Nobody ever asks this question, but why was there a Civil War?

Nobody ever asks this question, but why was there a Civil War?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you made me smile. good job.

Oh, you know, things. Andrew Jackson wouldn't have let that happen, that's for sure. What a big heart on that guy

It certainly wasn't over slavery, let me tell you that. In fact, nobody in the south had ever seen a slave in their life, and all southerners treated their slaves well (even though of course they didn't have any). Confederates dindu nuffin. It was the north (who actually had all the slaves ever for real) who wanted to hurt the poor little south because they were so evil ;-; (the north that is, not the south who treated their slaves super well don't you know).

Also niggers deserved slavery because I hate them so much.

the North (Anglos, Jews, Italians etc) could not allow the South (Germans, Scandinavians) to prosper

Watch the first episode of "Ken Burns: the civil war"

because Andrew Jackson was too late

>the South
>Germans, Scandinavians
lol

This. Yankees aren't actually people.

Rich slave-owners didn't want to change their ways

Latter two groups didn't start coming to the US in large numbers until the late 19th century. Also:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin

made me kek

>inb4 MUH INDIAN GENOCIDE

It was about Lincoln wanting to poison the country by filling it with niggers and rednecks. Even if slavery was the original justification, it wasn't the biggest effect of the war even at the time.

But to be in the clan you had to be WASP and Teutons aren't Anglo Saxons

Because if states could leave like that what stops the whole union breaking up, and states annexing each other

While it's true that the issue of slavery incited a lot of the push for the secession and the later civil war, I think that saying the Civil War was fought over slavery is like saying WW1 was fought over the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. There were a lot of deep rooted issues stretching back decades which each had their own role in the war.

Like slavery, for instance.

Permission to post this on pol as bait?

I have never laughed so hard at something so deliberate in a very long time

Definitely nothing about slavery causing a senator to be beat close to death in the senate for the very first time, splitting the nation and politicians.

Go ahead, burst those Trumpet's bubble.

>north was industrialized, south wasn't
>gov't wanted to remove tariffs, north would've survived it, the south wouldn't
>south felt their way of life was threatened and they underrepresented in government

also, anyone got a good book to read about the civil war?

>Preston Brooks (D-SC)

Really makes you think...

The first thing I thought of when I watched that stupid fucking interview with this place and the typical 361 posts 126 images omitted that result from this question

Wow Americans are pricks when it comes to their own history, does it shock you if i said that every country in the world besides America isn't indoctrinated about it's history?

Made me chuckle

>Asking for permission to save a picture
How many layers of irony are there in this bait?