Is Christianity just a reformed, liberalized version of judaism that's more welcoming towards foreign converts?

is Christianity just a reformed, liberalized version of judaism that's more welcoming towards foreign converts?

>Is [X] just [Y], except [Very simple extension]
No

No, we got the incarnation and the trinity. God was a human and so in the christianized west we tend to value human life and individuality more.

No, Christianity is an ultra-Hellenized Judaism or even a Judaized version of the Greek Philosophy.

>The pope washes lowlifes' feet once a year each Easter
>Like Jesus commanded to humble himself
>Oh the horror

I don't get why /pol/fags keep chimping out over it.

Depends on if you're a proper catholic Christian, or if you're some false sect
If the former, it does not matter what it is as it is the way, the life, and the truth

That's kind of what I always thought. Jesus sought to remove the Jewish monopoly on God, and, in doing so, created an incredibly accessible religion.

What's the point of that one black kid photo taken sideways
Also that American """"orthodox"""" cherry picks his beliefs, whilst all orthodox churches are split along nationalistic lines so can't really be said to be one united faith.

Apostolics
>I prayed the Jesus prayer a thousand times everyday for the past year, why are we being genocided?

Protestants
>so Jesus can be black, Asian, Native American or whoever you want him to be because he's in you. Ok so next week's fair is coming up and.....

Jews allow conversions though, if they didn't, Christianity wouldn't have formed as a religion.

Why are people on this board so misinformed about basic facts? Sometimes the threads on here borderline on being or directly are /x/.

the pope kissed muslim feet.
during a muslim invasion of europe.

>Jews allow conversions though

it's really hard, you gotta obey every law and become a fanatic, and even then most orthodox jews don't take converts seriously.

What's wrong with one parish getting one family
It prevents ghettoes

>Muslim invasion
Yes the sultan rises again

> sultan
I'm pretty sure "Caliph(at)" would be a better term.

The one that does not really exist, which was supported by that organization that has now lost all of its relevance?
Get a grip on reality, my friend.

No, I mean "sultan" is a regular secular ruler, something like a king, so there is no "the sultan". "Caliph", on the other hand, is a religious as well as a secular ruler, something like the Pope + an Emperor, and there's supposed to be only one Caliph in the (Sunni) Islamic community.

No

Loosely, Christianity is to Judaism as Mormonism is to Christianity. The Jewish people do NOT have a monopoly on The Holy One Blessed be He, and it is a requirement for all sons of Adam to observe His laws and believe in Him.

No
Kinda right. But even then, off.

The notion that the various OT figures (Adam, Eve, Moses, David, the prophets, Seth, Cain, Able, ect) were exclusively the intellectual property of what is commonly known as pharisaical Judaism is false. During the Hellenistic era you had various sects of what can be known as proto-gnostics which involved the previous mentioned figures in some forms or another. After the Hellenistic era when groups such as Gnostics or Christianity came about they weren't "appropriating" Jewish figures: They were simply utilizing religious figures which and religious text which were already relatively commonplace around MENA and Southeastern Europe.

>sultan was a normal king
No in Islam all roles are both secular and religious compared to Christianity where it was a lot more standardised

No, it's consent to being permanently transformed into someone who can live face-to-face with the living God forever.