I am a VP in a prestigious bank in the UK

I am a VP in a prestigious bank in the UK.

I don't mean any old cunts VP, I mean a VP. Not just one of those titles that gets handed out.

But I cant do it. I fake leadership, I fake saying bullshit, I fake making decisions, I fake the networking.

I cant take it anymore, I'm an awkward fuck, I spnd my days faking it, I spend my days pretending to be who I'm not, I make decisions not because I'm decisive or logical but because I'm expecte to make one, so I do without a care int eh world whether its for better or worse.

It's cancer.

Spoiler: So is everyone else

That's because people who study and work in finance have no knowledge or skills in anything tangible or real. Take comfort knowing that all the other VPS are just as hopeless as you.

Man at least you are able to fake it. You achieved a lot, you came this far.

You can and should look into another career, but remember that faking it is a skill and you should be proud of that. I'm sure many other types of place will you an attractive candidate. Think about what you'd like to be doing desu.

> impressed by a fake story on Veeky Forums

use a nicer moisturizer and do more crunches. you'll snap out of it.

I'm getting to the end of it mate, I can't do it much longer. Yeah I've 'made it', so fucking what, I can't deal with this shit anymore. I'm just lying, I'm just pretending not to be me. I'm paid a hell of a lot of money to be some automaton.

It's not about what I want to do, its who I want to be. I won't lie, I've been more 'successful' than most people here but it doesn't mean dick to me anymore, I was driven by that once but day to day I just pretend to be someone else. The decisions I make mean things but I don't care, I just decide A or B and then make my case, I don't give a fuck. I'd rather be on the pleb end of the scale.

kys weako

How much does your bank make doing proprietary trading?

More than you are lead to believe.

As someone with a high heel fetish, those little kitten heels are an insult to the sublime sexuality of 3-4 inch pumps.

Look up "impostor syndrome". I understand where you're coming from. It affected me so badly that I threw away a 7 year long career and more or less ruined my life. Hope you can get a handle on this, OP.

>Spoiler: So is everyone else

Also, this. Even though I still can't internalize it, I believe this is more true than we'd care to believe.

I believe they make about half of their income doing proprietary trading while most people don't even know they do that.
Do they in the UK make more than the US banks report to the US government (pic related)? I bet they do and that would explain why London is the city is the center of the global flows.

Ditto.
Man up, OP.

Quit that job, become cryptotrader girl!

convert to Judaism

i know that feeling except im mid-level and wont be fake to get ahead. its not that i don't want to - i literally cant

Lol. When fake gay poster doesn't realize that's what business really is. Fake it til you make it. Dumb bitch get your money and stfu