Patientory

How did you guys actually fall for this? Do you do an ounce of critical thinking before buying something with the word Blockchain in it? Have any of you worked in medical records before? First off, this would expose hospitals and medical practitioners to huge amounts of liabilities. I don't know about foreign anons, but here in the US, you should know that doctors get in malpractice suits over minor BS all the time. Having all your information stored on the highly accessible Blockchain would only further that process- making hospitals reluctant to implement it. Second, do you think young, tech-savvy people are the ones filling up hospitals right now? They aren't, it's primarily old people: the Silent Generation and the older end of the Baby Boomers. These people hate technology, if you've ever had a conversation with one. They prefer to speak with their doctors in person rather than have their children or even grandchildren set them up on a new, techy platform. THIRD, this would've made medical information completely accessible- it's the Blockchain, a record remains of everything that happens, at least on Patientory's code. Wallets may be anonymous, but you'd be able to access anyone's medical information.

Some parts of this board are literally 1999-tier retarded when it comes to Blockchain.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jillrichmond/2017/03/10/with-monsoons-of-data-healthcares-salvation-just-may-be-blockchain/#48813b6a35a1
youtube.com/watch?v=NmDS4u1SQO4&t=643s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i knew it!

omg

I didn't buy this but

>thinking the data would be plaintext records and not encrypted
>thinking they medical field as a whole isn't undergoing a massive tech upgrade at the moment

And then some rant about how we won't upgrade this path because were lazy

Ptoy is the worse implementation of other tech that already has a product. Data protection on the blockchain is genius and if you can't see that, then that sucks for you

2/10 made me reply

I bought 20 dollars. Just like I did for every coin that I thought had any chance of success at all.

Roughly doubled my money, should have bought 40 bucks of each one but at the time that seemed like more than I was comfortable spending on altcoins.

i've worked in medical records before and hopped right on it because they spouted that buzzword, now i realize with HIPA that shit will literally never take off, im still holding what i bought because it wasnt that much and i want to see this shit to the ground, but its doomed.
If that african studies meme is true atleast i got a good laugh about it.

>Works in medical records
>Doesnt even know how to spell HIPAA

2 years ago bud, i worked on EPIC. a bunch of 40 year olds that literally didnt know how to use computers telling me what to do.

>All your medical data is encrypted
>Requires your own personal passcode of sorts so that the hospital can get it
>If you're incapacitated and your family or friends don't know it then you're shit out of luck

Really gets the noggin joggin

there is 0 reason to have the token, it doesn't need to exist

fatal flaw in this market: CRYPTO =/= BLOCKCHAIN

crypto is just built ON the blockchain. blockchain is the future. no doubt.

Crypto?

lol

>personal access codes
>not hospital access codes
>or regional access codes
>or national access codes
>not multisig

Someone's noggin is joggin, but it certainly isn't yours

nice fud thread faggots, hope ur shitty btc wall gets eat up before u can take it down

Ive worked in hospital; administration. I can tell you its a load of bullshit. Happy to explain for those interested.

THIS

Anyone that isnt COMPLETELY RETARDED would realize that the medical field moves incredibly slow with technological advancements.
If they were to adopt blockchain technologies it would be SEVERAL DECADES after every other industry adopts it.

Also, did you miss the part about

A F R I C A N S T U D I E S

God I can't wait for the crying threads when this drops as hard a DGB

ok fag keep moving your wall back when you get scared you little cunt I see you

Ico people got a 3x

forbes.com/sites/jillrichmond/2017/03/10/with-monsoons-of-data-healthcares-salvation-just-may-be-blockchain/#48813b6a35a1

a blockchain is never going to replace Oracle RDBMS in probly the next decade at the very least... the author and the originator of ptoy are in fairy land. Typical middle management mentality. Did you see that interview they had.... they were utterly clueless on the tech side.

tl:dr. But i know niggers are co developing this coin so i wont touch it.

Am i the only one who keeps seeing it as Pajeetory

This is absolutely true. IBM is moving into the space aggressively with distributed ledger, maybe a blockchain concept but certainly not mined and dependent on Eth network

youtube.com/watch?v=NmDS4u1SQO4&t=643s

No listen to this interview from the dev. At 17:15 she says that you need a trusted person with your private key if you're incapacitated. And at 19:55 she literally says the DATA WOULD BE GONE if the patient losers his or her private key.

Also the guy asks at 12:00 how she solves the problem about how blockchains aren't good at storing large amounts of data. (Which is an excellent point, look at Bitcoin, it's just simple ledgers and it's already too big for most people to download imagine how fucking huge the blockchain would be with everyone's medical records on it.) She responds that the records are actually just stored on the hospital's centralized server. SO THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT IS DEFEATED.

Also at the end of the interview she starts bullshitting about how there's going to be MACHINE LEARNIN' and DATA AGGREGATIN' to help diagnose patients. How can there be any of that when all the data is apparently going to be encrypted and can only be unlocked with both the patient's (and the doctor's?) private key. She's fucking lying and making shit up.

>How did you guys actually fall for this?
I didn't fall for anything. I made a 250% profit once it got added to bittrex. It was a great decision

I just want to cover some points after reading everything.

1st to say that hospitals hate technology is a joke. Look at the advances in technology over the yrs. than in any other field excluding computer programming.

2nd. How would PTOY make your records less safe?? Right now they are stored in a hospitals central location. Ptoy would encrypt your data and it would then be stored in different places making it less accessible to hackers. Hmm that seems safer to me. And then 2 try and make the argument that the blockchain is less safe? OMFG. Really?? If the blockchain is really less safe then what the duck is it's appeal? Learn to make valid points before you open your mouth.

3rd I've worked in a hospital and yes I was there when EPIC got implemented. It only took 2 weeks and things were running smoothly.

4th someone mentioned the use of a private key and how you need to give it to someone you trust in the event you are incapacitated. That doesn't seem to illogical. I mean serious the key word is trust. Unless you plan on giving your key a complete stranger I don't believe that is much of an argument.

Serious ppl learn to make valid points. Do thorough research 1st.

>hospitals will listen to a crypto-based blockchain platform before they'll trust an established firm like IBM or Amazon offering them a Blockchain-based solution
It's not 2013, everyone knows about Blockchain now. You need to separate your thoughts on Blockchain from cryptocurrency. Blockchain is clearly the future, whether crypto is is still an unanswered question.

The whole problem is this coin is people are shilling it saying its going to wildly appreciate.

If it goes up too much then it becomes useless because accessing peoples records needs to be cheap, not expensive.

The value of the coin being allowed to float is retarded, but the nigger wanted to make a few million of the ico (and you guys gave it to her)

Half these scams in crypto wouldn't exist if people had even basic critical thinking skills.

Like that fucking zirconium coin that claimed they wanted to raise $3m USD to build a factory and pay dividends, dumbasses fell for that shit when anyone with common sense knows it would take more like $300m to build a factory. $3m will buy you a large piece of equipment, that's it.

Nigger cowards took down the Slack invite.

Med student in Europe here, he is still right, we have already a shitton of telemedicine accessible (especially for chronic disease) but there are 3 main obstacles preventing their mass adoption:
- some old practicionners refuse to change their habits (lot of them still write their prescriptions with a pen for example)
- but it's in majority the patients who block the process, most of the people beyond 70 already struggle to make their smart TV work or panic when the internet box doesn't work so seeing them adopting such thing in the 15 coming years is unlikely
- healthcare is still HEAVILY regulated (probably the most regulated sector in the world) and that's why change is always really slow

Finally always be extremely distrustful when a tech product is meant to "revolutionnize healthcare" because the amount of bullshit is even greater than in the rest (see Theranos).

A technology like that definitely has a future but it's far away and too early (ie: I won't invest money in it right now).

>patient loses private key
>sorry youre ded
>hospital runs out off ptoy tokens, cant access medical records
>sorry youre ded again

I had faith in SJW's for the first time in my life.