If China wanted to they could shut down Bitcoin tomorrow since at least 75% of the hash rate is under their control...

If China wanted to they could shut down Bitcoin tomorrow since at least 75% of the hash rate is under their control. Arguably it would be far harder to take down VertCoin since you would need to take out a lot more than 3 entities to take out the majority of the hash rate. Plus, imagine in the future if everyone is mining in their home, this gives people a stake in the coin and massively decentralises the network. Vertcoin is ultimately a currency where the miners are the community, unlike in BTC where the miners and community are completely different groups of people.

Other urls found in this thread:

learncryptography.com/cryptocurrency/51-attack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Vertcoin

Can I have your home address? I would like to come over and kill you for being a degen shill. Please respond and I will gladly come to cut you off from those ultra slim, mega remote, think chances of you ever procreating and letting those degen genes continue.

t. Butthurt chink who wants a monopoly on mining

Ethereum is also rather decentralized.
Their PoW algorithm is just as ASIC resistant as Vertcoin's, if not more.

operative phrase being

>if China wanted to

Why would they want to do that?

That's ending soon. Mining ethereum for individual, small time miners is going to become unviable.

Manipulate price? Economic terrorism?

The fact that they have majority hold over bitcoin's hashrates scares me, and it should scare you too.

Dude fuck China.

Also, what would happen if the Chinese government does something crazy?

They're not known for being a democratic and humanitarian government after all.

He isn't wrong though. All the Chinese government has to do is signal, not even initiate, but signal that they're going to apply foreign exchange regulations onto cryptocurrencies or even just bitcoins, which limits transactions to like $50,000. If they make that signaling, Bitcoin will tank. All regulation targets the exchanges, the same is true in China and now in South Korea.

>Vertcoin
how much have you lost so far on this scam?

crypto is not intended to be a currency you hold on to (yet). get in, get out, make some real money. you're thinking too much into this and i'm p. sure you don't understand what decentralized even means.

Every mining operation is dependent on energy prices. Do you think the chinese care if they run a factory hall full of asics or gpus?

Fair point. Would there be any indication that a catastrophic collapse of BTC by the slopes was about to happen? Things like mass sell-offs, massive losses of hash power from Chinese mining farms pulling the plug, shit like that? I'm not so much worried about potential slope fuckery (which is imho inevitable, BTC mining is becoming too malleable on a large scale for its own good). What matters to me is that those who think to look know WHERE to look and WHAT to look for.

The American Federal Government is no better. Any displays of democracy or humanitarianism shown to the public are essentially there to incept good feelz upon demographics smart enough to watch the government, but too dumb to read in to their alterior motives. There would be Abrams tanks parked outside the homes of anyone running a mining rig the second cryptocurrency began to pose a threat to existing U.S. financial power structures.

If china shut down all BTC mining in their country, all it would do is make small scale mining of BTC profitable again, dummies.

>If china shut down all BTC mining in their country
OP didn't say "shut down mining".
China could shut down Bitcoin because they control over 50% of the network.

>i'm p. sure you don't understand what decentralized even means.
I'm not sure if _you_ know what it means.
ASIC resistant PoW algorithms, like the one used in Vertcoin, are much more likely to result in decentralized mining

>China could shut down Bitcoin because they control over 50% of the network.
No. That would only reduce the hashpower
>ASIC resistant PoW algorithms
No such thing is possible + if it was, you have sybill attack issues

Monero is the most decentralized.

>No. That would only reduce the hashpower
learncryptography.com/cryptocurrency/51-attack

>No such thing is possible
Wow. Read up on DaggerHashimoto and try to implement it on an FPGA. Then fail.

>learncryptography.com/cryptocurrency/51-attack
Shutting down or 51% attack. Pick one.
>Wow. Read up on DaggerHashimoto and try to implement it on an FPGA. Then fail.
Are you a genuine retard? Do you know what ASIC stands for? There's no such thing as ASIC resistance in PoW
+ Sybill attack is way worse than the presence of asics

>clearly doesn't know what hash rate means

>That's ending soon. Mining ethereum for individual, small time miners is going to become unviable.

there will be another fork, 100% gauranteed.

damn right, extremely profitable.

Kek. The normies are here.

Understanding how mining works, the sign of a normie.

Why would they shut it down when they're making gainz from it?

andi could eat my own dick, but i dont because why the fuck would i