urls found in this thread:

bizbeginner.com/2017/07/08/crypto-craze/
zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-12/glencore-manipulating-price-oil-swiss-trader-holds-over-30-june-brent-supply
nakedcapitalism.com/2013/07/how-goldman-made-5-billion-by-manipulating-aluminum-inventories-and-copper-is-up-next.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice, I have also recently acquired 100k of said coin

Nice just bought 100k!

We need people on this board who have an interest in seeing this board transform into something like this to start posting a thread, at least once a day,

Perhaps certain posters here might be willing to give a "Lesson A Day" thread, like a technical analysis thread, how to read trend lines, what each candle on a candlestick chart means, what ROI is, etc...

/Biz could be something awesome. Right now it's is absolute shit. We could make it one of the sharpest spots on the web where everyone makes money.

Reddit /thread

Reddit is shit compared to Chan. No one wants to be in a circle jerk. It's the reason Pol is considered top tier, because Chan communities come together to brainstorm where the idea is championed, and not specific people posting for karma points and jacking each other off.

I realize there are pimply faced NEET teens here who "hurr durr muh bitcoin tho", but you will end up broke and be more wasted shit then you are right now.

Wow I just bought 100k!

Also to those out there just recognize. People like this bring absolutely nothing of value to this board. They provide absolutely nothing of value. If they were /pol funny I might say that brings value, but this meme isnt even humorous. It's just cringy.

If you want to be a shit board that continues to devolve into being worthless these types of posters will be the height of intelligence this board will devolve into. Want to do something and make a board and community that brings the sharpest minds here and makes money you have to work to make it that.

I'd like to see it turn into something like this. There's so many shills here. But this could be awesome.

:^)

There are already lots of great, informative threads on Veeky Forums, and if you're attentive enough, you'll spot them in the cesspool of shilling and take your notes. Whoever seeks useful info will find it.

I'm sorry, I will try harder.

Possibly, we could start a tech analysis general? It might be the only way it wouldn't get drown out by all the shills and mongs. I think you're on to something. Knowledge is fucking power and money.

>We could hone it into a board that is able to find the sharpest stocks to trade minute to minute and hour to hour.

OP just wants Veeky Forums to be about stocks again and not crypto.

>There's no reason /biz couldn't be an awesome board bringing some of the sharpest minds from across the web

No login
No moderation
No persistent IDs
No PMs
There are lots of reasons Veeky Forums or any other imageboard can't be useful for business.

>Pol is considered top tier

It's not 2012 anymore, friendo.

there are already shitloads of free resources for learning TA available around the net, much better than any thread here is ever going to provide. someone who would need to learn TA from Veeky Forums threads instead of actual learning material and experience has already lost the game anyway.

yeah it would be great if we could become a place of high quality trading discussion but it just isn't likely to happen and any attempt to do so will quickly be drowned in the sea of shitcoin posts

Ya, what I was thinking as well. Maybe a Market General so you could tie in both TA and SA into it.

How do you think Trump is in the WH currently?

No need for login, PM, etc. Just like /Pol, its better that way. The ideas are honed, stocks are honed by the entire group. Person starts a thread for Stock ABC. Provides a saved image or screenshot, say from investing.com, showing how stock has been channeling last year 5 times at roughly 20% on each support and resistance, and shows how it's about to hit the support line so it can start back up again.

Imagine having an army of autist here scouring the markets for stocks, charting trends, balance sheets, indicators etc.

Of course nothing in history ever happened for the people that didn't want to put in the effort. You can believe if it started, and people saw it as enough people posting threads with images that correctly identified stocks with other autist chiming in picking through the stocks, then people would start coming here.

Ya I already know both TA and SA already. I have no life so in my offtime I read a ton of ebooks, including the ones I listed above (twice read both of them).

The whole point of the lessons is to get the people coming here interested and involved. It's kind of amazing when you see the correlations of charted prices to trend lines, channels, and indicators clicking.

But would need to be a group effort.

Make no mistake, you'll have a lot better time faring in the markets if correctly finding great stocks than you will the shitcoin market. A market that may be crushed by the federal gov at anytime.

Think of Black Friday with online poker years ago. That hurt me and many others who had our bankrolls on a number of the popular online poker sites when the Feds froze all their assets for those presiding in the US at the drop of a dime. Couldn't get our money off. It's an unregulated market.

You want to know fun? The stock markets. The futures markets. That's a rush. You can day trade, swing trade, or trade long term.

Ugh can even
>Veeky Forums
Fucking kill yourself reddit>/pol
>/Biz
Might as well be r/kneepads please lurk moar

Fuck off NEET virgin. I was on Chan before mommy and daddy ever even bought you a computer for your basement.

y'all saying this but you lying. There was a thread awhile ago where a several anons where like "I'm interested in contributing to a thread about forex" and so I started a forex thread but none of them showed up, tried again and same n one else contributed so I finally stopped.
Recently tried dropping some knowledge in someone else's USDCAD thread but didn't get very much traction there. And recently tried dumping info in the EMH thread, but stopped because there was no one interested.

Ya I have no idea about anything when it comes to Forex. Heard you have to be completely in tune and that it's a really hard market to trade successfully where most will go broke. But thats just what ive heard.

Sounds about right describing all trading in general.

Yeah, in 2012 we had niggers in the White House.

biz is all talk. thought you knew that by now

technical analysis is fuckin gay lol. it is like astrology. go start an actual business or learn something useful to the real world

hehe true, but with forex dealing in currencies you have to be completely in tune with both countries economies to know if they are going up and down whereas stocks or commodities just deals in one aspect of a sector or industry (though still need to be in tune with that specific country's economy).

Which shows me you have no fucking idea what the fuck you're talking abount when it comes to technical analysis and you're just talking out of your ass. BTW, incorporating your portfolio under an LLC or Corp makes it a fucking business moron.

It is useful to the world

Problem is the folks here all have "shiny object syndrome".

Get rich quick = don't want to put in ANY effort. (see bizbeginner.com/2017/07/08/crypto-craze/ )

>technical analysis
stopped reading there

You could make strong arguments that you have to be in tune with a lot more in equities due to intermarket connections with interest rates as how money flows into and out of bonds in risk-on/risk-off scenarios and all this is then closely connected to foreign exchange as flows come in and out of currencies in those scenarios. For example borrow few hundred mill in JPY because of the interest rates there and then sell your JPY for USD, which is a long position in USDJPY, to invest in companies in the US or take the yen you borrew and do a carry trade to take advantage of interest rate differentials between say for example AUD so you have a long AUDJPY position carry trade.

>How do you think Trump is in the WH currently?
A bunch of midwesterners who bought into his campaign.

>There's no reason /biz couldn't..
Wrong, we cant.

>..We could use the board to_
No. We are not doing this

How much money have
you made reading those books?

Nice, just bought 100k!

I was reading those articles, I just got fed up with responding in that thread, it's irritating when people just disregard everything by saying some one liner like 'it never works', 'read tea leaves', etc. And I guarantee you those sorts of people didn't bother reading those articles either. I try breaking things down about TA, but I just don't see how it's worthwhile honestly. There's too many emotions involved in discussions. And I don't like dragging myself into that.

Why don't you try being the change you want to see, or whatever? Lead by example. Keep being a TAbro and if you do it long enough, more people will become TAbros. Don't just sit here and expect everybody to somehow jump in on the back of the TAtruck. It doesn't work like that. Your little fantasy where Veeky Forumstards actually do something useful won't occur by you trying to convince people to change the culture but by the culture actually changing, and this won't happen except by you being the change you want to see.

Ahhhh ok futures market. Traded oil futures on there for a spell. But I realized day trading as a retail is pretty fucked because of a lot of manipulation.

Bitch your not running shit so fuck off.

You win and you lose and try to win more than you lose. I'm still mastering it myself. Not something that happens just because you read a book. You learn a lot through mistakes. I've made and lost thousands both in the Futures markets and stocks. Very tiny % of people hit the ground running. Good to learn though.

Well of course, but if I can get others to jump in at the start then even better. Which is my only purpose with this thread.

You will fail.

That's the difference between you and I. You're a coward afraid to fail. I'm not. The fact you've felt the need to post 4 times in a thread you have no interest in makes it even funnier. Takes a lot of failure to become a success.

>2015+2
>stock
Why not apply this to crypto. lol.

Please help me. I'm a low confidence loser that sucks in pretty much everything else in life. I need something that I can be good at and I think this maybe it. teach me master so I can be good at something. P.s. I wanna make a ton of money so I can have me some girls

Trading forex is even worst than trading shitcoins.

Because crypto's an unregulated market the federal gov could come in and shutdown while all of your money is still in there, similar to how they did nline poker sites years ago. If they cant tax it they shut it down.

Perhaps. Seems like it would be much more profitable for them to (finish) creating blockchain trackers with the assistance of major exchanges to track down tax avoiders.

But I think it's more likely that crypto will be too powerful for the taxman and paying tax would become laughable.

Or, if anything, you use this insane momentum of crypto, get some smart guys to look for these golden eggs of crpto, then when it gets shutdown just transition to something nice and safe with your group.

Maybe you won't get such immediate resistance.

No I actually want you to succeed so you can look back and say fuck the haters.
Hopefully it motivates you seeing that others want you to fail.
You will fail.

Well anyone welcome to learn the TA which is applicable to any market. Everyone should learn the fundamental economics on what drives any market which will ultimately determine long range results. Problem with unregulated markets (and even some regulated markets like commodities on the futures markets) is that there can be a lot of behind the scenes manipulation.

Take for instance oil futures. In 2015 when OPEC was still flooding the markets with oil trying to bankrupt American oil frackers (didn't work) the price of oil was still rising while the fundamentals spelled certain depressed value for it. I mean everyone was like wtf in forums across the net because there was no way it should have been rising and it was killing retail investors shorting the oil futures market.

Turned out Glencore was steady buying oil futures contracts for months, loading the barrels of oil onto barges and just sailing these barges around the ocean pumping the prices. Once they killed all the shorts (people betting the price will fall) who finally had to sell off, many of whom said fuck it and then went long (people betting the price will rise), they dumped all their contracts, sold all the oil at the high price (ie think of selling off all your stock and bottoming out the price), and shorted the oil market since this made the price fall eating up all the longs.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-12/glencore-manipulating-price-oil-swiss-trader-holds-over-30-june-brent-supply

No doubt it was a brilliant move, and highly illegal to do were it here in America on a regulated American market. But futures operate outside of American regulation.

The big banks like Goldman and JP Morgan did the same thing with aluminum and copper markets. Retail investors tried to sue them since they themselves operated in America, but the courts found them not guilty.

nakedcapitalism.com/2013/07/how-goldman-made-5-billion-by-manipulating-aluminum-inventories-and-copper-is-up-next.html
My point being, this same strategy is used in any unregulated market, such as it is undoubtedly used on a far bigger scale in the coin market with zero regulation anywhere.

lol

Don't go broke by allocating 1-5% of total portfolio to one asset, buy order only on daily/weekky lows while being heavily oversold, stop loss 5% below or more depending on the circumstance, taking 100% profit on the double and playing the rest or hodling for later.

Staying in the game since 2015, it's nice to make x10 your initial investment but it doesn't mean a lot when it's down -80% thanks to just one fatal mistake at the wrong time.

I'm defensive because I'm a proud NEET, I made it and so have many others, the ones losing here are the newfags who came less than 2 months ago.

It used to be like this when before crypto currency.