Spend $2800 on a mining rig at the height of ETH

>spend $2800 on a mining rig at the height of ETH
>this is now my projected earnings

anyone else in this boat?

lol that's awful. does that included electricity?

that's fucking shit

electricity is free

Seriously? I spent $2240 and make more than that.
Don't be flustered, it will pay itself off fully over enough time.
Imagine how butthurt you would be right now if you instead invested that $2800 all at $340 a coin and now it's down to ~$245.

What is with so many people having free electricity? Are you in a dorm or something?

That looks perfectly normal. A few months to pay off investment and then profit. What exactly did you expect?

I gain like 500$ from my rig that ı built with 2110$ and used to gain a lot more when ETH was 400$

>mfw op probably bought overpriced rx 570's

I bet you're one of the retards buying this card at 2x its worth.

not him but i'm in the same boat
got 6 1070s, made around 160 cad worth of btc so far using nicehash getting a little over 3.50$ (maplebux not burgerbux) per gpu at current rates
live with parents in an apartment so utilities are covered as long as we don't do some massive usage that makes their meters go crazy. People are using A/C and shit anyway which uses more than my rig anyway (around 650 660 watts for all 6 gpu+mob cpu etc) power limited to around 90 95 watts per gpu

TFW electricity is so expensive here it's impracticable to mine anything ever...

Germanistan?

Straya.

What's the cost there like?

I hid it in the office.

I thought I could pull 170MH/s but I have one GPU that gets a lot of incorrect shares despite me lowering the clocks and 2 GPUs that I couldn't find functional BIOS mods for

>I hid it in the office.
lol awesome

you really did buy in at the very end. ethereums trying to move away from POW, so either difficulty is going up significantly, or rewards are going down.

ethereum isn't a miners coin anymore, theres probably only a few months left before a lot of people get priced out of mining, which sucks for the independent miners, but its better than bitcoin's chink mining cartel.

You can either go an anytime rate which is 27.74c kWh
Or
You can go peak/off-peak which is
Peak Usage (7am-11pm, Mon-Fri) 34.1c kWh
Off Peak - 16.97c kWh

Wow you spent 2.3k on 3 gpus, a mobo, psu and some risers?

You got ripped off son. Should have just spent the money on buying crypto

Or start mining CHC or UBQ

ETH POW is over soon. You won't have enough time to get 100% ROI mining it.

6 GPUs

So whats the issue? You'll break even in 10 months, maybe 12 if difficulty goes up. 12 m from now we'll be on partial proof of stake

trying to lower eth difficulty for their own profit

Wew lad
Maplebux are close to strayabux we pay 7.7¢ 7 pm to am and peak hours is like 15 and whatever else is around 10 or so

i fucking hate that little beaner fucking anchor should go the fuck back

repeal the 14th

tfw paid 800 for my rig and it still makes 12$ everyday ( 18.60 if excluding Electricity )

>I hid it in the office.
lmao that's great

What components?
480s at msrp?

>spending money on GPU mining during a hype cycle guaranteed to up the difficulty

Jesus dude. you could probably run a natural gas gen set and still spend less.

My miners are performing a lot better than OP, but I figured I'd get started expanding now and keep expanding till it bottoms out and starts all over again. Just gonna hold btc mostly till we get above 3k again.

Wait I take this back, that's horrible for 2800$.

Which GPUs?

neckbeards living in the basement.

I have 4 580s and 2 570s

>he fell for the eth meme. Nice job, retard.

Sage

Yep i bought around 6k of genesis mining ether

Where I live, you can pay 20$ more on rent and have unlimited electricity and heating. Not a bad deal.

>mining

lol. dont spend thousands on graphic cards if you want to make money, unless you are an insider on upcoming coins that will be pumped and dumped.

that money would be better spent on hookers or trading crypto.

It's 55cents/kW hour in QLD :(

mine ubiq

I'm currently trying to install a mining program on mine, but I have no idea how to use Ubuntu and didn't want to buy Windows

you're in one of the most sunny places in the world

consider figuring out how to make your rigs run on solar energy 24/7 with solar panels

> implying it wont cost the same amount he spent on his mining rig to buy the solar panels to power his mining rig

>not mining zcash or some other equihash shitcoin with nvidia

I spent $1600 on my rig and my projected earnings are so low that it would take me a year to break even.

do you know how much solar panels cost?

>solar energy
>24/7
:^)