Achaemenid Persians

Were they pure steppe Aryans or were they mixed with Elamites or other non-Aryans?

When and where did the Persian ethnogenesis occur?

>tfw w*ites keep trying to divide us
They were Persian. That's all.

They were Persian

Don't post in my thread if you don't know the answer

Hard to say. It's likely that most of them were light skinned similar to the Aryans but there were definitely large groups that mixed with Elamites. It's likely the light skinned ones stopped being the majority after the Arab conquest and they became a visible minority after Turkic and Mongol mixing. That's why today a lot of Persians look east Asian and a few (like the current supreme leader of Iran) look more light skinned

Explain what "pure Steppe Aryan" means first. Elamitse were already a sedentary population well on decline when the Iranic peoples showed up in Central Asia and on the Iranian Plateau.

>this meme
Arabs had no significant impact on Iranian genetics or phenotypes at all.

>became a visible minority after Turkic and Mongol mixing
Also something you're pulling out of your ass.

yeah dude they got RAPED by arabs so hard lmao

>Typed Cletus Jedediah, chuckling toothlesly before taking another sip of Mountain Dew

Is the race of the people all this board cares?

Someone straight out of he Pontic–Caspian steppe

Then they are the same back as they were during the Bronze and Iron Ages as they are now.

>That's why today a lot of Persians look east Asian and a few (like the current supreme leader of Iran) look more light skinned

No, that's because Ali Khamenei is of Azeri descent.

Other than that, the sheer idiocy of claiming that several tens of thousands of Arabs made a visible impact on a population numbering several millions is explained above.

Its actually even worse because most estimates put the Sassanid Empire's population over 30+ million, upwards to 40+ million people. They had approximate control of 25% of the world population at their fall, overwhelmingly majority being Iranian peoples.

But were the Iron Age Persians mixed with Elamites or other non-Indo-Europeans?

Elamites were again, a declining people who had most of their population wiped out in reprisals that saw the slaughter of most of Elam's population by the Assyrians. If they mixed with Elamites, they overwhelmingly assimilated them and not vice versa.

>other non-Indo-Europeans?

Doubtful in any significant numbers. Anyone have that image of a Persian man posting his profile next to an Achaemenid rock relief?

So Persians are pure steppe Aryans? The Indo-Europeans who conquered Europe looked like Persians?

Yeah, I believe according to some estimates Cteziphon took over as the world's most populous city in late 500s AD.

I see a post like this and it makes me chuckle how a third worlder from an area known scientifically proven to be one of the most inbred places on earth can think he's better than any hill Billy in the South

Not what I said.

Also "pure" Indo-Europeans and other PIE groups would've mixed with Neolithic peoples who weren't part of the PIE family.

No. Persians have very little Yamnaya (Aryan) admixture

Aryan is solely an ethnic denomination for Iranians. And all Iranian people are derived from Andronovo origins, and that derives from Yamnaya. Even wikipedia has this covered:

> "a population related to the people of the Iran Chalcolithic contributed ~43% of the ancestry of early Bronze Age populations of the steppe."[4] According to Lazaridis et al. (2016), these Iranian Chalcolithic people were a mixture of "the Neolithic people of western Iran, the Levant, and Caucasus Hunter Gatherers

Unless you want to go into more detail? Though I agree that one guy repeating "pure Aryan" stuff is silly.

Some time before the Median Empire was a thing
They were just one of many nomadic groups who settled in the Iranian plateau

Aryans =/= PIE

And besides that, the PIE were a mongrel of three different populations

Persians were already semi-pastoral when the Persian Revolt happened under Cyrus the Great against his maternal grandfather. And given that Cyrus was a half-Mede himself, I don't even think there's much if any difference between the Medes and Persians save the former was already fully sedentary and "civilized" at the time.

They were Persians which is an Iranian ethnic group that is white

>They were Persians which is an Iranian ethnic group

True

>that is white

Not true

That skin is pretty white, if you ask me.

There are latinos who are 2x more white than that guy and are not considered white.

Not really. My family is from northern Iran and most of my relatives have a similar skin color and they dont really stand out in the population of my hometown because of that.

Sure, if you cherry pick a tiny sample of Hispanics out of hundreds of millions of them.

I guess Italians, Greeks, and anyone from Spain and Portugal who have olive-skinned complexions and Aquiline noses aren't "white" either.

What race is that guy, if not white? Is he black? Is he mongoloid?

I'm talking about places like South America. It's different from Mexico. Look at the crowd at soccer games from the world cup from countries like Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay. People say they aren't white.

He's Iranian, specifically a Persian, he even posted that pic of himself a few months after Veeky Forums was made to make a point in another thread similar to this one with anti-Iranian fags trying to false-flag modern Iranians relationships with their ancestors.

So a Mediterranean "white" i.e. a Caucasian Indo-European.

>Argentina
>white

You're proving my point.
>There are latinos who are 2x more white than that guy and are not considered white.
If those argentinians aren't white how the fuck is that guy white?

My comment was that you were cherrypicking, which went over your head.

Also none of them even look "1x" more white then that guy.

Achaemenid empire consisted almost 40% of the world population, so no.

Are Arabs also white? They're not black or mongoloid

KKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

44% and that doesn't mean the Iranians mixed with everyone they controlled.
This meme doesn't work when they live in the same area continuously for 3800+ years, speak relatively the same language and kept their ethnic and cultural identity alive despite being at the crossroads of various invasions, conquests, and wars.

Arabs are Semitics, like all other Semitic people they are Caucasoids but the modern vernacular I'm not sure would include Arabs, Jews, and other Semitic people as being "white" in a Western sense.

Hell didn't most Western European countries and Americans consider Italians and Greeks not white even as late as the late 1800s? Shit changes with time.

You can pretend to be king even in the same ethnicity. Imagine in the past a peasant claiming be great to a noble because both come from the same people.

>You can pretend to be king
I'm not Iranian, user I just don't like this kind of stupid memery that adds nothing tangible to the discussion. The rest of what you said is just dumb nonsensical crap.

Semitic is a language group, not a race

Are Uralic Finns, Hungarians, Estonians not white?

Persians are the original Aryans

They wuz actually kangz

>This meme doesn't work when they live in the same area continuously for 3800+ years, speak relatively the same language and kept their ethnic and cultural identity alive despite being at the crossroads of various invasions, conquests, and wars.
I know, but that don't stop a proud African American Woman of Color.

Language groups arise from ethnic groups that share similar racial traits, cultural ties, and genetic backgrounds user.

>Persians are the original Aryans

Nice meme. You don't even know what Aryan is

Then why are Europeans genetically closer to semites than they are to Indo-European Afghans, Indians, Pakis?

They aren't. Unless you mean pre-PIE blanda'd neolithic settlers in Europe. And even then that's very unlikely considering what we know about Anatolians for example.

They are. Just look at any genetic distance map

Darius did, he called himself thus.

>It's likely the light skinned ones stopped being the majority after the Arab conquest and they became a visible minority after Turkic and Mongol mixing.
do people just use this meme when people dont look as white as you want them to?

I have, user.

It does seem pretty prevalent with /stormfront/ fags and nordicists.

>not considered white.

By who? A pure nordic blooded guy living in a ranch in USA