It's only me or Varina Davis, wife of CSA President Jefferson Davis was clearly mulatto?

It's only me or Varina Davis, wife of CSA President Jefferson Davis was clearly mulatto?

So? What would be the significance of that?

Literally WHO!?

He's curious on views of marriage and color

This is and was not uncommon in America. For some odd reason racial dynamics are taught as a black and white issue, when in reality it has always been a highly nuanced issue.

Half whites are whites

No more of this "Le 0.00000001% black = black" bullshit

Looks English to me

You literally just inverted the one drop rule you fucking autist.

Mulattos are mulattos. Not blacks. Not whites. Mulattos.

I wouldn't go that far. The 1 drop rule has been very influential in shaping Americas racial perceptions and considerations. It was implemented for a reason. Race is on a spectrum for a great deal of Americans.

Mulattos are white.
The 1 drop rule was relevant when the majority of the US was white, so white people had the luxury to discriminate against other whites for not being white enough. Now that we're about to enter the age of humanity's great darkening, white people cant afford to toss parts of their ethnicity over to the other side just because they're not "pure white"

The 1 drop rule is outmoded.

It's you. Her father was the son of an ex-governor from New Jersey, her mother was the daughter of Scots-Irish immigrants. She also doesn't look remotely mulatto.

Mulattos, griffes, quadroons, and pure blacks(rare in the US), are all subsets of black people, because while "white" has been traditionally defined by purity, "black" has been traditionally defined by strength, related to it's dominant genetic profile.

>Mulattos are white.
nah, they're mulattos

Nah, they're white now.

Enjoy being filtered.

It has literally defined racial dynamics, by intentionally bastardizing black Americans. It's not something that can just be switched up when it is no longer convenient, due to the fact that it was used to designate so many Americans to an "underclass" of sorts.

>use a different term for them
>insist they're still something else even though you yourself call them that different term
>cry like a bitch and decide to ignore all dissenting opinions

you have to be 18 to post here kiddo. I'm sure you'll reply, even if as "someone else". your generation are attention whores.

I see it OP this looks heavily idealized when you compare it with the photograph. Just look at how the painter changed the nose. And no, I'm not even wewuzing

Her parents were white. I don't know what's hard to understand about this. She's not mulatto.

She isn't. Some white people can have large broad noses user.

No that's not white. She has at least 30% black.

[citation needed]