Guise, serious question here. Could Andrew Jackson have stopped the Civil War?

Guise, serious question here. Could Andrew Jackson have stopped the Civil War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk
forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2016/03/03/has-donald-trump-underperformed-in-the-real-estate-business/#4491c5ba4bfd
businessinsider.com/trump-trade-merkel-germany-eu-2017-4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The guy had a really big heart. He was clearly disgusted by the fact that it was going on.

Not without a time machine, as he died in 1845, 16 years before the war. Also before the effects of the Mexican War, bleeding Kansas, etc.

How exactly? He prevented cessation of carolina but that was like 30 odd years before the civil war and im pretty sure he wasn't around anymore by then. What's with the civilwar shitposting today?

Donald Trump gave a weird semi-lucid interview where he ran off topic with some bizarre shit about how Andrew Jackson would have stopped the Civil War. Probably had a head full of coke.

Since President Trump has been doing alot of research into Andrew Jackson during his campaign (better than Obama who was too busy in the choom gang to research anyone beyond Malcolm X and mlk) Trump was probably just voicing his opinion. It's an interesting alternate history.

>Trump
>doing research

Good one. The only reason he gives to shits about Jackson is because he's a contrarian. Liberals don't like Jackson, therefore he does. The man's a retard.

>mom look! I'm a cuckold!

Do not speak about the President in this fashion.

>y-y-you're a cuck!

This is Trump's level of argument.

>librul anally devastated

I mean, if he had let South Carolina go, maybe. But that's a pretty speculative counterfactual.

>Successful billionaire who outplayed the media at every turn doesn't do his research
Trump is probably the most researched president we've had in a long time. Certainly more researched than affirmative action man, dubya and the saxophonist.

This has to be b8.

Well the civil war started because a sectarian party opposed to slavery was elected. Meanwhile Jackson was a slave owner who appealed to the North and South. He wouldn't have to stop a civil war because there wouldn't have been one brewing.

Having a good instinct for conning people isn't the same as being intelligent or doing research, buckaroo.
Plus Andrew Jackson had the best hair of any president. Trump, not so much.

Short answer yes.

Long answer? Yes he would have. Lincoln was a weak little cuck hated by the south and knowingly hand picked by the powers that be to incite a war that would allow the very enemy Jackson fought against to profit.

shut up libtard faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

Inb4 >b-but he won the war you stupid rebel!

I'm a northerner. Lincoln only won because he resorted to tyrannical practice to enforce his will like a true weak willed beta that needs force to get even those on his side to do his bidding.

>Successful billionaire

He inherited a real estate empire and substantially underperformed the market. It's also quite likely he's been in the red since 2007. And there has never been a president who knew less about the job upon taking office. His real talent is in getting a certain type of person to be impressed by him, but that's almost certainly not the result of "research," of which he famously and proudly does virtually none.

I'm not even an American and don't care about your elections but you sound like a college student that reads huffington post and than regurgurates this with a smug face to argue with your slightly racist uncle at dinner.

He is stating fact.

And you sound like my racist uncle. Honestly this /pol/ with dates and global rule 3 applies. I wish you people would just stay on /pol/ and leave Veeky Forums alone.

And you came to this conclusion based on honest research of the past 40 years of the real estate market of course.

Not my own research, but it's pretty straightforward:

forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2016/03/03/has-donald-trump-underperformed-in-the-real-estate-business/#4491c5ba4bfd

Donald Trump is literally, objectively a below average businessman. And that includes all the money he's made playing the character of a good businessman in reality shows, the scam "university," etc.

>Billions of dollars worth of valuable properties all over the world
>below average businessman
Did you know you had to be over 15 to post here, lad?

>wealth tied up in real estate
>this means he did poorly

I don't think you understand what a real estate mogul actually is. The man's a genius whether you like it or not. If you could really "get lucky" and fall into the presidency by "being a dumb racist slob that bad mouths everyone and appeals to rural and suburban retards" then David Duke should've been president twice over already.

You may not like him, but he's both more intelligent and more capable than you are.

Seems like neither one of you read the article or understand what an investment is. Yes, he "did poorly" because his holdings jncreased in value less than market as a whole did. I
Essentially, he would be a lot richer now of he had been completely hands off with his inheritance. He is a poor businessman.

When he doesn't know who Fredrick Douglass is or says zany shot about Jackson preventing the civil war, is say didn't do the research.

What I want to know is, what should the media be reporting on instead of this. Typically this is how he misdirected people, or his administration take advantage of it anyway.

>Fredrick Douglass
Literally who?

>wealth tied up in real estate
>>this means he did poorly

Who said that?

The only clear financial success he's had that publicly known is that he sold himself to the media as a cheesy image of "success", and sold his name to developers accordingly.

The dude never read a history book in his life, I'll wager.

>Literally who?

This is how he makes ignorant nonsense work for him. He says something retarded, and lots of people make fun of him for it. But lots more people were just as ignorant, so when he gets made fun of it's like they're being made fun of too, which gets them on his side. Trump's base is people who resent being mocked for their ignorance.

>not knowing "literally who" is a sarcastic way to express a historical figures irrelevance
Reminds me of how William F. Buckley was shocked to learn more Americans knew who Harriet Tubman was than Joseph Stalin. And this was in the 60s. Douglass is a literally who because he's an insignificant mulatto in the grand scheme of things who might be important to you but certainly has no reason to be for many people. Including Trump.

I'd take a biography of Andrew Jackson over a biography on Douglass any day.

>I'd take a biography of Andrew Jackson over a biography on Douglass any day.

Ok, but the point is Donnie would never read either, or any other book, including his own. His statements about Jackson are just as dumb as his statements about everything else. What's not clear is how intentional that is.

You literally accuse me of being pol for making a pretty neutral statement of how full of self confidence while being actually superficial and regurgitated your arguments are. I would say the same thing to someone who uses similar arguments to support the other side. Usually original people post here, but you make this thread look like my facebook feed.

>he doesn't know my nobody figure
>he doesn't know important people in history
like he said, literally who? sorry but every affirmative action historical character isn't worth learning about. if you can learn about them then you can learn even more about other important events instead. time is limited and random people of color aren't the most important thing around just cause it helps the narrative. there's 2500+ years of history you can learn and random colored people aren't that important compared to all the other random minority people you can pick at any given time in history.

>Ok, but the point is Donnie would never read either, or any other book, including his own.
>"including his own"
Has leftypol reached delusions not thought possible?

Are you saying you think he actually wrote a book?

Of course he wrote it

>When he doesn't know who Fredrick Douglass is or says zany shot about Jackson preventing the civil war, is say didn't do the research.
literally fake news. the quote in that tweet gives know indication that he didn't know who he was. it's just more reaching my the left to make him look racist and dumb

>Trump is probably the most researched president we've had in a long time
He's literally said in interviews that he almost never reads. And that he's too busy for the books.

t. Banker

jackson probably would have preemptively struck down the southern elites and shipped the slaves to cuba or brazil.

Remember that Merkel had to explain the basics of what the EU is to him 11 times before he understood and then forgot again

>Remember that Merkel had to explain the basics of what the EU is to him 11 times before he understood and then forgot again
source?

also what is idiotic about that picture?

I'm not gonna lie it's endearing that he did that. It's like a kid showing his parents the good grades he got in school.

>also what is idiotic about that picture?

Go to bed you have school in the morning

Andrew Jackson initiated the chain of events that led to the Civil War so no.

can't support your claim so you insult the person who asked for support. you really showed them

Really makes you think...

businessinsider.com/trump-trade-merkel-germany-eu-2017-4

You are naive.

didn't know about that. guess it didn't matter that he didn't know that

yea, big heart and bigger balls

>Jackson preventing the civil war
Well Jackson would've prevented the civil war if his life/presidency hypothetically extended that far. South Carolina tried to secede during Jackson's presidency and he quickly told them they will get raped if they try it.

You can contrast this with Lincoln, who despite being framed by the Confedaracy as a total tyrant was actually a total cuck who was willing to negotiate on everything which gave the South a room to build up the means for seceding.

t. totally a billionaire businessman

The war was so deeply rooted into the foundations of 19th century US politics, culture, and economy it couldn't have been stopped by one man if not at all.

>quit the vice presidency because he was bored and wanted more shit to do in government
Man Calhoun would've been a fun president

>Calls him a cuck
>haha i anally devastated him

i thought he quiy over his dispute with jackson over the nullification crisis

>I'm a northerner.
Irrelevant

>Lincoln only won because he resorted to tyrannical practice to enforce his will like a true weak willed beta that needs force to get even those on his side to do his bidding.
As opposed to the South which was essentially photo-fascism during the war.

The Art of the Deal was written by Tony Schwartz

>photo-fascism
>photo
Kek. But really, it's weird how much states rights lolbertarians masturbate to the Confederacy considering how absurdly constricted and centralized it was

Though I rather enjoy both, I like my /pol/ and Veeky Forums seperate. Not to mention you're the cancer that's killing actual discussion on pol.

To be fair, I took a subject at uni on the EU and I still have no idea how that thing works. The framework is fucking confusing as shit, especially for a non European.

Off yourself and all of you guys who voted that fucking idiot

Not a problem if you are not gonna be the president of the united states senpai

Celebrities (and many non-celebrities) often hire writers to write books in their names. Considering how illiterate Trump is, there's little doubt about this one.

lol. having a hard time grasping that it doesn't matter if the president doesn't know details like that, aren't you? it's just the democrats that blow stuff like this out of proportion. OH NO TRUMP DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE NUCLEAR TRIAD IS!!!!! OH NO TRUMP THINKS YOU CAN MAKE A TRADE DEAL WITH GERMANY, THE HORROR! OH NO TRUMP DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT CIVIL WAR HISTORY, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!!!!!!

Which is why all the other Realtors who have been active during the same period of time are billionaires now

I'm pretty sure this is only a thing to make the $20 a new political football media distraction and rallying call for his supporters. I don't thin he gives an actual shit about Jackson except he can make a controversy out of it.

Not him but
>replies twice to show someone how NOT butthurt/baited they are

The argument in this article, if I'm understanding it correctly, is that had Trump just invested his $200 million in that real estate index he would have made more money than he did by using it in his own business.

The problem with this argument is the assumption that the goal is to make the most amount of money possible. Someone who uses $200 million dollars to create a successful business should be applauded far more than someone who just invests it in an index and lets it compound.

shut up trumpet shill

> Man who has control of the nukes
> doesn't know what delivery platforms are

I don't see a problem with that.

>supporting Trump

What's it like to not have a college degree? What does it feel like to be so dumb?

>all these retards talking about drumpf when AJ had many north/south controversies during his presidency that lead to the civil war
In the words of drumpf himself, Sad!

He really would've.

Apart from the fact he was a proslavery zealot (not surprising given his background), I'd probably vote for him today.

Look buddy I have a college degree, my friends are very very smart people. We've all been to college you know? We've helped invent big big things. Some of you here are just embarrassing, just embarrassing. I know it, the people know it, everyone knows it! Sad!

me either, especially since he doesn't have complete control of the nukes

bumping thread

Same, not into the slavery shit but he and Jackson were great men.

Kys hilldawg

Your lesbian basket-weaving certificate doesn't count as a degree sweetie.

From one Yankee to the next: shut the fuck up. You obviously know nothing about the civil war, or Lincoln.

First of all, even the southern historian Shelby Foote admitted that the north was basically fighting with one hand tied behind its back. The more he studied the war, the more convinced he was of the inevitability of the north's victory. By every conceivable metric the north was out-competing the south, their only real shot at independence was securing European recognition of statehood, and Europeans weren't that any more keen than Yankees to listen to confederate arguments justifying slavery.

>m-muh habeus corpus
They're called emergency war time powers. His goal wasn't to preserve people's feelings, his goal was to win the war at any costs. That doesn't make him a beta that makes him an alpha, because winning in war requires a certain level of ruthlessness.

Jefferson Davis often lamented regrettably at how constrained his powers were compared to Lincoln, when Lee's Virginians are dying of exposure while the governor of South Carolina is hording uniforms and there's nothing Davis can do about it because muh states rights. The worst possible thing that a country at war can have is a weak executive authority.

In all his personal correspondences Lincoln detested slavery and compared it to life under his loutish father, who worked him tirelessly for more beer money. The most delicious irony of the Civil War is that freeing the slaves only became politically feasible thanks to the emergency war time powers... for a war that southerners started to maintain slavery.

>their only real shot at independence was securing European recognition of statehood

Well that or McClellan beating Lincoln in the 1864 Election, which might have indeed happened had the Confederacy not experienced irrecoverable reversals that year (the loss of Atlanta and Lee becoming bogged down defending Petersburg most especially).

Thats a good way to look at it, lets do a little mental exercise here and say the Andrew Jackson was president for the civil war, how could he have prevented it or led the Union to a speedy end to the conflict?

>what is delegation

Im sure whoever oversees the control of the nukes is doing a good job

Also, fuck the EU

Done what he said he would do during the Nullification Crisis, and made the war start earlier and be way bloodier.

Then resign or end the war with Confederate independence once his home state left.

>Lincoln detested slavery and compared it to life under his loutish father, who worked him tirelessly for more beer money.
>who worked him tirelessly for more beer money.

lolwut

Lincoln's family were strict Baptists who abhorred drinking and dancing (although he and his father did supposedly do distilling on the side). His father worked him hard because his mother died and his own health began to fail early on.

>way bloodier.

Except the improvements in long-range rifles and artillery pieces that rendered Napoleonic tactics useless by 1861 hadn't occurred yet.

Nigger are you denying the reality that Lincoln's father was a drunk? This is attested by multiple sources. His mom dying certainly meant that Lincoln had to work around the house but not to the extent that he did.

>M-muh cawnstitutional riiiiights!
>Muh tyranny

You're not a Northerner. You're a Dixiecuck pretending to be a Northerner so you can pretend your argument has any leg to stand on.

>I'm not even American
Bullshit
>But you sound like a college student
Cool way of addressing the facts that were laid out, faggot. You got any more of those hot opinions?

>jumps right into the useless degree bullshit
Like clockwork. Have a free (you)

Well there you have it folks.

Proof that the Yankee has no respect for God-given Rights

Not that guy, but I know plenty of folks in my generation who graduated with useless degrees and 40+k in debt.
Pretending any college degree is the same leg up it used to be just no longer applies these days. Jeeze one girl I know is still working at gas stations.

Honestly, it is ironic. In a welfare society, stupid people are supported by the state. This allows them to breed, which stupid people do more then smart people. In a democracy, this means stupid people will eventually always choose who rules.

So many idiots with degrees think with their hearts instead of their heads, and can't wrap their mind around the many, MANY consequences of a nanny state (healthcare, welfare, ect).

In my lifetime I'm going to get to watch America eat itself unless something is done, depressing. At any rate, hard times ahead.

Also, unless you have a Masters in a STEM field you are a faggot, and shouldn't have the right to vote, because you are a retarded child.

At least Trump is willing and sounds like he is trying to learn on the fly. It would be much worse if he refused to learn anything honestly.

The world has just grown so complicated that I feel bad for new generations being born.