Is it moral to use force to stop people from killing themselves

Is it moral to use force to stop people from killing themselves.

Depends on your morals

Depends. It's more of a calculation problem than anything.

The suicidal don't see the obvious fucking way aka MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE. RUN AWAY. But instead most people are faggots who just can't endure moving to another country and learning another culture and in the process being empowered by truimph over difficulty.

Instead they actually get depressed when their fucking girlfriend breaks up with them.

If I were a despot of the world, I'd have all such petty suicidals crucified. Because if they're faggots in the decision to suicide as opposed to MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE, they're probably faggots in innumerable other areas in their life.

No, their body their choice.

Depends on their reason. I think a lot of suicide is just people being histrionic fags but I would say there are good reasons to kill yourself.

delet this

Yes.

This guy is too smart and tough to just let the suicidal do his despotic work for him.

I support the idea of death sentence for failed attempt of suicide. At least that will scare the attention whores.

If you think moving somewhere else is a solution to the problems that drive people to suicide, you are frankly quite god damn retarded.

kek that's sprained ankle tier height

This

Forcing people to live even if they don't want to is a whole different kind of sadism

Not really. The major things are a shitty community, shitty family, and shitty environment.

Moving and cutting off ties are healthy responses to these factors. Eating better food and being in better weather and being around a society that you consider "sane" does what a million sessions of talk therapy cannot do.

Instead of encouraging people to leave shitty cultures, our society encourages people to make a sadistic compromise. Where they stay in the same conditions and yet experience such a magic change in cognition that they're happy again.

Which is a fool's dream.

Most suicides are not in their right mind. I would stop a suicide for the same reasons I would stop a sleepwalker from wandering into traffic. If a rational person wants to kill himself, it's quite easy for him to do so in a way that can't be interrupted.

It depends on their reasoning and age, I think.

If you have an 80 yr old that wants to go out on his own terms, or is terminally ill, then no one should stop him if he wants to end it.

If you have a 14 yr old that failed 2 tests and got called a fag by someone on the same day and just can't take it anymore, a parent or teacher should intervene.

People can be suicidal for many different reasons.

If you're the same poster in these two, you really need to question your stances on this.

You say you'd kill suicidal people because they're weak faggots, but you also say the best way to deal with problems is to run from them.

The best way to deal with problems is to fix them and some of the happiest people you will find in this world are the "crusader" types that make large efforts to fix their community, environment, and families.

Also, as someone who has moved 10 times in the last 3 years, I can tell you from experience moving often enough just weakens your ties to everywhere, it's not a solution to anything.

Why not just open the Bureau for Assisting Suicide?
Saves us all the messy jumps and what not.

>but you also say the best way to deal with problems is to run from them.

Surprisingly, yes. People in a culture aren't going to change their culture for you. Family members aren't going to stop treating you like shit because you say "stop". Bad food doesn't stop being bad because you're unhealthy.

>The best way to deal with problems is to fix them

The resources that depressed people have contradict any will to "fix" conditions. If you're depressed over a fucking breakup, it's a sign that society is so shitty that you needed the Oxycontin pump to tolerate your environment.

>Also, as someone who has moved 10 times in the last 3 years, I can tell you from experience moving often enough just weakens your ties to everywhere, it's not a solution to anything.

But why did you move? I can move to Alaska and do basic physical labor for something like $20-$24 an hour. If I still was depressed in the same way.

People make horrific compromises just to stay in the same shitty environment. EX: Los Angeles. There's no reason to be stuck in soul-destroying traffic every fucking day. Yet people make compromises because they're too afraid of dealing with adjusting to a (saner) environment.

I have borderline personality disorder. Im a "functioning" member of society I work as a paramedic. What people dont know that legitimate mental disordes are prety much untreatable. If your dog/mom/cat died and now youre sad thats not deppresion yore just sad. The most fucked up thing is being constantly suicidical sad and pathethic and no amount of medicine or theraphy will ever fix it. So bassicly if youre sick in the head you should be allowed to suicide. People who are attempting to kys are 9 out of 10 times attention whoring. The remaining 1 however should be alowed and even helped. Everyday I wish to die but I pretend that im fine and that the decade of theraphy and medicine helped me. In truth im just waiting until my parents die so I can kill myself guilt-free

Yeah, I would totally trust you with my life....

Move to a different society entirely. If you feel you are merely going through the motions of life, then fucking move to a different country. The game of adjustment and survival will be too preoccupying to entertain the same thoughts of self-annihilation looking at the same shitty people...

>People in a culture aren't going to change their culture for you. Family members aren't going to stop treating you like shit because you say "stop". Bad food doesn't stop being bad because you're unhealthy.

Yes, that's all true, but what I'm saying is that you or a hypothetical depressed person can change their behavior to make these things less of a burden or a non-issue. The food part is the easiest to remedy by just avoiding the unhealthy food. Culture and Family are much harder to change, but they're not impossible to change. Plus, unless you move to another country the culture thing isn't something you can really run from.

>The resources that depressed people have contradict any will to "fix" conditions. If you're depressed over a fucking breakup, it's a sign that society is so shitty that you needed the Oxycontin pump to tolerate your environment.

A depressed person can still maintain an adversarial attitude toward their own sadness. Plus, I'd agree there is a lot that could make someone sad about current society, but a person is still ultimately responsible for themselves and every time you list a problem as external and immobile you're making your depression worse, when it doesn't need to be.

>But why did you move?
I moved for work mostly. They kept giving me different large swaths of the US to cover, so sometimes I would try out different cities/areas within the territory they had me covering. I've seen that rural or urban pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi is the same. I have preferences, but ultimately needing to live in one place over another in that area wouldn't make or break my outlook on life.

/thread

>
That height can definitely kill you, that looks to be about a 15-20ft drop.

>Veeky Forums user says there are good reasons to kill yourself.

>dying from a 15ft drop
Are you an old lady?

Trying to stay in Los Angeles would not change it at all.

Now I'm in NorCal and a lot happier because the compromises I make in local society are far less grievous than the constant nihilism of LA traffic, ugly and garish buildings, and ugly people. Cut off contact with my family and a lot happier.

Sometimes the best way to deal attachments is to cut them off. Life isn't about having a happy ending.. It's about dealing with problems in the best way you can aka allowing oneself to grow stronger as opposed to being brow beaten by environmental meaningless and ugliness.

Technicly Im not allowed to work here. But since all my mental doctors were private nobody knows that im sick. However I havent mistreaed a patient once in my career and im quite good at what I doThe people arent shitty mate I am. I have worked in the UK ive did a tour with doctors without borders. Im in italy right now in a experience exchange program. I know you think youre trying to help but some people like me are just fucked in the head and medicine is helpless. The est they could do (and did) is pump me full of antipsychotics. And then when im drugged I barelly feel anything except a sort of blurred out mental pain. Ps. Im from eastern yurop

Well, to be fair, every EMT I ever met was fucked up in the head, because who else would volunteer to scrape people out of wrecked cars?

Godspeed, user, and I changed my mind. I would trust you with my life. Just think of me as everyone you run across who needs your help.

My apologies. I don't know the particulars of conditions in Europe or the "feel" of the society over there.

The type of depression and suicidal tendencies that I've observed, and partly experienced, would be fixed by moving to a lower population density area. Or working in fields that involve a lot of isolation and peace from the over-socialization of man.

You don't just stop one person from killing himself.

Suicide is, for lack of a better word, "contagious." Look it up.

Thank you. The only time when I do not feel like shit is when some serious call happens. When we get a call for a serious trauma or resusication thats when I can say that all the shit stays away from me because the only thing that matters is making sure the patient lives.You see this is a common mistake. Im not sick wih depresion im borderline. Depresion, pardon my cynism, aint shit.when you have bipolar schizophrenia or anything serious you either kill yourself or frequent the mental "hospitals"

Im training to be a paramedic and i have assburgers. Im doing it to prove i can. I aint no CWC

+1 to fucked in the head

>just move somewhere else

Ah yes, running away from rooted problems, that always works.

We've all heard the old saying "You can run away from your problems, they will never catch up to you"

Very popular quote...

If you take care to land right on your head, you might hit the pavement at the right angle and die. But it's more likely you'll just be injured or get severe brain damage, which just ruins your life instead of killing you. Actually it will put you in the hospital which actively prevents you from killing yourself to end the suffering. So jumping off a shallow bridge like that is probably the worst thing a suicidal person could do. It's fantastically stupid.

>Im doing it to prove i can.

Fuck yes. Love this.

If they're trying to kill themselves in public, yes, because then we have to clean their corpse off the pavement. If you wanna kill yourself, fine, but do it at home and don't make other people watch.

I'd gamble that moving to a more "fit" environment is a better mood than trying to handle a whole societal system that makes you depressed and contemplating suicide.

Tell me, are you willing to gamble that the opposite is true? That when surrounded by an environment created by the interactions of a vast amount of people, you should try to feebly change it with mental resources that are degraded because the environment makes you depressed?

It's like playing a pen and paper game. Video games have conditioned players to act like winning an encounter is a right and that they must stay or die.

Running away would allow them to get more resources and experience in less overpowering encounters. And then they'd go back and stomp that lich.

What a stupid fucking thread

What about cases that are not just someone's girlfriend breaking up with them?
What about a hopeless financial situation, a total loss of faith in the worlds, or a strong metaphysical conclusion?

I don't really see how your prescribed method could help any of these cases. Further, your argument seems to me
as being rather self-centered, inconsiderate and contemptuous of others and tries to oversimplify a very complex and hefty concept such as suicide.
There certainly are people who do it for poorly considered reasons, but there are those who given circumstances seem to have very clear reasons
to take their own life.

I do think suicide is immoral, but acceptable as an autonomous act.

Should be stopped when possible, because suicidal tendencies can manifest in different ways that can be harmful to society as a whole, from blowing your brains out abd tying a necktie, to jumping off the bridge over a freeway and shooting up classrooms.

bump

no