Explain how a picture of a fucking hat was able to devestate the atheist community

Explain how a picture of a fucking hat was able to devestate the atheist community.

Because by definition there shouldn't be an atheist community, it's about literally nothing, the absence of something

You must live in a basement and never come out, most atheists won't have even heard of these meme, let alone be "devastated".

I'm not a militant atheist, but I still think that such organizations make sense in countries in which intrusive religious laws are forced upon you.

It doesn't, the picture gives the satisfaction of victory to the user.

The fashion police won.

Great ad hominem, top class debating ability.

yeah man, he was totally "debating' you.

>Replies: 8
>Posters: 7
yeah man, totally not samefagging

It was used to point out that a dogma formed around how to be an atheist

Af hominem is attacking the person without making an argument. That user attacked you and then made an argument after. Literally not ad hominem, you fucking retard (not ad hominem).

>these teiggered tears
Cool story babby. Your ass blasted reaction to the hat picture only proves the fucking point you brainlet ameoba. You're claiming
>hurr durr no-one knows about the fedora meme
is beyond pathetic. Unless your fantasy atheists have no connection to the internet they've all come across it somewhere.

Cry harder faggot.

Is ad hominem the new "nigger".
Dumb nigger

back to >>>r/eddit/

That's not what an ad hominem is user.

This ain't reddit you fag.

>houses the devil within his body
>calls himself "not millitant"

>>a picture of a fucking hat was able to devestate the atheist community
>>seriously believing this
Wow christards are dumber then I thought.

This.

Dumb christfags pretend that it devastates anyone when they lack real arguments.

I knew when I opened this thread it would be full of seething atheists. Fedora picture does it again.

I never claimed that, you are responding to my first post
Can you provide your alternate definition, I am not aware of one but I will listen

I love the way we're in a thread about butthurt Christians spamming hats on obscure corners of the internet and you honestly think you deserve some detailed "argument" that requires some sort of "refutation".

Kek.

>Unless your fantasy atheists have no connection to the internet they've all come across it somewhere.

Never seen it outside Veeky Forums, personally. I very seriously doubt prominent atheist writers like Dawkins or Dennet are aware of it eithet

Atheists hate being related to other atheists.

*tips fedora*

An appeal to prejudice. By insinuating your opponent is 'x' you attempt to undermine the argument in the eyes of neutrals.

ie. the classic you are a redditor. Even if an argument follows the ad hominem is linking the opponents character to a disliked group.

>Redditor spacing. Post dismissed.

> Never seen it outside Veeky Forums
Fedora is literally le reddit meme, user.

Well then you're in for a shock because I am Richard Dawkins and I shitpost on /pol/ 18 hours a day.

>smug 100 %

Because it perfectly captures the impotency of the New Atheist movement. You see, New Atheismā„¢ started gaining mainstream acceptance in the mid aughts with the so-called "Four Horsemen" of Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennet and Harris getting a lot of media attention. What made these prominent atheists fresh and exciting to the press was not their ideas but rather the bold and brash attitude with which they expressed them.

The New Atheists were X-tremeĀ® and while this made them very appealing to adolescent boys it did nothing to counter the boring old critiques against positivism and materialism made by the likes of Hume or Kant. However that did not prevent entertaining personalities like Christopher Hitchens or Ricky Gervais from becoming toasted celebrities and outspoken evangelists for atheism while making a mockery of religious belief.

So what does all this have to do with the fedora meme? Well for all the venom and vitriol that the New Atheists can spew at God and religion it ultimately is as threatening as a neckbeard aggressively doffing his hat at you because at the end of the day there are valid criticisms against their worldview but they still want to pretend like the debate is settled and anyone who believes in God is a dumb dumb doo-doo brain bible-thumping fundie.

At least I think that's part of it. . .

>at the end of the day there are valid criticisms against their worldview
like what?

It's from Tumblr originally and was just a fashion meme that had nothing to do with atheism, then angry Redditors found out that spamming them at atheists was a convenient substitute for getting constantly destroyed in rational discussions.

i would wear a fedora but i dont wanna be associated with the neckbeard filth of reddit. its not even the short-brimmed type you see athiests wear. its the regular, Indiana Jones style

hey op it is effective because it makes it's target angry and whenever someone points out how stupid it is they are only perpetuating it. Much like the word cuck or numale.

>strawman
>valid criticism
topkek

Veeky Forums is not the internet

How can empiricism derive an "ought" from an "is?"

how do you go from that to "there is a god"

>Veeky Forums reddit facebook twitter aren't the internet
Dawkins is never off social media. Without a doubt he knows what *tips* means.